Pro Wrestling Thread

This was pretty cool!

Wrestlemania will be held at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando due to the ban on mass gatherings because of Coronavirus. There will not be any spectators at the show! How weird is that going to be?

Wrestlemania will be held at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando due to the ban on mass gatherings because of Coronavirus. There will not be any spectators at the show! How weird is that going to be?

I remember when it was held at the Pontiac Silverdome for WM3. Over 90K. MachoMan Vs Ricky Steamboat. One of the greatest matches ever.

I shared office space with a embroidery company in Winston Salem. They did work for one of the Garvins back in the day. I was always surpised that he and his buddies werent as big as I expected. Until I met Sid Vicious. I literally bumped into him in a bar. He felt like an oak tree. Huge man.

So, how desperate for some type of live action entertainment am I? Enough that I signed up for the WWE Network free month to see Wrestlemania this weekend, despite not having watched in probably a decade.

What happened? I spend like 5 hours last night watching parts of all the old (1-7) Wrestlemanias from when I was little.

My stir crazy is hitting new levels.

Dark day in WWE land

lots of releases/firings, cutting costs by a couple million

what's that? Linda McMahon Super PAC getting $18.5 million for Florida? hm.

Dark day in WWE land

lots of releases/firings, cutting costs by a couple million

what's that? Linda McMahon Super PAC getting $18.5 million for Florida? hm.

They purge the roster every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fink Howard Finkel dies at 69

the first employee that Vince McMahon hired for the WWF in 1980 (although he started with the company in 1975 when it was the WWWF), the ring announcer of multiple generations, even coining the name WrestleMania

I haven't watched wrestling in 20 years since highschool/college. For some reason my daughter on her own has decided she likes it and is watching it. Strange, but also cool. I have a lot of memories as a kid of WWF. Churned some of those.

I remember when it was held at the Pontiac Silverdome for WM3. Over 90K. MachoMan Vs Ricky Steamboat. One of the greatest matches ever.
That Steamboat / Savage match was great...
3rd greatest match of all time in my personal rating.

Flair v. Steamboat - ‘89 Chi Town Rumble
CM Punk v. Cena - ‘11 Money in the Bank
Steamboat v. Savage- WM 3

So, how desperate for some type of live action entertainment am I? Enough that I signed up for the WWE Network free month to see Wrestlemania this weekend, despite not having watched in probably a decade.

What happened? I spend like 5 hours last night watching parts of all the old (1-7) Wrestlemanias from when I was little.

My stir crazy is hitting new levels.

Watch 2011 Money in the Bank- CM Punk v. Cena.

I miss Slick and Mr. Fuji

I don't think anybody in the industry has ever had a bad word to say about him.

I don't think anybody in the industry has ever had a bad word to say about him.

Thats crazy. Curious what they do with Dark Order on AEW now that he is gone.

Jim Crockett Jr has passed at 76

after inheriting his father's company, he competed with Vince McMahon in the 80s, eventually purchasing territories and running the NWA on a show called World Championship Wrestling (with bankruptcy looming, he sold that show to Ted Turner in 1988)

Jim Crockett Jr has passed at 76

after inheriting his father's company, he competed with Vince McMahon in the 80s, eventually purchasing territories and running the NWA on a show called World Championship Wrestling (with bankruptcy looming, he sold that show to Ted Turner in 1988)
If he would have never went west of the Mississippi, we would still have JCP today... 😢

Well that’s sad. I was just listening to a podcast about Jim Crockett Jr. I miss the territory days and am glad I’m just old enough to remember it - St Louis was a hell of a place for the NWA.

I don't watch pro wrestling any longer. I frankly stopped once the Rock and Stone Cold went away but I watched it a ton growing up. The Peacock streaming network has brought the WWE network into its app as of today.

I would be lying if I said I didn't have Wrestlemania 3 on the Peacock right now in the background while I'm working from home.

I don't watch pro wrestling any longer. I frankly stopped once the Rock and Stone Cold went away but I watched it a ton growing up. The Peacock streaming network has brought the WWE network into its app as of today.

I would be lying if I said I didn't have Wrestlemania 3 on the Peacock right now in the background while I'm working from home.
I have had the WWE Network since launch and it’s great, now it’s on Peacock Premium... BTW if you have the WWE Network it goes away on 4/5, and you will have to get Peacock Premium to continue watching the Network. I have Peacock Premium w/ my cable package, so there was nothing for me to do to switch over.

I’m watching ‘90 Starrcade (Sting v. Black Scorpion) as we speak...

I really enjoyed the network when I had it. I just had watched about every paper view from the 80s and 90s on there. Then I got rid of it because I don’t have any more content to watch.

The Network transition to the Peacock App started today, and not everything has been transferred over yet... The territory stuff is still not available yet.

On this day, 34 years ago, Wrestlemania 3 took place at the Pontiac Silverdome and drew a record 90,000+ spectators!

Back