Probably an old question about grips

Rebel4life

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mid
I know this has probably been asked before, but here goes. A couple of years ago, I switched from GP MCC's to Winn Dri-Tacs because they feel better on my hands.. I really love the feel and tackiness of the Dri-Tacs but don't like how quickly they wear out. Is there a similar grip to the Dri-Tac out there that does not wear out as quickly?

I know this has probably been asked before, but here goes. A couple of years ago, I switched from GP MCC's to Winn Dri-Tacs because they feel better on my hands.. I really love the feel and tackiness of the Dri-Tacs but don't like how quickly they wear out. Is there a similar grip to the Dri-Tac out there that does not wear out as quickly?

I have Winn grips many years ago and loved them. Same issue as you when they wore out after a few months of a lot of play. Will be following to see what other people suggest.

I have Winn grips many years ago and loved them. Same issue as you when they wore out after a few months of a lot of play. Will be following to see what other people suggest.
If you don't mind me asking, which grips did you switch to?

If you don't mind me asking, which grips did you switch to?
I have been playing a few versions of the Golf Pride Tour Velvet. There is supposably a new ZGrip Soft coming out that sounds awesome.

Following because I love Dri-Tacs, but hate how quickly they wear out. I've thought about trying the JumboMax grips, but haven't heard much about them as far as longevity goes.

I really like the GP CP2 Wrap....very easy on the fingers/hands and last forever. Played WINN Dri-Tacs for years for that same reason.

Have you tried the Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2 G? That's also a very tacky soft grip, at least by GP standards, but should wear better than the DriTac.

Try any Lamkin with Genesis Material, Lamkin Sonar, Lamkin Comfort Plus.

Lamkins last longer than GP Grips if you want a more lasting grip.

I am converting to the Lamkin Crossline Genesis 360 Cord when my current grips get slick - in about 6 months.

www.lamkingrips.com

I played GP MCC's for years. I feel like Michael Corleone ... they keep pulling me back in! :ROFLMAO:

Try any Lamkin with Genesis Material, Lamkin Sonar, Lamkin Comfort Plus.

Lamkins last longer than GP Grips if you want a more lasting grip.

www.lamkingrips.com
I hadn't thought about Lamkins. I'll definitely check them out.

I hadn't thought about Lamkins. I'll definitely check them out.

I have MCC Teams at the moment - but I know over the summer they will slick up - my MCC+4 on my wedges slicked up in about 8 months even with cleaning.

I like grips to last a year or two and Lamkin Genesis in the past usually last a couple of years for me.

I have MCC Teams at the moment - but I know over the summer they will slick up - my MCC+4 on my wedges slicked up in about 8 months even with cleaning.

I like grips to last a year or two and Lamkin Genesis in the past usually last a couple of years for me.
That is my biggest issue with the GP grips. They just don't seem to last as long as some other brands. Wedges and driver grips get replaced once or twice in my short season.

That is my biggest issue with the GP grips. They just don't seem to last as long as some other brands. Wedges and driver grips get replaced once or twice in my short season.

I'm guessing it was 6 months on my MCC+4 on the wedges - I wore a glove so they'd stay in my hands.:oops:

I've got Tour Velvet +4 to try on the wedges ... but will move eventually to Lamkin grips. Wanted to try out GP for a couple of years. I've tried them.

I'm guessing it was 6 months on my MCC+4 on the wedges - I wore a glove so they'd stay in my hands.:oops:

I've got Tour Velvet +4 to try on the wedges ... but will move eventually to Lamkin grips. Wanted to try out GP for a couple of years. I've tried them.
I just cannot find a grip with as much texture as the new decades. The align gives it a little more too. It's a necessary evil for me.

I really like the GP CP2 Wrap....very easy on the fingers/hands and last forever.
I had one of those on a Ping 5w I bought used. I liked it, but I prefer the GP CP2 Pro for the prominent index stripe along the top. (Plus red suits most of my clubs better than blue. I wish both came in two or three different accent colors.)

I've used my CP2 Pros in everything from blazing hot, dripping sweat summer heat, to chilly, breezy days that left my hands somewhat numb. I've played them in the rain. No slippage ever. And I don't wear a glove. I don't employ a death grip. I love these grips. I love them so much I'll be conflicted if I buy Cobra irons, because I don't want to lose my CP2 Pros.

I just cannot find a grip with as much texture as the new decades. The align gives it a little more too. It's a necessary evil for me.

Yes, that's probably why I've held on to them. I can't do align thougho_O for some reason. Especially not on the wedges that I open up -- 50-60

Ya I’d say the cp2 line would be a great replacement. Although never had a club with one long enough to see wear haha

I really like the GP CP2 Wrap....very easy on the fingers/hands and last forever. Played WINN Dri-Tacs for years for that same reason.
+1 these are really soft on the hands and stay tacky...last forever.

The GP Tour Wrap Micro Suede may be a great option too. I haven't used it personally, but I have heard it is very soft.

For the first time I need to replace grips because of use. I have a back up set for all of my clubs. I will do in the next month or so depending on if I buy new clubs.

For the first time I need to replace grips because of use. I have a back up set for all of my clubs. I will do in the next month or so depending on if I buy new clubs.
I may need to replace grips because, it turns out, I probably should be using jumbo grips, rather than midsize.

When I re-gripped the irons I was gifted I tried standard, midsize, and jumbo. The jumbo, at the time, felt really, really big, so I went with midsize. But now that I've been using the midsize for a while, the jumbo grips, while they still feel large, don't feel outrageously big. Looking at my grip, with each, the midsize are just slightly too small. The young lady behind the counter took some hand measurements and found I'm right on the line between midsize and jumbo. She looked at my grip on each and suggested jumbo would be better for me.

The young lady behind the counter took some hand measurements and found I'm right on the line between midsize and jumbo. She looked at my grip on each and suggested jumbo would be better for me.
When gripping your current mid size grips, which of the three images is most accurate ? :
grip_sizing.jpg

When gripping your current mid size grips, which of the three images is most accurate ? :
I've seen that. I even have a copy somewhere. I'm close to, but not quite at the left-hand photo with midsize grips. Probably the jumbo grips come closest to the middle photo.

Like I said: Right on the line between the two.

I've now jumbo grips on my newest driver and my 4h. Midsize on everything else. I'll see how the driver and 4h work for me with those grips. If they work well I'll re-grip my woods. Then see where i go from there.

I've seen that. I even have a copy somewhere. I'm close to, but not quite at the left-hand photo with midsize grips. Probably the jumbo grips come closest to the middle photo.

Like I said: Right on the line between the two.

I've now jumbo grips on my newest driver and my 4h. Midsize on everything else. I'll see how the driver and 4h work for me with those grips. If they work well I'll re-grip my woods. Then see where i go from there.
I'm in the same boat. I go back and forth. I landed with the Lampkin crossline Mid-size and add 3 wraps.

I can't stand wrap grips. I have a Winn Dri-Tac Oversize wrap on my Super Hybrid because I've been too lazy to change it out, and I hate it every time I take the club out of the bag. Just don't like the feel of a wrap in my hands.

Back