Project X Catalyst Graphite Iron Shafts

I’m loving the 80g in my XF Ut 24*.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
80g doesn't feel too light? Still stout in the tip?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

80g doesn't feel too light? Still stout in the tip?

Coming from 100g 6.0, the 80g helped smooth out the tempo and path I was looking for.

Coming from 100g 6.0, the 80g helped smooth out the tempo and path I was looking for.

Are you drawing the ball more? Does the 80 have more tip torque. Hence slowing your tempo?

Are you drawing the ball more? Does the 80 have more tip torque. Hence slowing your tempo?

Drawing no but I’m able to flight high and low if need be where as the 100g was only low. With the 100g I was having to swing faster to get height. Now I don’t have to.

Had a good day with this shaft in the Cobra F9 4i yesterday 4 times off the tee all 4 times was a FIR

Averaged 215 yards with the best being 231 and shortest 190

Great move so far

What are you seeing that is different from the steel shaft in terms of ball flight, dispersion, distance, etc.?

It's important to get the right configuration to your tempo and swing style. I found that the 50 5.0 went well with my style compared to the 60 5.5 or 6.0 Sometimes heavier doesn’t necessarily mean better

What are you seeing that is different from the steel shaft in terms of ball flight, dispersion, distance, etc.?

Can’t compare the 4i graphite vs steel

Compared to the Atmos that was in there dispersion is the biggest improvement

Also flight is slightly higher

Distance is better but it is warmer as well

Can’t compare the 4i graphite vs steel

Compared to the Atmos that was in there dispersion is the biggest improvement

Also flight is slightly higher

Distance is better but it is warmer as well

You hit that club with the Catalyst 1 million times better than you hit the Atmos. I’m guessing weight is playing a big part there, but it wasn’t even close.

Awful expensive test to find out which works better ... 80g or 100g ... 5.5 or 6.0 :banghead:

Awful expensive test to find out which works better ... 80g or 100g ... 5.5 or 6.0 :banghead:

You could just find a Callaway demo day and test they there. All four stock options for apex/apex pro

You could just find a Callaway demo day and test they there. All four stock options for apex/apex pro

That's a good idea. Thanks

That's a good idea. Thanks

I know that some of the Edwin Watts in my area have a few catalyst shafts available for demo on Callaway clubs. Perhaps you can pop in to one and find one of two to test.

I know that some of the Edwin Watts in my area have a few catalyst shafts available for demo on Callaway clubs. Perhaps you can pop in to one and find one of two to test.

No Edwin Watts in VA unfortunately. There is a Club Champion in MD. I can call and ask if they have them but that will probably cost me an arm & a leg

Unless you're looking at 80cw vs. 100cw - I don't think Callaway offers the 80g constant weight shaft.

Unless you're looking at 80cw vs. 100cw - I don't think Callaway offers the 80g constant weight shaft.

that is correct. they only offer the parallel tip option.

that is correct. they only offer the parallel tip option.
Parallel tip going to play any different than CW ? My Titleist irons are CW .355 taper tip

yes sir it is very expensive to blind test, I got a set of 80 cw from People's golf because I just had to have them right then and found out I did not like the feel at all and even though Will did me a great deal to exchange for the 100 taper it was still a $700 hit.

To me the CW and the taper had markedly different feel, which could have just been my imagination but they just did not work.

The 100 just felt better to me out of the box and gave me what I needed for flight and distance, that being said for the last month I can't hit a walmart with an iron but that is all the idiot holding the club..

Parallel tip going to play any different than CW ? My Titleist irons are CW .355 taper tip

parallel launch higher than taper will (all other things being equal). To me, the taper tip feel a little more firm in same flex as well.

pondering an 80 5.5 for my 56* wedge. i didn’t want to spend any $ on clubs before the gd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

McLovin;n8879206 said:
pondering an 80 5.5 for my 56* wedge. i didn’t want to spend any $ on clubs before the gd.

I’m going with 80g 6.0 in my back up wedges.

Molten;n8879189 said:
The order is FINALLY placed - I’m ready to see what this can do as a driving iron shaft.

What weight and flex did you go with?

McLovin;n8879206 said:

If we ever play together, you can try my irons with 100g in there for comparison purposes. Might be somethin to keep note of come December

Back