Project X Catalyst Graphite Iron Shafts

I do believe I am going back to the Catalyst 100 when I build the TC-201 irons, the MCI black were a experiment that just is proving to be to diffficult to use. Just too stiff for me.

I found the Catalyst taper tip to play a bit different than the .370, I had the .370 90 and did not like the feel but loved the taper tip 100.

I'm looking for some advice here - I'm used to 105 (and sometimes 120) gram shafts but I'm leaning toward the catalyst. Could I get away with the 80s or would I likely need the 100? I have the 80 in a driving iron and love it but I'm questioning the short irons. Someone make me think less, please.

I'm looking for some advice here - I'm used to 105 (and sometimes 120) gram shafts but I'm leaning toward the catalyst. Could I get away with the 80s or would I likely need the 100? I have the 80 in a driving iron and love it but I'm questioning the short irons. Someone make me think less, please.

I think you'd be plenty happy with the 80s throughtout the bag.

I'm looking at getting the 40s for my wife and putting them in my F9s.

5A969540-1F37-46E4-8031-5EEC12EA634D.jpeg

I played the 100's all last season and I have no second thoughts about that(and I second guess everything). I swung the 80's when I was demoing, and I had played Recoil 780's which weighed roughly the same. For me, the 100's gave me more confidence that I could go at the ball more if I needed to, but also lay back and still get solid performance.

I played the 100's all last season and I have no second thoughts about that(and I second guess everything). I swung the 80's when I was demoing, and I had played Recoil 780's which weighed roughly the same. For me, the 100's gave me more confidence that I could go at the ball more if I needed to, but also lay back and still get solid performance.
This is what I'm worried about. I really like the catalyst feel and performance - just stuck on the weight.

This is what I'm worried about. I really like the catalyst feel and performance - just stuck on the weight.

also a big thing for me was comfort. As someone who loves to 2nd guess, I didn't want to have something in the bag, that I wanted in there for a few years, thinking that I made a mistake.

also a big thing for me was comfort. As someone who loves to 2nd guess, I didn't want to have something in the bag, that I wanted in there for a few years, thinking that I made a mistake.
What, us? Head cases?

How do they compare to the 100s, in your opinion?
I’ve never hit the 100’s. I asked DB in San Diego if I should consider them and he said I shouldn’t stop using the Elevate X100’s as we played together.

I’ve never hit the 100’s. I asked DB in San Diego if I should consider them and he said I shouldn’t stop using the Elevate X100’s as we played together.

pfft what does he know?

Ohhhhh maybe elevates. So much ponder.

I have a set of catalyst 100 shafts headed my way.. Time for another build! (This will be my first set of irons with graphite shafts.)

I have a set of catalyst 100 shafts headed my way.. Time for another build! (This will be my first set of irons with graphite shafts.)

nice, can you get that @Molten guy on the train with you?

nice, can you get that @Molten guy on the train with you?
I can try.. He and I are overdue for some golf together and he doesn't live that far away!

Where did you get yours from? :unsure:

I’m so wanting the 100s but the stock 80 will have to get its chance first before I buy.

100’s are nice. Like what ddec said, it’s not knowing it will handle whatever speed you give it. It’s also like a nice easy transition from steel since it’s only 15-20g lighter

Where did you get yours from? :unsure:
EBay.. And they might be what I have you help me put together. Did I see that you snagged a set as well?

Seriously considering these...

I envy all you guys that can build iron sets.

I was fit into the Catalyst 80 tonight for my set of Cobra Forged Tec and they were wonderful!

Back