Project X Catalyst Shafts

Cruskater

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA Sucks
Hey y'all,

I am fortunate to have won a contest this week from Project X for a complete set of iron and wedge shafts (yes, I know, super blessed!). I am settling into my MMT's, but the missus is up soon for new irons as she continues to improve.

It looks like all Catalyst shafts on the Project X website under 80g are parallel .370 tip. Anyone know if this applies to wedges also? She has new Jaws MD5 with taper tip Recoils esx 460. She and her coach have been talking about going up a bit in weight and maybe maybe not stiffness. She is in a Fuji Atmos Red 6 A flex at 61g. The wedge shafts are 64g Regular. We have been talking about something in the 65-75g range for her, most likely still in the 60s and regular.

The plan is to check in with our fitter and then hit the PGA SS (he is booked solid for a very long time) for her to look at some irons and then hit some. Which brings me to another question...looks like many player's distance irons or higher are taper tip like the Apex line. She is interested in something more compact than her current TM M4's, but with some tech for distance. Sight unseen, a message with our fitter suggested starting with the Apex regular, DCB, P790's, and Cobra Forged Tec. Not sure if any of them can be in parallel tip. Guess we would cross that bridge later. Looks like we would then either order just the heads if possible, a standard set, or find a cheap used set in good condition.

Anyone have any thoughts on the shaft tips? Or on catalyst shafts?

One other thing...are most wedges taper tip? Can't seem to find much on the OEM websites

One other thing...are most wedges taper tip? Can't seem to find much on the OEM websites
Wedges are typically if not always .355 taper.

Hey y'all,

I am fortunate to have won a contest this week from Project X for a complete set of iron and wedge shafts (yes, I know, super blessed!). I am settling into my MMT's, but the missus is up soon for new irons as she continues to improve.

It looks like all Catalyst shafts on the Project X website under 80g are parallel .370 tip. Anyone know if this applies to wedges also? She has new Jaws MD5 with taper tip Recoils esx 460. She and her coach have been talking about going up a bit in weight and maybe maybe not stiffness. She is in a Fuji Atmos Red 6 A flex at 61g. The wedge shafts are 64g Regular. We have been talking about something in the 65-75g range for her, most likely still in the 60s and regular.

The plan is to check in with our fitter and then hit the PGA SS (he is booked solid for a very long time) for her to look at some irons and then hit some. Which brings me to another question...looks like many player's distance irons or higher are taper tip like the Apex line. She is interested in something more compact than her current TM M4's, but with some tech for distance. Sight unseen, a message with our fitter suggested starting with the Apex regular, DCB, P790's, and Cobra Forged Tec. Not sure if any of them can be in parallel tip. Guess we would cross that bridge later. Looks like we would then either order just the heads if possible, a standard set, or find a cheap used set in good condition.

Anyone have any thoughts on the shaft tips? Or on catalyst shafts?
Golfworks has a comprehensive list of OEM heads and hosel sizes along with comparable replacement shafts to there originals. Hope the list helps, as far as the .370 graphite shafts some can be sanded down to a taper if there is enough material at the tip to do so to make this work.

Golfworks has a comprehensive list of OEM heads and hosel sizes along with comparable replacement shafts to there originals. Hope the list helps, as far as the .370 graphite shafts some can be sanded down to a taper if there is enough material at the tip to do so to make this work.
Thanks! Going to check out the comparison listings.

We do make tapers and will get you what you need.

The Catalyst tapers are pretty heavy and stout so once you get heads sorted, reach out and we'll get you sorted, maybe even our new Cypher irons, or ACCRA is even on the table, since we own them too....

We do make tapers and will get you what you need.

The Catalyst tapers are pretty heavy and stout so once you get heads sorted, reach out and we'll get you sorted, maybe even our new Cypher irons, or ACCRA is even on the table, since we own them too....
Thanks so much @DB TT! This is an awesome contest and I'll be sure to include a write-up once the dust settles. Thanks for your quick response. I have PX in my woods and UT and love them. Happy to fit the missus into new PX shafts as well. She can really use them and is super grateful as we are both teachers! You guys are awesome and customer service is great. Should we get in touch here via DM or Insta DM when we are ready to go? Planning on evaluating heads this weekend. Thanks again!

Just DM me through here. We'll get you taken care of. Dm me about which contest you won so I can get with the social team.

Back