OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
20210114_232441.jpg

20210114_232723.jpg

Same thing here. Anyone heard about it, seen it at their store yet, excited about it. They finally put up the info on their site.

I took a couple little swings and watched someone better suited to it hit it a bit.

It's light, high, etc. Not for me, but looks pretty good on the Epic heads and that guy was getting some pretty good swing and ball speeds with it. Might have been excitement, but said he'd never hit 90 SS with a driver before and having a fairly quick transition it surprised me how stable it seemed as he started down. Was interesting.

Last edited:
Just saw this today as well! Had a teaser on their social media earlier, and then Keenan starred in another TT video on Youtube... It's also listed for sale on the GolfWorks site.

Just saw this today as well! Had a teaser on their social media earlier, and then Keenan starred in another TT video on Youtube... It's also listed for sale on the GolfWorks site.

Awesome. Thanks for posting that. Interesting how he basically said if you like them in your woods try them in your irons and vice versa. Also definitely seems to achieve the goal he mentioned of 'maximizing club head speed' since that SS was a first for the guy hitting it today. Cool.

This photo was on IG a couple months ago. It's at the bottom. Golfworks had Cypher iron shafts on their website as well. They're definitely interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if they ended up in a Callaway head, based on the color scheme.

Screenshot_20210114-112735_Instagram.jpg

Personally, I really like the carbon fibre wrap look. I wish more shafts had that visible tech.

Personally, I really like the carbon fibre wrap look. I wish more shafts had that visible tech.
Yeah I'm the same, I really like the look of the weave in there.

Interested to see if the middle section weave really adds stability or not. That's normally the issue with the really lightweight shafts for someone that's not overly fast or overly slow swing. 40g shaft, even if it is Stiff, just seems way too light. I'm still interested in giving these a go though. Especially if it means having the same shafts in both the irons as in the woods. (y)

Interested to see if the middle section weave really adds stability or not. That's normally the issue with the really lightweight shafts for someone that's not overly fast or overly slow swing. 40g shaft, even if it is Stiff, just seems way too light. I'm still interested in giving these a go though. Especially if it means having the same shafts in both the irons as in the woods. (y)
I expect that it would. From what I recall, that type of weave is designed for torsional rigidity.

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 12.41.10 PM.png

I expect that it would. From what I recall, that type of weave is designed for torsional rigidity.

View attachment 8988444
They had a similar weave on the LZ driver shaft. They called it FlexLok or something like that. Curious if they're going back to something similar, as a lot of people preferred the feel of that shaft over the Hzrdus line that followed it.

They had a similar weave on the LZ driver shaft. They called it FlexLok or something like that. Curious if they're going back to something similar, as a lot of people preferred the feel of that shaft over the Hzrdus line that followed it.
Flex Lock are carbon fibre bands that are wrapped in one direction around the shaft at 45 degree angles. It looks to me like on CYPHER, they've used a flat sheet of plain weave. Both GREAT looking shafts though!!

Flex Lock are carbon fibre bands that are wrapped in one direction around the shaft at 45 degree angles. It looks to me like on CYPHER, they've used a flat sheet of plain weave. Both GREAT looking shafts though!!
LZ used torsional bands to add stability to the soft middle section. Guessing OXS is just 2.0 using a weave, rather than bands, to add even more stability to a similar profile. Truth is all shafts use multiple different ply orientations to add stability and structural integrity, but if you want to market it as some kind of new tech, it helps to make it visible.

LZ used to torsional bands to add stability to the soft middle section. Guessing OXS is just 2.0 using a weave, rather than bands, to add even more stability to a similar profile. Truth is all shafts use multiple different ply orientations to add stability and structural integrity, but if you want to market it as some kind of new tech, it helps to make it visible.
Exactly. My custom shaft was 8 flags.

1CF37728-ACBD-42F2-8566-640C374CD387_1_201_a.jpeg

I've been playing the secret Cypher all summer. As much as it begrudges me to say it (since I didn't design it), this is one of our best shafts for my kind of game (230ish off the tee, need more height) that we have ever made.

It is super, super stable for a higher launching lightweight shaft. I think this one is going to be our sleeper shaft of the year. It is really good.

I've been playing the secret Cypher all summer. As much as it begrudges me to say it (since I didn't design it), this is one of our best shafts for my kind of game (230ish off the tee, need more height) that we have ever made.

It is super, super stable for a higher launching lightweight shaft. I think this one is going to be our sleeper shaft of the year. It is really good.
I feel like you are talking to @McLovin

Not gonna lie, the CYPHER name is a pretty bad ass. Not my profile but there are a lot of people this can help!

I was fit into a relatively high launch, lightweight shaft in my last fitting (Speeder Evolution V). I'd obviously prefer to have a PX shaft in my driver, would the Cypher be the direction to look?

I feel like you are talking to @McLovin

that would violate the restraining order.

in all seriousness i’d try it, but that light weight worries me. my thce shaft is 70 grams.

that sounds like something i need to try. playing EvenFlow Green in my Flash right now.

THPers enjoyed this one in the Hy-Wood

THPers enjoyed this one in the Hy-Wood
It sort or melted my mind. And by sort of, I mean totally.

@JDax thought it was too light. Then he hit it amazingly well. Then thought it was too light 😀

@JDax thought it was too light. Then he hit it amazingly well. Then thought it was too light 😀
Man, I wouldn’t change a thing about it, and it’s WAY off my usual 90-100g Hybo shafts

No doubt, I was enamored with the Hy-Wood 3+ and didn't come over to hit it. In the interest of full disclosure, my purpose of coming to HQ that day was to hit the Apex DCB v. T200 & to test the Epic Super Hybrid v. my OG Super Hybrid. @JB made me hit the Hy-Wood blind & loved it. I did start pondering a shaft change right away to something like the Lin-Q, because of the light feel of the CYPHER shaft. But I hit the Hy-Wood extremely well, and want to fully test it again v. the Epic Super Hybrid and make a decision. I would be willing to give the CYPHER shaft a go, because I hit it well.

Anyone try the iron version of this range? Wish to reshaft my zx4s

Anyone try the iron version of this range? Wish to reshaft my zx4s
I have it in my Halo 4 iron. I like it. I have the 6.0 stiff model. I was worried about it at first, but it’s held up to my aggressive swing and has a good feel. Reminds me of the RCH shaft in my driver.

Back