Project X Demo Day Reviews THP Outing

Played the Project X 6.0 in the Bridgestone J38 Irons. Good combo!!
Good feedback, good feel... I don't have much to compare them to, but I found nothing to dislike from the irons and the shafts...

Is the PX shaft in the VR Tour legit? It's not some made for POS is it? Same thing you buy at TT?

Is the PX shaft in the VR Tour legit? It's not some made for POS is it? Same thing you buy at TT?

A couple of things. Not all "made for" shafts are that bad. Some are tweaked to match up better with club head weight rather than just watered down.

As for this one, I am not sure actually. The VR Tour driver I have here does not have that shaft in it. Sorry.

A couple of things. Not all "made for" shafts are that bad. Some are tweaked to match up better with club head weight rather than just watered down.

As for this one, I am not sure actually. The VR Tour driver I have here does not have that shaft in it. Sorry.

Ok thats a valid point. That makes alot of sense actually. Thanks for the info!

Ok thats a valid point. That makes alot of sense actually. Thanks for the info!

Dont get me wrong, some are just flat out awful. But we have found that in recent years some of the "made for" shafts are quite good matched with their head.

PX shaft in the VR Tour without the STR8-Fit adapter is a legit PX graphite shaft, not a made for shaft....I think the new VR Pro Driver they are going to release has a made for PX shaft....

Since I put a project X in my supertri driver I have not been able to play in weather that is warmer than 55 degrees so it has been difficult to tell the types of yardages I am getting. However, last Friday I played with White Rhino and Yoccos out in Phoenix where the weather is always beautiful. First off I have to say that Yoccos can hit some bombs with his driver. The course we played was fairly open, though majority of the fairways seemed to have a snake like bend to them. I was able to hit all but 1 fairway and my distance seemed to be a little more than normal. The projext X 6.0 + Supertri + Bridgestone E6 yellow ball was a winning combination last week with distance and accuracy.

Glad to hear that it was working so well for you, ddec.

i had the chance to demo the PX 7.0 driver shaft while at THP HQ a couple of weekends ago. it feels good, i love the subtle graphics on the blue shaft but it just isn't the miyazaki that i'm use to.

Back