Project X Even Flow Riptide MX and LX Shafts

MX sounds like it would fit my swing the best; that would be my preference of the two (though aesthetically I like the LX better)

The only other shaft I have experience with that was sub 3 torque was the Accra tz6 65 m4 at 2.4 and that shaft was excellent. I have a tz6 55m4 on the way which is 2.7. I wonder how much influence purchasing Accra has had or are they still ran separately?

Thinking I am leaning towards the mx for my in coming epic speed triple 💎💎💎. Love the red but would like to try both and go from there

Last edited:
The LX is the one I would choose. I love project x shafts!

If you have Instagram, sound off on the post below.

20210804_001004.jpg

I’d prob go MX and heavy.

I need one or both of these. Badly. HUGE riptide fan, and these are different beasts, but still….

Love the Riptide Evenflow Blue CB in my driver and FW. Would have to try the LX in a light weight (sub 60 Stiff). No need right now, but in the future.

Well the waggle test on the LX 60 TX is creating NO takers on actually hitting it so far. :LOL:. It is a bit of a forearm workout to get it moving.

First round with it went pretty well. Really tried to ease into things today, and only had a short stretch swinging fairly freely, so I'm not going to judge too much. I do like to see how things work for me when I'm not 💯 though, so it was nice to see that should be fine.

I'll go after it more on Friday. Super-early-and-bound-to-change quick reactions though are that for me the flight was pretty flat with my TSi3 9* head. Could have been the body day, but it was consistent. Low-mid with not a lot of spin. Cost me a bit on one, but was mostly really good. Out, with zero climb, and it drew fond comments. Decent feel and release and I could work it to the right really nicely, which is big plus for me. For freaking everyone else out on the waggle test it didn't feel too beastie. Different than my Ventus Black 6X tipped an inch, but not stiffer overall. Maybe softer in the handle and actually a little stiffer in the mid-low/upper-tip area? Could feel it load and kick a bit, but real smooth and mild about it. I don't like to feel a lot of movement, and didn't love the original Riptide for that, so that's why the torque and feel changes on this one had me curious. I did toe one early on.. #1 actually I think, and I didn't feel the head want to twist at all. That was nice.

Took it to the range quick after and saw the same things. I'm excited to get it out there again with a little more rest and more familiar swing.

A little later than originally planned, but I got to put a little more speed on the LX TX today. Big drive on #1 with a different one and favorable conditions on a few holes got me in the mood a bit. Unfortunately ripping crosswinds can really alter end results, so in terms of what I'm getting out of it, still in progress.

It doesn't feel overly fast for my timing. I think it actually suits me decently well. Feels like a pretty consistent bend throughout, but still more manual than what a lot of people seem to enjoy, so my instinct is the MX will be more popular. I'm fairly certain I'm getting less deflection in the tip at the top, in transition, than with my Ventus Black though. Which is pretty stout, but I think I can feel it bounce a tad more more out there. That's something that tends to jump out at me because my left wrist neither bows nor flexes at the top, and I reverse direction fairly quickly, so it all translates right out to head/tip. It's really the only thing that puts me in the more aggressive shafts.

Screenshot_20210809-213351_Video Player.jpg

So I can usually spot in video exactly where the weaker flex points are in a shaft when I transition. I don't know if it's just the flex here, or the even bend profile, but I really can't with this one in any stills, and something about that, in this shaft, seems to make it really easy for me to time. And I think it feels less stiff than my V Black overall mostly because it just feels smoother/ more connected. Kick point less pronounced with the longer reinforced tip?

I could be out of my mind, lost my sense of smell, etc, on all this but I'm just gonna talk this through here as I go. I plan to bounce back and forth between it and another shaft on Wednesday again. I could swing a little faster today, but had to stay a little loose in the lower half still. I'm hoping to be able to stay home and wind a little more next time and really see what it's like for me.

I do know that whenever I wanted to go after one today once I got going, this is the one I reached for. Flight continues to be mid/mid-lowish for me, and workability has improved with time. Missed 1 fairway with it today.

A little later than originally planned, but I got to put a little more speed on the LX TX today. Big drive on #1 with a different one and favorable conditions on a few holes got me in the mood a bit. Unfortunately ripping crosswinds can really alter end results, so in terms of what I'm getting out of it, still in progress.

It doesn't feel overly fast for my timing. I think it actually suits me decently well. Feels like a pretty consistent bend throughout, but still more manual than what a lot of people seem to enjoy, so my instinct is the MX will be more popular. I'm fairly certain I'm getting less deflection in the tip at the top, in transition, than with my Ventus Black though. Which is pretty stout, but I think I can feel it bounce a tad more more out there. That's something that tends to jump out at me because my left wrist neither bows nor flexes at the top, and I reverse direction fairly quickly, so it all translates right out to head/tip. It's really the only thing that puts me in the more aggressive shafts.

View attachment 9021303

So I can usually spot in video exactly where the weaker flex points are in a shaft when I transition. I don't know if it's just the flex here, or the even bend profile, but I really can't with this one in any stills, and something about that, in this shaft, seems to make it really easy for me to time. And I think it feels less stiff than my V Black overall mostly because it just feels smoother/ more connected. Kick point less pronounced with the longer reinforced tip?

I could be out of my mind, lost my sense of smell, etc, on all this but I'm just gonna talk this through here as I go. I plan to bounce back and forth between it and another shaft on Wednesday again. I could swing a little faster today, but had to stay a little loose in the lower half still. I'm hoping to be able to stay home and wind a little more next time and really see what it's like for me.

I do know that whenever I wanted to go after one today once I got going, this is the one I reached for. Flight continues to be mid/mid-lowish for me, and workability has improved with time. Missed 1 fairway with it today.
Love the updates. keep it coming!!... I played Ventus Black all of last year in 6x and now have 7x in my mini driver.

I wanted to pull the trigger on the LX but ended up buying the new Accra Tour Z RPG 362 m5.

Love the updates. keep it coming!!... I played Ventus Black all of last year in 6x and now have 7x in my mini driver.

I wanted to pull the trigger on the LX but ended up buying the new Accra Tour Z RPG 362 m5.
That mini setup sounds kinda tasty.

I'd be really curious to hear your thoughts on the LX if you get the chance to swing it at some point, because I don't know a lot of people that play the Ventus Black well. I swear I see a blue in about half the bags I play against though. And Riptide doesn't historically go along well with the Ventus Black player profile, but this one seems a little different. If I can get the same deal on an MX I got on this one I might try it just for fun and to see if I'd like it in a FW.

I'd be curious to try the MX. With the lower torque, sounds interesting.

That mini setup sounds kinda tasty.

I'd be really curious to hear your thoughts on the LX if you get the chance to swing it at some point, because I don't know a lot of people that play the Ventus Black well. I swear I see a blue in about half the bags I play against though. And Riptide doesn't historically go along well with the Ventus Black player profile, but this one seems a little different. If I can get the same deal on an MX I got on this one I might try it just for fun and to see if I'd like it in a FW.
Ventus Black definitely took a while to get used to. I have to swing it aggressively for it to work for me

But that was exactly my thought. Playing something like Black initially turns me away when I hear "EvenFlow Riptide." I know this shaft is unlike anything they've made but I didnt want to gamble on it. I would probably go the TX route like you did for the lower torque. I went with the new Accra bc its a safer choice but im sure the LX is an awesome shaft. Lots of good reviews coming in

Might just schedule a driver fitting so I can test it out

View attachment 9021303

I am super interested in the MX. I tend to like mid launch shafts.

I can’t decide which one I want to take a chance on?

First round with it went pretty well. Really tried to ease into things today, and only had a short stretch swinging fairly freely, so I'm not going to judge too much. I do like to see how things work for me when I'm not 💯 though, so it was nice to see that should be fine.

I'll go after it more on Friday. Super-early-and-bound-to-change quick reactions though are that for me the flight was pretty flat with my TSi3 9* head. Could have been the body day, but it was consistent. Low-mid with not a lot of spin. Cost me a bit on one, but was mostly really good. Out, with zero climb, and it drew fond comments. Decent feel and release and I could work it to the right really nicely, which is big plus for me. For freaking everyone else out on the waggle test it didn't feel too beastie. Different than my Ventus Black 6X tipped an inch, but not stiffer overall. Maybe softer in the handle and actually a little stiffer in the mid-low/upper-tip area? Could feel it load and kick a bit, but real smooth and mild about it. I don't like to feel a lot of movement, and didn't love the original Riptide for that, so that's why the torque and feel changes on this one had me curious. I did toe one early on.. #1 actually I think, and I didn't feel the head want to twist at all. That was nice.

Took it to the range quick after and saw the same things. I'm excited to get it out there again with a little more rest and more familiar swing.
I need to stop reading your posts, I really do! I may or may not have looked for something several times over the past few days. I've bought blind before...

Any more updates?

Any more updates?
Well I took mine out yesterday (wed.) but I'm too tired to have coherent thoughts right now. It was bigger, more though. Good flight into the wind. Playing tomorrow and it's not supposed to blow, so after that my current thoughts should be fresher, and better.

Well I took mine out yesterday (wed.) but I'm too tired to have coherent thoughts right now. It was bigger, more though. Good flight into the wind. Playing tomorrow and it's not supposed to blow, so after that my current thoughts should be fresher, and better.

Right on, I know you mentioned that the OG riptide didn’t work for you so do you think there are any similarities in this line up?

Riptide LX 🤤. Just love in general anything PX is putting out in that Even flow series. Been in my woods now for a few years and they fit with my swing so well.

Right on, I know you mentioned that the OG riptide didn’t work for you so do you think there are any similarities in this line up?
There are in some little ways I think.

I am currently having fun with it. :p I'll add some thoughts after. That was early. Nearing the turn now and going to start opening it up. She what she's got. (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: MH
Ended up ordering an LX 60 today for my epic speed 💎💎💎

Back