Project X Even Flow Riptide Shaft

It’s like I know things or something. :unsure:
I saw the highest ball speed I’ve ever had today. I have to adjust to the feel a little but I’m looking forward to the journey.

I think @Tenputt said it was closer in feel to the EF Blue and I agree completely.

I got to take some rips with the RipTide in a SIM driver. Fun times. Great combo. I could turn it over quite easily and maintain low launch/spin.

They need to make shafts for guys towards the rebar end of things that look this good. I really want the riptide to work for me, but it just doesn't.

They need to make shafts for guys towards the rebar end of things that look this good. I really want the riptide to work for me, but it just doesn't.
To be fair, fit doesn’t have a whole lot to do with rebar or not. I’m not a slow swinger (when not hurt) and this one holds up fine in 6.5, because the profile fits. Cooler is that PX has a broad lineup of badass looking golf shafts for everyone, and if rebar is what you want, go get a Hulk.

To be fair, fit doesn’t have a whole lot to do with rebar or not. I’m not a slow swinger (when not hurt) and this one holds up fine in 6.5, because the profile fits. Cooler is that PX has a broad lineup of badass looking golf shafts for everyone, and if rebar is what you want, go get a Hulk.

The softer flex end of the shafts people describe as rebar-ish just seem to be the ones whose profile suits me best, and they just tend to not be as fun to look at. That's all I was saying. I don't have the SS for actual rebar, and neon green isn't quite what I think of as good looking. Black with some subtle but sharp glam that matches the head highlights is right up my alley though. Visually. Just makes me jealous. Not knocking PX at all.

And from an availability standpoint, I'm pretty lucky to fit into the small segment of shafts that I do. I picture it like a guy wearing a size 7.5 shoe. When everything else is sold out they still have them in my size. Usually at a discount.

Just watched an Alex Etches video on YouTube... For anyone wondering, Alice Cooper plays the Riptide CB in 50g R. Awesome!

I’m actually thinking about picking up a CB version at some point just to tinker with.

Really want to try the hybrid shaft.

Might legit end up with riptide through the top of the bag this year.

Really want to try the hybrid shaft.

Might legit end up with riptide through the top of the bag this year.
I think the hybrid shaft would be amazing if it’s specs are similar to the driver shaft. Add me to the “want to try it” group!

IME, the more aggressive you are, the more the shaft hones in. But, that’s 100 percent just me.

how does it compare to the hzrdus smoke black?

how does it compare to the hzrdus smoke black?
Pretty different, this is on the evenflow profile and not the HZRDUS, which is a significant differentiator.

Pretty different, this is on the evenflow profile and not the HZRDUS, which is a significant differentiator.

I have way too much to learn about this stuff

I have way too much to learn about this stuff
For me, one of the biggest differences was the butt section; the HZRDUS line is parallel while Riptide is tapered.

For me, one of the biggest differences was the butt section; the HZRDUS line is parallel while Riptide is tapered.
Nailed it. This is a key difference between HZRDUS and Evenflow in general.

Why can't I find this driver shaft locally to try out!! From the sound of it I should definitely try it in my driver!!

Back