Project X Even Flow Riptide Shaft

This shaft is a unicorn. I was fit into the 6.5 in a callaway mavrik. I'm a 5.5-6.0 depending on the shaft.
No you’re not. You swing like a beast.

So on Saturday I went to the simulator to test out an Evenflow Riptide 60g 6.0 (Mavrik head) and an EF Riptide CB 60g 6.0 (SIM head) head to head. I know with different heads, the comparisons don't work perfectly but I am just working with what I have and hoping to get others some information that they may be looking for. Especially since THP is like the only place you can find any reviews of this shaft.

A little background, I've been hitting the standard Riptide in my Epic Flash all winter in our simulator league so I'm very familiar with this shaft and it has been an absolute performer. I've been wanting a SIM for awhile and when I saw that the CB was an option with no upcharge, I thought it would work just fine since I've been getting along with the standard for some time now.

So Saturday, I get to the course and start getting warmed up. Wedges, irons and driver just to make sure that I'm swinging well before I start. Now before I get to my numbers below I want to explain why I only used six swings for each driver for my data. I began the test and had a very poor mishit and went to go remove that drive from my data. I realized the setting our course has our sims set to doesn't allow data to be removed because we sign in as guests when we get there. Only the head pro has an actual login, and you need to be logged in to be able to remove shots from your practice session. Seeing as I was unable to remove shots, I had to swing until I had enough shots to have decent data while not pushing too much and risking a mishit. I'm obviously not a pro so mishits happen regularly and I didn't want to ruin the data. I was able to get six solid shots in a row for each driver and those are the numbers below.

MAVRIK - RIPTIDE 60g 6.0
Clubhead speed average - 98MPH
View attachment 8931937

SIM - RIPTIDE CB 60g 6.0
Clubhead speed average 103mph
View attachment 8931938

Not being able to remove outlier shots really handicapped my testing and for that I apologize. My dispersion numbers were affected by this (see my bad shot with the SIM going 95 feet right). So take what you see with a grain of salt. What I can tell you without numbers though is about the feel of the shafts. Everything everyone has said in this thread about the standard Riptide is right on the money. The best part about it is how stable it feels through the swing and how under control it feels without feeling whippy or like a board. It strikes a perfect balance to me and I for one wouldn't hesitate about putting the Riptide in to any club in the future. It really does feel that good.

Saying that though, it's not the winner for me anymore. The CB version of it is hands down my favorite shaft I've ever swung. It's hard to describe but you really can feel difference in the shafts just by holding them side by side. It's not a ton but I could honestly feel the weight in the grip end and how "light" it made the head feel. My swing speed isn't high enough for the inertia generator fin on the SIM to matter that much. My 5 mph of swing speed increase between clubs absolutely had to do with the shaft and how I really felt able to go after swings while keeping it under control.

These shafts obviously won't fit the profile of everyone. They are mid-mid on launch and spin and if that's not what you're needing in a shaft, these might not be your best option. But if those are the profiles you get along with, I can't recommend either of these shafts more. They are both absolute beasts and I'm so happy I've been able to find them. I hope my long winded post helps some of you thinking about getting either of these shafts (y)
cool. i am eagerly awaiting arrival of a Riptide CB 60R 5.5 shaft for my SIM. 90+ mph driver swing speed here, smooth tempo. will be replacing a Ventus Blue 6R stock shaft on club originally--a good shaft but want 5+ more yards, and equal to better dispersion. encouraged by your thoughts here...and love to hear any relative comments on my impending switch, if experienced with both of these shafts. cheers.

The 70g 6.0 feels pretty darn good in my 4W. Planned on swapping it out when I bought it stock, but plans have changed. Really good stock option when I went with the “heavier” version than I usually do.

The 70g 6.0 feels pretty darn good in my 4W. Planned on swapping it out when I bought it stock, but plans have changed. Really good stock option when I went with the “heavier” version than I usually do.
CRIMINALLY underrated.

In part because of this thread I bought a Riptide CB 60g shaft for my F9. I bought it from a popular online auction site. When I got it yesterday, I kind of questioned the authenticity of the shaft. The graphics seem to be almost like painted or on top of the he finish, not a part of the finish.. Does that make sense? I have played exclusively Fuji shafts in my driver forever so this is my first Project X and I am unfamiliar with their shafts.

In part because of this thread I bought a Riptide CB 60g shaft for my F9. I bought it from a popular online auction site. When I got it yesterday, I kind of questioned the authenticity of the shaft. The graphics seem to be almost like painted or on top of the he finish, not a part of the finish.. Does that make sense? I have played exclusively Fuji shafts in my driver forever so this is my first Project X and I am unfamiliar with their shafts.
Post some pics maybe?

I highly doubt it’s a fake, plus, the way that the base paint is applied and given that ripple is a proprietary thing for PX.

Post up a pic.

Post some pics maybe?

I highly doubt it’s a fake, plus, the way that the base paint is applied and given that ripple is a proprietary thing for PX.
Proprietary in the sense they're the only ones who do it in a golf shaft. People with a keen eye and a sense about how these things are done know what makes the finish, and it could easily be faked. Though I agree with you, I find it hard to believe it would be a knock off.

Proprietary in the sense they're the only ones who do it in a golf shaft. People with a keen eye and a sense about how these things are done know what makes the finish, and it could easily be faked. Though I agree with you, I find it hard to believe it would be a knock off.
We aren’t talking about 500+ dollar driver shafts though, it’s a design that’s a stock or no up charge option in a LOT of clubs, not likely to have that effort put into counterfeiting.

Post some pics maybe?

Will do once I get home. I don'tthink it is a fake, but the way the 'even flow' and 'riptide' graphics are on the shaft just kinda gave me an off feeling.. The shaft itself though, haven't hit a ball with it, but after some backyard swings I already feel very confident with it

We aren’t talking about 500+ dollar driver shafts though, it’s a design that’s a stock or no up charge option in a LOT of clubs, not likely to have that effort put into counterfeiting.
That's exactly why I can't imagine it's been faked.

@Tenputt you still have this one?

Not the custom, but the tester?
I am sure it is sitting in my garage with my myriad of other shafts. It is a simple black shaft, though. It wasn’t finished, I presume so what it was would not be revealed until we went to San Diego.

I am sure it is sitting in my garage with my myriad of other shafts. It is a simple black shaft, though. It wasn’t finished, I presume so what it was would not be revealed until we went to San Diego.

maybe bring to vegas please sir?

Real. There’s nothing there that sticks out, imo, looks like my other three Riptides :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the confirmation! I seriously can't wait to swing this beast. I was playing the OEM Atmos TS and just didn't get along with it.

Looks valid...being Blue should Be the CB Riptide. Get ready to enjoy.... Like to hear how she performs, mine arriving any day.
Went with the CB after I found out that one of my prior gamers (Fuji Fuel) was slightly CB. I play my best with a good smooth steady tempo so I'm hoping this will pair well with my swing.

Went with the CB after I found out that one of my prior gamers (Fuji Fuel) was slightly CB. I play my best with a good smooth steady tempo so I'm hoping this will pair well with my swing.
This is why the CB is still on my ponder list..

View attachment 8966096View attachment 8966097View attachment 8966098

Kind of hard to get my phone to focus on the back ofthe shaft

I know Jman already confirmed, but I also just wanted to throw out there since I have my CB right next to me, it looks exactly the same. You're going to love that thing!

This is why the CB is still on my ponder list..
Ohhhhh give it a try! I can't recommend it enough! If you get along with CB shafts, you'll love this one!

I know Jman already confirmed, but I also just wanted to throw out there since I have my CB right next to me, it looks exactly the same. You're going to love that thing!

Ohhhhh give it a try! I can't recommend it enough! If you get along with CB shafts, you'll love this one!
CB had worked really well with me in the past so that's why I'm intrigued. I was trying out the Mavrik driver from the fitting cart and they only had Riptide in regular flex and not the CB version..

CB had worked really well with me in the past so that's why I'm intrigued. I was trying out the Mavrik driver from the fitting cart and they only had Riptide in regular flex and not the CB version..
Yeah I had to buy the CB blind since the only one I was ever able to try was the standard one. It was the right choice lol

Back