Project X Even Flow Riptide Shaft

seriously guys. I can't believe how unique this shaft is. I have a very harsh an quick transition, swing speed around 100mph(slow for the avg. internet golfer:)). On paper, this shouldn't be the right shaft for me and yet the Riptide manages to fully keep up during transition while still feeling powerful at impact. I'm a high spin player because of poor technique(adding lots of loft, path negative, AOA about level). Riptide 6.0 std + Mavrick Sub Zero 10.5° is the first shaft/driver combo!!! that keeps my ballflight on the planet.

My driver was basically non functional before. 5000rpm+ and unmanageable. As a result, I've always stayed away from the big stick:D
I'm still spinning it 2500-3200rpm with this combo but I'm timing this shaft so well which allows me to split fairways (first time ever, no joke)!
I've also tried Diamana blue,whiteboard,Tour AD DI, DJ, Hzrdus Yellow, nothing nails this stable and yet powerful feel better than a stock EF Riptide 6.0! IMO.. I'm so f****** happy right now:D

seriously guys. I can't believe how unique this shaft is. I have a very harsh an quick transiton, swing speed around 100mph(slow for the avg. internet golfer:)). On paper, this shouldn't be the right shaft for me and yet the Riptide manages to fully keep up during transition while still feeling powerful at impact. I'm a high spin player because of poor technique(adding lots of loft, path negative, AOA about level). Riptide 6.0 std + Mavrick Sub Zero 10.5° is the first shaft/driver combo!!! that keeps my ballflight on the planet.

My driver was basically non functional before. 5000rpm+ and unmanageable. As a result, I've always stayed away from the big stick:D
I'm still spinning it 2500-3200rpm with this combo but I'm timing this shaft so well which allows me to split fairways (first time ever, no joke)!
I've also tried Diamana blue,whiteboard,Tour AD DI, DJ, Hzrdus Yellow, nothing nails this stable and yet powerful feel better than a stock EF Riptide 6.0! IMO.. I'm so f****** happy right now:D
Super happy to hear that you’ve found your unicorn!! These are such underrated shafts! And they look amazing!

How did you come to trying the Riptide? Fitting or something else?

Super happy to hear that you’ve found your unicorn!! These are such underrated shafts! And they look amazing!

How did you come to trying the Riptide? Fitting or something else?
thanks man. This one will stay in the bag for a long time!

seriously guys. I can't believe how unique this shaft is. I have a very harsh an quick transition, swing speed around 100mph(slow for the avg. internet golfer:)). On paper, this shouldn't be the right shaft for me and yet the Riptide manages to fully keep up during transition while still feeling powerful at impact. I'm a high spin player because of poor technique(adding lots of loft, path negative, AOA about level). Riptide 6.0 std + Mavrick Sub Zero 10.5° is the first shaft/driver combo!!! that keeps my ballflight on the planet.

Great to hear! They are criminally underrated shafts. Glad you found it as well!

thanks man. This one will stay in the bag for a long time!
So did you get a fitting for the shaft or is it just the stock option and happens to work really well for you?

STILL one of my favorite shafts ever. Works in any head I’ve plugged it in, and the 70 6.5 is a weapon in my 5 woods.

So did you get a fitting for the shaft or is it just the stock option and happens to work really well for you?
I found the Riptide by accident to be honest. I was just hitting some shaft/head combos at the local store:D and never really thought of gaming it in the first place (due to 4+ degrees of torque). Simply shows how tech has developed over time. I mean this is a freaking 4° torque shaft that's featuring a totally stable profile! I'm gaming the stock version. Gained over 40 yards of carry vs. my previous tee club (basically a FW:)) . If you are the type of player who adds a ton of loft/spin and lives in the 100-105mph range, try the Evenflow Riptide/Mavrick Sub Zero combo!!! It's a powerful spin killer!

Last edited:
STILL one of my favorite shafts ever. Works in any head I’ve plugged it in, and the 70 6.5 is a weapon in my 5 woods.
next up:thumb: Fairway wood testing. Replacing my Tour AD DI with this one in the FWs isn't out of question anymore!

Also the EI Profile looks so different compared to anything else on the market! Can anyone chime in on that?

it's been over a month since an update. someone tell me i did good by picking up a used one.

@Jman ?

it's been over a month since an update. someone tell me i did good by picking up a used one.

@Jman ?
I’m a fan. I’ve got....too many....prepped with different tips to be the static tester shaft for me with the driver head throwdown I’m going to have.

Under talked about because it was a stock shaft, which is a damn shame.

I would do horrible things for one of the new Tour protos though. Horrible things.

I would do horrible things for one of the new Tour protos though. Horrible things.
wat tour protos

edit - lx & mx?

@Jman ?
When I inevitably trade in my Maverik for a MAX LS, my Riptide is not going with it.

Small Batch is what Hand Crafted was.

Made/rolled in Cali, small batches. Same design. Same materials. Same steps.

Non small batch are made in factory. Same design. Same materials. Same steps.

Non small batch is 1000% the same real shaft as small batch.

Sadly I don't think this is the case anymore. My last order of 6 Small Batch shafts (a few months ago) all say 'Made in China.' I'm wondering if TT did away with the regular version because I don't even see it as an option for me to purchase.

In a way, who cares? It's a great shaft regardless of geography. On the other hand, the Handcrafted Made in the USA thing was pretty cool and you could somewhat justify the higher price. I remember the original Handcrafted LZ shafts had a really cool feel to them. They weren't perfectly flat or smooth to the touch.

I hit the Mavrik driver yesterday for half an hour with the Riptide 50 gram stiff shaft. No matter how hard I went after it and even with the high right block that I see when I fail to release the club, the shaft remained very stable and kept spin under 3000. For a shaft in the 50 gram class, that is remarkable. I am truly surprised it was not offered by more OEMs in this year’s new clubs.

This is a really good shaft and would work for a lot of people.
What would be the swing speed limit for the 50 gram in your opinion?

What would be the swing speed limit for the 50 gram in your opinion?
I really could not say with certainty, because it has so much to do with transition in a particular player. If somebody had a very smooth tempo, I would think over 100 mph, but I am purely guessing.

Last edited:
After reading this thread I ordered the triple diamond with the 60 riptide 6. I haven’t swung it yet but I am going to need to get some lighter weights or cut it down a bit to get the swing weight down. Shaft does look cool in person

After reading this thread I ordered the triple diamond with the 60 riptide 6. I haven’t swung it yet but I am going to need to get some lighter weights or cut it down a bit to get the swing weight down. Shaft does look cool in person
Completely agree with you there! The paint jobs on Riptide shafts are great!

I'm circling back to this shaft and going to do some testing with a longer driver that is counter-balanced. I found a Small Batch Riptide CB in 60g, 6.5 flex for an amazing price that I will build up to play in my Cobra F9.

I'm wondering if I will be able to get a little more launch and sneak in a few more MPH club head speed.

Played one round with the riptide 6.0 in my new Callaway Epic speed triple diamond. On paper this shaft isn’t one I would normally play with my less than smooth swing but it worked very well. Feels a little soft but didn’t play that way if that makes sense? Anyway it’s off to a great start and will be in the bag for the next round

Last edited:
Had the 50 gm Stiff in my Mavrik. Kept the shaft and now have it in the Epic Max LS. Fantastic combo for me.

Decided to do something stupid. Riptide on its way. Ordered way out of normal spec and am embarrassed to even post what I ordered. If it works terribly you will never hear of it. If it goes well I will be all over this thread.

Back