Project X Even Flow Riptide Shaft

I’m excited.

0DB9CC5E-7E23-442E-A5E5-A24489165467.jpeg

3A8D2FF4-96CF-4ED5-A887-3172288BEE60.jpeg

No fancy paint job, or is it just the lighting?
Oh these aren’t the Small Batch Custom, these are none stock pieces of badassness that are in a driver and fairway vying for the bag this season :p

Oh these aren’t the Small Batch Custom, these are none stock pieces of badassness that are in a driver and fairway vying for the bag this season :p
Ahhh. Didn't realize the OEM stocks weren't getting the cool paint job that the Small Batch gets

Ahhh. Didn't realize the OEM stocks weren't getting the cool paint job that the Small Batch gets
Its the same paint job. Pic is just zoomed, in low light, and with an iphone. :p

So I spent a little more time with this shaft today and I continue to be super impressed. Feel is good. Ball flight is solid for me. Everything about it I think works well for my game.

Compared to the Smoke and Smoke Yellow, it definitely has more kick in terms of feel. It spins and launches more

To me, the Riptide is closer on the spectrum to EvenFlow Blue, but somewhat sliding over towards the Hzrdus line. It spins more and kicks more than Hzrdus, but has a more stable feeling than EvenFlow. It would be like if EvenFlow blue and Smoke had a baby and the baby had 20% of the characteristics of Hzrdus, but the rest EvenFlow.

Think this would work well in a 7w?

So I spent a little more time with this shaft today and I continue to be super impressed. Feel is good. Ball flight is solid for me. Everything about it I think works well for my game.
I want it in everything. I want the hybrid shaft now too.

How much weight is redistributed to the butt end for the Riptide Blue?

I need to spend a little more time with it. I liked it a lot at my fitting at ECPC, but it's been somewhat of a struggle since getting it home. Swapping in a few other more familiar options has given me much more consistent contact. I like the smooth feel, just finding the contact to be all over the face with this one.

I need to spend a little more time with it. I liked it a lot at my fitting at ECPC, but it's been somewhat of a struggle since getting it home. Swapping in a few other more familiar options has given me much more consistent contact. I like the smooth feel, just finding the contact to be all over the face with this one.
IME, the more aggressive you are, the more the shaft hones in. But, that’s 100 percent just me.

IME, the more aggressive you are, the more the shaft hones in. But, that’s 100 percent just me.

aggressive I am not lol

@Jman, how did you change the profile of your custom shaft from the Riptide standard?

Back