OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
20210114_230807.jpg

20210114_233758.jpg

Got to play around with this new offering again today and wanted to see if anyone else has seen/hit them or is excited to. Last time I did True Temper didn't have to info up yet, but they do now so I assume this is okay.

I'm pretty dialed in with my personal setup right now, and kind of picky about profile compared to some, but the Mid 60 6.0 seemed pretty playable and I can think of a good amount of people I know it might fit.

The Low 70 6.5 suited me a little better, but isn't my optimal style or weight. I could probably get used to it in a 60 with more time, or a little shorter 70 depending on how it would affect the counter balance, and might order it in the Epic I pick out just to give it a go.

Anyone else getting their hands on them? Kind of holding off on feels and numbers on this stuff for me until the articles/releases but they have to be showing up other places. I really like the fairly matte finish on the body and the color scheme looks good with the Epics.

Last edited:
I'm interested. :cool:

It has me pondering something I don't normally ponder.
I'm reviewing the Epic Speed thread where this also came from. What a way to start 2021

I don't understand where it fits, seeing as the Blue doesn't seem radically different on paper.

Wow, just all kinds of new releases from True Temper / Project X! Love it!

Curious to see how this compares to the RDX line.

Looking at this shaft in a new Epic. Does Callaway offer both the mid and low version as options? Looking at the website is inconclusive.

Last edited:
i knew i had one, but i had to grab it right here on my utility club because I don't know much about it, but i have the 80 gram low spinning. I'm not sure what that means but it does what i need it to. I didn't get much choice or make much choice about it when I bought this club. 2.5m 6.0. i know not what this means, but that i was hitting it real well so i bought it.

Looking at this shaft in a new Epic. Does Callaway offer both the mid and low version as options? Looking at the website is inconclusive.
I have no idea what they're doing, and I edited some posts from this time to not cause problems. Doesn't seem like the low is really out there.

I have no idea what they're doing, and I edited some posts from this time to not cause problems. Doesn't seem like the low is really out there.
Looking at Callaway's website the weights look like the Mid launch option.

Its really good. I was told its up there with those premium shafts though you can buy it stock.

Its really good. I was told its up there with those premium shafts though you can buy it stock.
All Project X shafts are real deal - none are 'made for' so I'd expect nothing less!

like @Tywithay i'm also confused about this one relative to the rdx blue. the info on px's site makes the two sound very similar.

i hit the im10 50 6.0 yesterday with the epic max ls and epic max. i found the shaft to be very smooth and stable. kind of a goldilocks porridge type offering. it was just the right amount of everything i would want. i would NEVER pick that weight class for myself, but it didn't feel light at all. i didn't feel like i had to work hard to load it, but it didn't feel loose either; just right down the middle. it actually reminded me a lot of the few swings i took with px evenflow green in the epic flash release.

i think i'm going to order an epic max with the stock im10 50 6.0. i mean, it worked great in the handful of swings i took with it. like, REALLY great. my ego/internet golfer brain is fighting that choice, but the results should win, right? right???

Okay everybody put on your tin foil hats and and hear me out. Oems have taken a lot of grief over made for shafts lately. None of them want the negative stigma but do want the profit margins they provide. What if this is a made for shaft that they are trying to pass off as a premium offering? The mid version is listed on the Golfworks for $300 bucks but the low version is not available anywhere I have found as a stock or aftermarket offering. This is all conjecture on my part with absolutely no proof so take it with a grain of salt. My angle is trying to decide on this shaft as a no charge option or ponying up for the RDX blue. I am putting on my fire retardant suit so flame on lol.

like @Tywithay i'm also confused about this one relative to the rdx blue. the info on px's site makes the two sound very similar.

i hit the im10 50 6.0 yesterday with the epic max ls and epic max. i found the shaft to be very smooth and stable. kind of a goldilocks porridge type offering. it was just the right amount of everything i would want. i would NEVER pick that weight class for myself, but it didn't feel light at all. i didn't feel like i had to work hard to load it, but it didn't feel loose either; just right down the middle. it actually reminded me a lot of the few swings i took with px evenflow green in the epic flash release.

i think i'm going to order an epic max with the stock im10 50 6.0. i mean, it worked great in the handful of swings i took with it. like, REALLY great. my ego/internet golfer brain is fighting that choice, but the results should win, right? right???
Love reading this feedback on the iM10, and your comments comparing it to the PX EF Green confirm what DNevs told me -- he said I'd like the iM10 after I told him I like the EF Green. I blind ordered Speed with iM10 50 6.0 and am crossing my fingers it works for me.

and to answer your question... RIGHT!!! ;)

Okay everybody put on your tin foil hats and and hear me out. Oems have taken a lot of grief over made for shafts lately. None of them want the negative stigma but do want the profit margins they provide. What if this is a made for shaft that they are trying to pass off as a premium offering? The mid version is listed on the Golfworks for $300 bucks but the low version is not available anywhere I have found as a stock or aftermarket offering. This is all conjecture on my part with absolutely no proof so take it with a grain of salt. My angle is trying to decide on this shaft as a no charge option or ponying up for the RDX blue. I am putting on my fire retardant suit so flame on lol.

i don’t see this working for you. i would think rdx blue makes a lot more sense.

In my fitting this past week with the Cobra LTDX LS I tried both the RDX Blue Stiff and the iM10 6.0 60g.

Here are my thoughts about each:

Started with the LTDX LS 10.5 head and the RDX Blue shaft.

Club head speed varied between 102 & 104 MPH.

The RDX Blue is heavily counterbalanced and the swingweight with the stock head weights was C8. Coming from a Ping G410 LST with swingweight of D8. Couldn’t feel the head and was erratic.

Changed the driver weights. Put a 14g in the heel and a 6g in the toe. Improved the swingweight some.

The RDX Blue shaft felt kind of loose in the middle to me. So I was surprised that it also gave me the lowest launch and shortest carry distance. Dispersion was not good either. Just wasn’t a good fit for me.

Switched to the 9.0 head to change start line and lower spin. Some improvement with the RDX Blue, about equal to my current setup with the Ping.

Switched to the iM10 6.0 and everything got better. Changed hosel to the +1 setting and better yet. Carry distance improved, best ball speed and longest total distance with very tight center of the fairway dispersion. Not too loose and not too stiff, relatively smooth feel but still very stable. The Goldilocks shaft for me.

Also tried the Mitsubishi Tensei Raw AV White stiff 65g and it was more stable than either the RDX Blue or the iM 10. Probably a little smoother and not as stiff as the Smoke Black.

The Tensei White gave me the highest swing speed, longest carry, slightly higher spin, 2nd longest total distance. Not as efficient as the iM10 but I felt like I could swing it as hard as I wanted and never worry about it getting away from me. 2nd best dispersion. Slight fade bias for me in driver, but not in the fairway wood. The Tensei gave me the best results with fairway wood in the 75g stiff shaft.

Back