Project X Introduces New Project X 95 Flighted Shaft

I dont understand the idea of a lighter shaft and flighted.

Lighter shaft for increased SS and then flighted shaft for a lower flight with shorter irons and higher flight for longer irons.

Maintain the characteristics of the flighted shaft while the lighter shaft gives increased SS along with less tiring (common reason that was cited in the Tour 90's testing thread).

At least this is how I think of it and why it intrigues me.

Me either.

There's a reason most pros use heavy shafts in all there clubs

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk
well, I know these are geared for the amateur so I understand the ligher shafts.
Lighter shaft for increased SS and then flighted shaft for a lower flight with shorter irons and higher flight for longer irons.

Maintain the characteristics of the flighted shaft while the lighter shaft gives increased SS along with less tiring (common reason that was cited in the Tour 90's testing thread).

At least this is how I think of it and why it intrigues me.
Isnt a lighter shaft going to increase ball height?

Isnt a lighter shaft going to increase ball height?

I think that's a common occurrence but I also think that is where the flighted aspect of these will really help. Best of both worlds possibly?

I am interested in these. As stated before, I like heavier shafts, but can get tired at the end of rounds because of the crazy weights behind them.

I think that's a common occurrence but I also think that is where the flighted aspect of these will really help. Best of both worlds possibly?
possibly...

It could be a good thing and I am all for a lighter shaft. Just a bit confused on the flighted as well.

possibly...

It could be a good thing and I am all for a lighter shaft. Just a bit confused on the flighted as well.

Understand. I highly doubt they just took the standard flighted shaft and knocked it down 20 or 30 grams. I would think they also made changes to the flighted characteristics to account for the lighter weight which could increase trajectory.

Give me the same flight throughout my set currently in a lighter version and I think they are onto something. Definitely willing to try them out!

I don't think I have ever hit a "flighted" shaft before but the concept is interesting. I'm not sure I would like a iron shaft this light though.

I really enjoyed the previous Project Flighted in testings and hope this is available soon in fittings.

Understand. I highly doubt they just took the standard flighted shaft and knocked it down 20 or 30 grams. I would think they also made changes to the flighted characteristics to account for the lighter weight which could increase trajectory.

Give me the same flight throughout my set currently in a lighter version and I think they are onto something. Definitely willing to try them out!
I agree with this.

All of my points are not to "knock" the product. I am just curious

Hmmm, PX's haven't been the kindest shafts to me but I've wondered when they would finally delve into the 90ish gram iron shaft range with a specific line. Definitely interested to find out more.

I wonder if they'll step down in flex like the Tour 90 does from the Tours.

I agree with this.

All of my points are not to "knock" the product. I am just curious
Dude, we all know you aren't knocking it! I like your curious thoughts, it makes me think more about things as well.

I wonder if they'll step down in flex like the Tour 90 does from the Tours.
I didn't think about this. VERY good point/question Hawk.

I have to say that they'd need to really feel good to get me away from what I've been playing. I tried going to PX before and ended up not liking them much.

Hmmm, PX's haven't been the kindest shafts to me but I've wondered when they would finally delve into the 90ish gram iron shaft range with a specific line. Definitely interested to find out more.
I used to think the same thing about PX til I went with flighted. Game changer.

Dude, we all know you aren't knocking it! I like your curious thoughts, it makes me think more about things as well.

I still am interested to get some kind of answer on that

I still am interested to get some kind of answer on that
Its a good question, the COMBO of light and flighted confuses me a bit as well, in my head it goes against the purpose of using flighted shafts. I'd sure as heck love to hear more about them to maybe change my thoughts though.

Yep, I am interested in these. From what I have read, it seems these share a lot of similarities with the shafts I am currently playing, KBS Tour 90s.

just for that reason alone i am very interested in these. i love the tour 90s but glad to see other similar options become available

Okay let me get this right. Lighter shafts swing speed increase, flighted higher ball flight, less fatigue? This spells a recipe for less control?

Heavier slower swing speed, lower ball flight, more control? Why wouldn't the heavier shaft be marketed toward amateurs?

Okay let me get this right. Lighter shafts swing speed increase, flighted higher ball flight, less fatigue? This spells a recipe for less control?

Heavier slower swing speed, lower ball flight, more control? Why wouldn't the heavier shaft be marketed toward amateurs?

I don't know about you but I'd like a higher ball flight and more SS. Those sound like they'd give longer, softer landing shots. And I don't think heavier shafts automatically mean more control.

Why does that equal less control? I think fitting comes into the equation there more than generalization.

As for high ball flight - the flghted shafts are really designed to help increase launch in the longer irons. The mid irons are basically unchanged and the low irons are designed to lower ball flight.

In my experience, I have MORE control with the lighter steel shafts. It's just a question of my being better able to manipulate the club, so I get less fatigued and I get more consistent ball strikes.

I would certainly argue that less weight has equated to less control for my game in iron shafts, personally. I don't think that's reflected in the woods or driver though, as I swing quite a bit more aggressively. For my irons, I like a nice smooth tempo all the way through.

It'll be interesting to see and feel these in action. PX isn't known for having a very nice feel (harsh) so it'll be interesting to see if that has changed.

I was just inquiring how everyone felt about lighter is better. Yet tour players don't embrace this philosophy

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

I was just inquiring how everyone felt about lighter is better. Yet tour players don't embrace this philosophy

some have. But you are right. Most tour players use heavy shafts. However most also use equipment that majority of the amateurs out there could not. They play a different game.

Back