Project X io shaft choice

bcippola

Reaction score
Handicap
Went to the Superstore and hit some Mizuno Pro 225 irons with project x I/0 5.5 and 6.0 and loved them. Currently play Ping G425 (I know completely different type of club) with Alta Graphite stiff due to a shoulder injury that is much better now. Trying to decide between io 5.5 or 6.0. I am 53 years old (12hcp) with a medium fast transition. 6 iron swing speed avg of 84 and stock 6 iron about 165-170 yards if that helps. Just a club ho always looking to change stuff :)

Thanks in advance

Well you hit them both. Which was more consistent for you? Straighter? Longer? Gave you more confidence? What did you see?

Well you hit them both. Which was more consistent for you? Straighter? Longer? Gave you more confidence? What did you see?
For the 12 shots I hit with each I could not tell. Slightly more spin in 5.5 At my age and old martial arts injuries I am leaning towards 5.5 for a lil softer flex. I know everyone's swing is different but wondering if anyone in same transition and swing speed felt one of the 2 flexes was better. Thanks

For the 12 shots I hit with each I could not tell. Slightly more spin in 5.5 At my age and old martial arts injuries I am leaning towards 5.5 for a lil softer flex. I know everyone's swing is different but wondering if anyone in same transition and swing speed felt one of the 2 flexes was better. Thanks
If you can manage them basically the same the lighter choice is usually the easier option in the end. Imo.

Back