Project X RDX shaft

It really is. Have you got it into play yet?
no not just yet. It got delivered just a few hours ago. About to put a new grip on it (bought it used). But we’ve been getting some frost delays. Hopefully I get to take it out on Thursday!

I think I love this more than I did the pvd hzrdus green. And that’s saying a lot. Beautiful.
It really is a beautiful shaft. The PVD looks amazing in person.

no not just yet. It got delivered just a few hours ago. About to put a new grip on it (bought it used). But we’ve been getting some frost delays. Hopefully I get to take it out on Thursday!

The PVD shafts are by far the most stunning visually of any golf shaft I have ever seen.

70tx from what I can make out? Very interestedin your thoughts on this one. Exactly what I’m eyeing down.

I can only imagine how good the blue looks - the green was stunning!

70tx from what I can make out? Very interestedin your thoughts on this one. Exactly what I’m eyeing down.
Yep! 70tx, 0.5” tip. Will play 45.25 in my SIM

I can only imagine how good the blue looks - the green was stunning!
I think both are stunning. PX doing every bit of the visuals right!

Wanted to play one in my epic but only PVD upcharge is available for Callaway

I don’t see the problem. The PVD is the right choice after all. Haha.

Not the PVD version, but the RDX Blue is $72 on Ping and $0!!!!!! on Cobra if you're getting a new driver.

@Tenputt any thoughts between the EV t1100 white and the RDX Black? I think I've narrowed it down and may wait to see what else might pop up between now and early summer. Can't really go full speed yet so there is time for me.
I haven't used an RDX Black, but it appears to be the same profile as a Smoke Black which I have used. I have used an Evenflow White for 2 years now in my driver. The Evenflow white is stiff at the tip, stiff in the middle and has some flex at the butt. You can feel it load close to your hands. The HZRDUS black is stiff throughout and super stiff in the middle. I cannot feel a HZRDUS black load. They just feel really stiff and make you want to swing hard. If you want stability and some feel the Evenflow White is good if you want super stability and very little feel than the HZRDUS Black is your go to. I would say how fast your transition is will determine which you like better. Faster and aggressive go with the HZRDUS, smoother then go with the Evenflow.

I haven't used an RDX Black, but it appears to be the same profile as a Smoke Black which I have used. I have used an Evenflow White for 2 years now in my driver. The Evenflow white is stiff at the tip, stiff in the middle and has some flex at the butt. You can feel it load close to your hands. The HZRDUS black is stiff throughout and super stiff in the middle. I cannot feel a HZRDUS black load. They just feel really stiff and make you want to swing hard. If you want stability and some feel the Evenflow White is good if you want super stability and very little feel than the HZRDUS Black is your go to. I would say how fast your transition is will determine which you like better. Faster and aggressive go with the HZRDUS, smoother then go with the Evenflow.
I've also had the Evenflow White in my driver's for a while and concur with your statements about it. Have one for Callaway and Cobra and it works great in both.

My curiosity between the Black and the Blue is that middle section the Blue. I believe they both are Butt/tip stiff with the Blue having a touch more in the tip. I'm assuming to compensate for the middle section in the Blue.

Leaning Black, but Blue keeps raising it's hand. My transition is smooth on the take-a-way and begining of the down, but that's where all that goes out the window. Aggressive takes over all the way through the ball. It's at this point the white can get behind when I'm reaching for more.

Maybe it's time to try something new. My vaulting days are telling me Blue. Just leary of transition and delivery of the head.

Thanks for your input! Much appreciated.

I've also had the Evenflow White in my driver's for a while and concur with your statements about it. Have one for Callaway and Cobra and it works great in both.

My curiosity between the Black and the Blue is that middle section the Blue. I believe they both are Butt/tip stiff with the Blue having a touch more in the tip. I'm assuming to compensate for the middle section in the Blue.

Leaning Black, but Blue keeps raising it's hand. My transition is smooth on the take-a-way and begining of the down, but that's where all that goes out the window. Aggressive takes over all the way through the ball. It's at this point the white can get behind when I'm reaching for more.

Maybe it's time to try something new. My vaulting days are telling me Blue. Just leary of transition and delivery of the head.

Thanks for your input! Much appreciated.
The Blue is counterbalanced also. Based on the profile and whatnot, the blue sounds a lot like the Yellow. Does anyone know if the blue is a yellow replacement?

Reactions: J4U
The Blue is counterbalanced also.
It is, but doesn’t feel as counterbalanced as some shafts, at least to me. Having hit both the RDX Black and the RDX Blue, the Blue is definitely a little friendlier to get through the ball.

Last edited:
The Blue is counterbalanced also. Based on the profile and whatnot, the blue sounds a lot like the Yellow. Does anyone know if the blue is a yellow replacement?
It is, but doesn’t feel as counterbalanced as some shafts, at least to me. Having hit both the RDX Black and the RDX Blue, the Blue is definitely a little friendlier to get through the ball.
I forgot I've read that before about being a yellowish blue. I didn't get along with the yellow at all. Thanks fellas, getting closer to a decision.

I forgot I've read that before about being a yellowish blue. I didn't get along with the yellow at all. Thanks fellas, getting closer to a decision.
Just remember my post. The Yellow never worked great for me, either, but the Blue has been wonderful.

Also, let me add that to me, the Smoke Black was definitely friendlier to swing than the original Black. The RDX Smoke Black swings back slightly towards the original Black, imo.

Reactions: J4U
Also, let me add that to me, the Smoke Black was definitely friendlier to swing than the original Black. The RDX Smoke Black swings back slightly towards the original Black, imo.
I think I hit a Smoke shaft in the Cobra F9 at the time and I didn't think I liked the shaft, but during a subsequent driver fitting I hit the F9 with multiple shafts and still didn't like it, so maybe it was the head that was the issue with that

At the rate things are going over here, by the time we are allowed back out I might be able to grab the RDX Blue for a steal as it could be due to be replaced by something else.... :ROFLMAO:

I'll take Banner on the takeaway and transition, but give me Hulk the rest of the way! So much to to think about. Appreciated!

Not the PVD version, but the RDX Blue is $72 on Ping and $0!!!!!! on Cobra if you're getting a new driver.

0$ on taylormade as well, assuming its the real deal

A lot of rain this morning so no early round. Got to hit at the range though.
Initial thought - this shaft is easier to load than the Ventus. It also completely changed the pitch of my SIM. It’s a higher pitched sound now.

646C084B-21C2-4454-8DE5-0234C47DA7D9.jpeg

A lot of rain this morning so no early round. Got to hit at the range though.
Initial thought - this shaft is easier to load than the Ventus. It also completely changed the pitch of my SIM. It’s a higher pitched sound now.

View attachment 8990785

Appreciate sharing. I don’t have near the swing speed as you but trying to decide if I take the plunge should I go with the Ventus Blue or the RDX Blue Smoke. Bit extra coin for the Ventus but is it worth it in your opinion? I am intrigued by the comment easier to load...please elaborate.

@Tenputt don’t be afraid to add your thoughts knowing you have played both.

Appreciate sharing. I don’t have near the swing speed as you but trying to decide if I take the plunge should I go with the Ventus Blue or the RDX Blue Smoke. Bit extra coin for the Ventus but is it worth it in your opinion? I am intrigued by the comment easier to load...please elaborate.

@Tenputt don’t be afraid to add your thoughts knowing you have played both.

I don't have a launch monitor so can't give you numbers. Solely based on ball flight, trajectory, and feel.

I was comparing it to the Ventus Black I was gaming. The RDX Blue has a softer midsection in comparison. You can really feel the shaft load and release. Ventus Black has feel but not as much as the RDX Blue. Unfortunately I cannot compare to the Ventus blue as I don't have one at the moment.

Launch is high. Spin looks to be low but really hard to tell on the range. The one thing that really intrigued me as I mentioned before is the pitch. The sound of my driver is a much higher tone now. With the Ventus, it was a low thwack. But with the the RDX blue, it was a high pitched crack. I was finding the center of the face way more consistently than the Ventus.

Rain rain go away. Hopefully I get a good round in next week. Overall, I'm extremely impressed. I love the feel.

I don't have a launch monitor so can't give you numbers. Solely based on ball flight, trajectory, and feel.

I was comparing it to the Ventus Black I was gaming. The RDX Blue has a softer midsection in comparison. You can really feel the shaft load and release. Ventus Black has feel but not as much as the RDX Blue. Unfortunately I cannot compare to the Ventus blue as I don't have one at the moment.

Launch is high. Spin looks to be low but really hard to tell on the range. The one thing that really intrigued me as I mentioned before is the pitch. The sound of my driver is a much higher tone now. With the Ventus, it was a low thwack. But with the the RDX blue, it was a high pitched crack. I was finding the center of the face way more consistently than the Ventus.

Rain rain go away. Hopefully I get a good round in next week. Overall, I'm extremely impressed. I love the feel.
This helps me understand your prior post better. I had forgotten that you were talking about Ventus Black, a shaft that I have never hit. I personally don’t think that the RDX Blue is any harder to load than the Ventus Blue. The Ventus Blue is a pretty friendly shaft, imo.

Last edited:
This helps me understand your prior post better. I had forgotten that you were talking about Ventus Black, a shaft that I have never hit. I personally don’t think that the RDX Blue is any harder to load than the Ventus Blue. The Ventus Blue is a pretty friendly shaft, imo.
I just corrected that post. Ventus Blue is as easy to load, imo as RDX Blue.

Back