Project X RDX shaft

This one Is stuck in my miiiiiiinnnnnndddddddd

Soon..... 👀

saw the yellow teased on IG this week

EF7EC8E2-5652-412D-A63D-8573F55BBADB.jpeg

Like a whiteboard type profile? Soft butt section?
That's the Evenflow White profile though. Softer butt, stiff mid, stiff tip. I bet this is a hybrid shaft.

That's the Evenflow White profile though. Softer butt, stiff mid, stiff tip. I bet this is a hybrid shaft.
I'm pretty sure this rdx will be a full lineup of shafts. The next progression of the Smoke line. Except now I see there is a blue that looks fantastic in the US of A theme.

Really curious on these. Both the black and the blue.

I'm hoping for something in between the black and smoke. I liked the black a lot more than the smoke.

Finally got to hits this. Vast improvement over the pro x black or smoke.. don’t know anything about the profile but I enjoyed the feel. Stable and active at the same time.

091CE02A-F6A7-45DA-BEF8-53339A735FE3.jpegDE9AB3B8-B9C5-4F77-BE20-AEAD17DDDEFC.jpegDE9AB3B8-B9C5-4F77-BE20-AEAD17DDDEFC.jpeg

New Titleist

correct. Titleist is calling their no up charge shafts “featured” shafts rather than stock. I think it is pretty smart. Seems many are really starting to move as far away from anything that could be considered “made for”.

correct. Titleist is calling their no up charge shafts “featured” shafts rather than stock. I think it is pretty smart. Seems many are really starting to move as far away from anything that could be considered “made for”.
Totally agree.

Totally agree.

great thing for consumers. Will be interesting to see if everyone follows. I think you will see ping being kind of the last hold out. Even that is not exactly “made for”..will be interesting to see what Oly brings to their table.

great thing for consumers. Will be interesting to see if everyone follows. I think you will see ping being kind of the last hold out. Even that is not exactly “made for”..will be interesting to see what Oly brings to their table.

Really good. Featured is a great term.

Though I wonder what the difference between the TX and 6.5 is for the RDX?

Isnt Ping the definition of made for? They are literally made for Ping, they just don’t use the naming convention and get a pass for it.

Isnt Ping the definition of made for? They are literally made for Ping, they just don’t use the naming convention and get a pass for it.

Yes, but it lacks the misleading aspect I think comes to mind when most think made for. At least that is my thinking. No one is mistaking the Alta shaft for some high end aftermarket shaft. For that reason I view it as slightly different. No bait and switch..

I agree with you on the rest.

I think that's why they get the pass. Ping doesn't try to pass it as something else. It's instead their own product.

I think I kind of dig what PX has going on here. I was a huge HZRDUS fan. I wasn't sure if I loved the Smoke as much, but it fit me well. This one seems like a nice evolution.

Some great info on this shaft.. .

I really am liking the profile of this one. Softer butt (relative), stiff mid and tip. I think it is that softer butt that has given this shaft an overall better feel than previous pro x black or smoke black shafts.

Some great info on this shaft.. .

I really am liking the profile of this one. Softer butt (relative), stiff mid and tip. I think it is that softer butt that has given this shaft an overall better feel than previous pro x black or smoke black shafts.

that's really cool info. would love to check this out.

one thing i noticed is that the true weight is a little lighter than the model number itself. i know numbers aren't really all that important but typically a 70 would have a shaft in the 70-79g range. Not always and is vendor specific so, again not super important. But makes me wonder if the new material enables the shaft to be lighter and stronger.

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 8.21.52 PM.png

that's really cool info. would love to check this out.

one thing i noticed is that the true weight is a little lighter than the model number itself. i know numbers aren't really all that important but typically a 70 would have a shaft in the 70-79g range. Not always and is vendor specific so, again not super important. But makes me wonder if the new material enables the shaft to be lighter and stronger.

View attachment 8970177

good thought. These are on the lighter side. I know I have 70 gram shafts that are closer to 80 in actual weight.

Back