Project X RDX shaft

I am another one with the Evenflow Green in 6.0, and the last time I was on a GCQuad my swing speed was just over 100mph so I have been thinking about options as I am spinning the Evenflow Green too much now and losing distance (swing speed was probably around 7-8mph slower when I originally got it a few years ago)

Sounds like the RDX Blue (or maybe Ventus Blue) could be worth looking at once I am able to get out and swing a club again?

Your swing speed and mine are similar. I think both of those shafts would be very good candidates.

Your swing speed and mine are similar. I think both of those shafts would be very good candidates.
Just need things to open back up over here.....

You can get quite the deal on this shaft if you're buying a new driver. The blue RDX has me very interested after hearing about it here and in the THP showcase yesterday.

Saw a nice video on TXG YouTube comparing RDX Blue with the Ventus Blue and Diamana TB. RDX Blue numbers looked awesome.
Would love to see this happen. Anyone got some Blue Smoke RDX vs Ventus Blue Velacore comparisons for us? :)

Love the info and eyeing some options for this year to put against the gamer.

RDX Blue seems to be the happy medium between Smoke Green and Smoke Black in my experience. I like it as a solid effortless shaft, however, can't speak to S flex and how that responds to folks in the ~100 mph range.

@Tenputt any thoughts between the EV t1100 white and the RDX Black? I think I've narrowed it down and may wait to see what else might pop up between now and early summer. Can't really go full speed yet so there is time for me.

@Tenputt any thoughts between the EV t1100 white and the RDX Black? I think I've narrowed it down and may wait to see what else might pop up between now and early summer. Can't really go full speed yet so there is time for me.
I have virtually no experience with the EV T1100 White, so I am not much help there. Sorry.

Reactions: J4U
I have virtually no experience with the EV T1100 White, so I am not much help there. Sorry.
No worries, thought I would ask. If I get out that way this summer to see my sister, we should try and get a round in.

No worries, thought I would ask. If I get out that way this summer to see my sister, we should try and get a round in.
I would love to. Just let me know when.

Reactions: J4U

The EV white is a pretty stable shaft but lacks a bit in energy in my opinion.. It just does not seem to have much pop.

I ordered in a Blue and would agree with this assessment, but it is mostly through air swings/waggle test. I thought I would have it on a launch monitor by now, but have not been able to do it. Hopefully, it happens this week.

As far as looks, the Blue Small Batch looks great, with that same iridescent finish as the Green Small Batch, but it is not the looker that the Green is, imo. I will provide some feedback when I am able to swing it on a launch monitor and generate some numbers.

View attachment 8981282View attachment 8981283View attachment 8981284

this shaft is really gorgeous

74C91533-4363-49BA-A97A-A72C896D6BF1.jpeg

Does anyone have information on the Smoke RDX 90 shaft that would be used in a hybrid? I can only find information on the 60, 70, 80 models.

It’s perfect and the ball speeds are excellent for this 60 year old THPer.

@Tenputt so now that you’ve got a few more rounds under your belt with the RDX Smoke Blue how is it performing? Compared to your previous Ventus Blue shafts, any noticeable differences?

The EV white is a pretty stable shaft but lacks a bit in energy in my opinion.. It just does not seem to have much pop.
I laughed pretty good at this, but that's why shafts are so unique to different people.

I agree with this here. I played the EV White when it was stock in the Titleist drivers (917 I think?). Stable, didn't turn left for me. stiff tip. I wasn't too impressed with the evenflow line. Might have been just me.

Only had a limited number of swings but I think the RDX Black feels better than EV white, IMO.

@Tenputt so now that you’ve got a few more rounds under your belt with the RDX Smoke Blue how is it performing? Compared to your previous Ventus Blue shafts, any noticeable differences?
I think that they play very similar in terms of dispersion, launch and ball speed. I say that with the caveat that the Ventus Blue was in a Cobra SpeedZone head, whereas, the Smoke Blue RDX is in a Titleist Tsi3. I was never a huge fan of the Hzrdus Yellow and I am not sure why, but the Blue is as good of a shaft for me as I have ever tried. I would say the Ventus has a little more of that sensation of loading and unloading, whereas the Smoke Blue feels extremely stable to me. In my last round, I felt like I could hit a little fade with the Titleist/Smoke Blue combo or turn it over, something I usually don’t have the confidence to try with driver. Honestly, I don’t think you could go wrong with either shaft, as long as they are a good fit for your swing.

I was never a huge fan of the Hzrdus Yellow
This makes me want this shaft even more. Your feedback has been outstanding but I am excited about this statement. I was the same. Never knew why I couldn't seem to get along with it. And now you're loving this one gives me a ton to be excited about!

Why laugh?
Not laughing at you just to be clear.

It's completely opposite for me, plenty of energy and pop. Exactly why the fitting process is so important and people can't just go off what others experience. We are all unique.

Not laughing at you just to be clear.

It's completely opposite for me, plenty of energy and pop. Exactly why the fitting process is so important and people can't just go off what others experience. We are all unique.
Gotcha. I didn’t think you were laughing at me just curious what was off. Thanks!

This makes me want this shaft even more. Your feedback has been outstanding but I am excited about this statement. I was the same. Never knew why I couldn't seem to get along with it. And now you're loving this one gives me a ton to be excited about!
The only question is whether I love it because of the shaft or the Titleist head. That Titleist TSi head is really an awesome driver. I don’t know why, because it doesn’t seem to have all of the advanced tech that some others do, but wow is it a solid head.

Back