Project X RDX shaft

Loved my Smoke Black in the F9, but it felt like a broomstick. If I can get that performance with better feel :unsure:

I am a little confused. The original Hzrdus Black was very stout, definitely playing stiff to flex. The Smoke Black was supposed to be friendlier and to me, it felt like it. The Smoke Black works very well for me and it has in multiple heads, as well as fairway woods and hybrids. I have hit the Black RDX and to me, it feels more stout than the Smoke Black. This has been why I have been curious about what others thought. Maybe I just was not swinging well on the day that I tried the Black RDX. I would love to hear what others think who have played all three iterations.

I am a little confused. The original Hzrdus Black was very stout, definitely playing stiff to flex. The Smoke Black was supposed to be friendlier and to me, it felt like it. The Smoke Black works very well for me and it has in multiple heads, as well as fairway woods and hybrids. I have hit the Black RDX and to me, it feels more stout than the Smoke Black. This has been why I have been curious about what others thought. Maybe I just was not swinging well on the day that I tried the Black RDX. I would love to hear what others think who have played all three iterations.
I think you might be confusing play and feel a bit. Maybe. You thought the original 'played stiff to flex'. I feel like it could be argued it felt stiff to flex. Smoke was supposed to be 'friendlier' and 'felt like it', but it's actually stiffer and to me definitely plays like it. It feels smoother in ways, but it's a beast in result. It's literally stiffer throughout the entire shaft. To me the RDX seems slightly more active in the tip (or maybe just relative to the mid) than a smoke and 'friendlier' overall, and plays more similar to the OG than the smoke.

For me. I notice a directional dispersion/face angle and launch difference on swing #1 if I put the smoke 60 6.5 in my TSi3 in place of my same spec RDX. Feels AND plays a bit differently to me. Like kissing the wrong twin. ;)

I can absolutely be wrong about this though. My feels don't always line up with the masses.

Last edited:
Hit a few more with the Blue this morning and I am 95% sure that I will end up ordering one to test on course. I have never gotten along with the HZRDUS shafts, but this one feels very smooth and consistent.

Hit a few more with the Blue this morning and I am 95% sure that I will end up ordering one to test on course. I have never gotten along with the HZRDUS shafts, but this one feels very smooth and consistent.
I become more intrigued all the time with the Blue. I really want to swing it.

I become more intrigued all the time with the Blue. I really want to swing it.

Do it. And do it alot!!!. I think with your SS and transition, once you find the right flex it will be $$$ in your driver.

Do we know when the Blue is supposed to be available? I've been looking for info on it, but haven't had any luck other than TXG's reviews.

Do we know when the Blue is supposed to be available? I've been looking for info on it, but haven't had any luck other than TXG's reviews.

Now.

Now.

I hate you Vader. 😂. Ok, I took one for the team. Just ordered a Blue 60 6.0 for driver.

Tenputt shuffling through this thread like...

[/QUOTE]

Tenputt shuffling through this thread like...

[/QUOTE]
That PVD finish is so incredible. I loved the Small Batch Green, but, unfortunately, I am not man enough to make it work for me.

I like the feel of this line quite a bit.
Not too stout at transition and a really good ball flight for me out of the blue in limited swings. If you are looking for a low launcher this is going to be liked by a lot of golfers I have a feeling.

Not too stout at transition and a really good ball flight for me out of the blue in limited swings. If you are looking for a low launcher this is going to be liked by a lot of golfers I have a feeling.

You are talking about the blue right?

Yes. We have both here, but I was testing the blue.

I have the black and I am currently very happy with it. I was going to swap it out but, I have been hitting it so well I am not sure that I am going too now.. That PVD blue is something to look at :love::love: . I want one..

Isn't the blue supposed to be more of a mid launch? What would be the difference between that and black then looking at your launch windows? If you've had a chance to compare side by side that is.

I haven't fallen in love with an RDX yet, sadly. The OG HZRDUS Yellow was everything I needed in a shaft and I think it shifted a bit from there.

Need to spend some more time with the lineup.

Isn't the blue supposed to be more of a mid launch? What would be the difference between that and black then looking at your launch windows? If you've had a chance to compare side by side that is.

Im was sure as I try not to look until after I test the shafts for myself, but it is listed as low on their website. I have not spent a lot of time with the black, but it definitely feels a bit more stout as you begin your transition, whereas the blue feels more natural to me. Mental? Maybe, not sure as I have not studied these enough yet (diving in tomorrow more), but that is what I am getting out of it.

Im was sure as I try not to look until after I test the shafts for myself, but it is listed as low on their website. I have not spent a lot of time with the black, but it definitely feels a bit more stout as you begin your transition, whereas the blue feels more natural to me. Mental? Maybe, not sure as I have not studied these enough yet (diving in tomorrow more), but that is what I am getting out of it.

My guess is the blue will hit the sweet spot for most people and their swing temp/speeds. I will probably give both a swing at some point just to see how they feel. The blue intrigues me.

Ahhh I see my mistake. The 5.5 is a mid but the rest are low. Still, I'm loving what I'm hearing about the RDX Blue. Can't wait to see what you notice for yourself when you look at them closer!

Ahhh I see my mistake. The 5.5 is a mid but the rest are low. Still, I'm loving what I'm hearing about the RDX Blue. Can't wait to see what you notice for yourself when you look at them closer!

I have been trying it with the Cobra RADSPEED and am impressed.
Not taking a lot of driver swings with this shoulder, but it is getting better, so it wont be much longer.

Back