Project X RDX shaft

I have been trying it with the Cobra RADSPEED and am impressed.
Not taking a lot of driver swings with this shoulder, but it is getting better, so it wont be much longer.
Was really excited to see this was a stock offering for the RADSPEED. Cobra is one of the few OEMs that my golf course gets lefty stuff in so I'm excited to give it a try soon

So, I’m fairly confident that I absolutely need to get my hands on an RDX Blue USA themed 70TX. I’ve been drooling over pics. Been trying to dig for info. Then, imagining how it would look with the RAD Speed in peacoat finish. Then, I’d throw my 2016 Ryder Cup headcover on it to complete the ensemble.

I’m already going stir crazy and I’m just a couple months into my offseason.

I hit the RDX Black in a TSi3 a few weeks ago and liked it in general. The combo of RDX Blue and RADSpeed is something I am really looking forward to trying as well.

I really want to try the black 70TX.

I really want to try the black 70TX.
I don't think I want any part of the 70, but I'm on the lookout for a 60 TX to play at full length instead of my 60 6.5 at 45".

Looking forward to the release of the non-USA themed RDX Blue at end of month release according to a club fitter although I see that there are the odd one on EBay. Going to keep my eye out for maybe a good deal in the spring.

I don't think I want any part of the 70, but I'm on the lookout for a 60 TX to play at full length instead of my 60 6.5 at 45".
i’m sure you can handle it!

So, I don't know how I didn't notice this before. But, I saw the RDX Blue is a counter balanced shaft. I wonder how high the balance point is. I had mixed results with the Tensei Pro Orange. It was a launch monitor super star but I struggled with it on the course. Same with the OG Aldila Rogue shafts. Thankfully it's a stock option in the RAD Speed so I will be able to at least give it a shot before I pull the trigger.

So, I don't know how I didn't notice this before. But, I saw the RDX Blue is a counter balanced shaft. I wonder how high the balance point is. I had mixed results with the Tensei Pro Orange. It was a launch monitor super star but I struggled with it on the course. Same with the OG Aldila Rogue shafts. Thankfully it's a stock option in the RAD Speed so I will be able to at least give it a shot before I pull the trigger.

RDX BLUE is the evolution of Hzrdus Yellow and Smoke Yellow. From people that I've spoken to about it, the early feedback is solid and stable with feel but not loose that you can't feel the head during the swing.

RDX BLUE is the evolution of Hzrdus Yellow and Smoke Yellow. From people that I've spoken to about it, the early feedback is solid and stable with feel but not loose that you can't feel the head during the swing.

From what I understand it is very minimally counter balanced. To the point you almost cant even call it counter balanced. More just a higher balance point..

So, essentially, they just changed the color of the yellow to blue?

This is why I was excited until I found out what it was. Slight counterbalance, softer middle with stiffness moved towards the butt, etc. I'll hit it, and I'll do it with an open mind 'cause your never know and numbers tell the story, but I can say with very high confidence that it won't be for me.

From what I understand it is very minimally counter balanced. To the point you almost cant even call it counter balanced. More just a higher balance point..
I ordered in a Blue and would agree with this assessment, but it is mostly through air swings/waggle test. I thought I would have it on a launch monitor by now, but have not been able to do it. Hopefully, it happens this week.

As far as looks, the Blue Small Batch looks great, with that same iridescent finish as the Green Small Batch, but it is not the looker that the Green is, imo. I will provide some feedback when I am able to swing it on a launch monitor and generate some numbers.

FD144879-6517-4246-BEC7-40125B6D6BE7.jpeg9A7FFA73-8BB1-460E-9D57-98FD6D51532C.jpeg1A4A0098-B0B3-44B9-ABF7-8CB450AA25F7.jpeg

Last edited:
I ordered in a Blue and would agree with this assessment, but it is mostly through air swings/waggle test. I thought I would have it on a launch monitor by now, but have not been able to do it. Hopefully, it happens this week.

As far as looks, the Blue Small Batch looks great, with that same iridescent finish as the Green Small Batch, but it is not the looker that the Green is, imo. I will provide some feedback when I am able to swing it on a launch monitor and provide some numbers.

View attachment 8981282View attachment 8981283View attachment 8981284
Man, I don’t know. I think it looks beautiful. I owned the green for a season. It looked amazing. But, I do like blue a bit more. I think I’m going to own one of these. If it’s truly a progression of the yellow, I should be able to get along with it.

As far as looks, the Blue Small Batch looks great, with that same iridescent finish as the Green Small Batch, but it is not the looker that the Green is, imo. I will provide some feedback when I am able to swing it on a launch monitor and provide some numbers.

so good!!

As far as looks, the Blue Small Batch looks great, with that same iridescent finish as the Green Small Batch, but it is not the looker that the Green is, imo. I will provide some feedback when I am able to swing it on a launch monitor and generate some numbers.

Man that is Beautiful

@Tenputt thzt looks awesome. I am so close to pulling the trigger.... can’t wait to hear your feedback.

That looks so badass!

I think my next bonus I am going to order one.. in January for my birthday..

I think my next bonus I am going to order one.. in January for my birthday..
Apparently there may be a stimulus headed to folks... maybe such a purchase could be considered essential. Mental health, stimulate the economy and all...

I really like the blue quite a bit

I really like the blue quite a bit
Have you hit it in anything other than the RAD Speed head?

Have you hit other shafts in the RAD Speed head?

Just curious about comparisons and contrasts...

So, I got the Hzrdus Blue on TrackMan this evening. One sad realization is how quickly club speed drops off when the golf season ends. 3 weeks without really playing and I can already see a significant difference, but that is another story. My take on the Blue is that it feels like a cross between my Graphite Design Tour AD TP and the Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX. For me, that’s a great combo. It’s a fun shaft to hit. It’s not real difficult to swing and still keeps spin in a very nice range. Very tight dispersion, too.

D301A6DA-A38E-4064-ADBD-10BBA6242789.jpeg9568D306-395F-4B15-AC7F-ADAE9A69F1AE.jpegBF492E18-1DA0-45CE-B2C4-77BCEBE6E91E.jpeg3547C3C9-5A5E-4F6B-925C-AA5EAF866D07.jpeg

So, I got the Hzrdus Blue on TrackMan this evening. One sad realization is how quickly club speed drops off when the golf season ends. 3 weeks without really playing and I can already see a significant difference, but that is another story. My take on the Blue is that it feels like a cross between my Graphite Design Tour AD TP and the Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX. For me, that’s a great combo. It’s a fun shaft to hit. It’s not real difficult to swing and still keeps spin in a very nice range. Very tight dispersion, too.

View attachment 8982102View attachment 8982103View attachment 8982104View attachment 8982105
I LOVE seeing that launch with that spin. Gives me hope this shaft could be a winner for me. I'm sure your AoA has something to do with that looking at the numbers but this is awesome to see! Thanks for getting those numbers up sir!

I VERY much want to try the RDX Blue in my 3 wood. Has to be that PVD finish.

Back