Project X RDX shaft

So, I got the Hzrdus Blue on TrackMan this evening. One sad realization is how quickly club speed drops off when the golf season ends. 3 weeks without really playing and I can already see a significant difference, but that is another story. My take on the Blue is that it feels like a cross between my Graphite Design Tour AD TP and the Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX. For me, that’s a great combo. It’s a fun shaft to hit. It’s not real difficult to swing and still keeps spin in a very nice range. Very tight dispersion, too.

View attachment 8982102View attachment 8982103View attachment 8982104View attachment 8982105

Very solid ball flight and numbers. Awesome..

I LOVE seeing that launch with that spin. Gives me hope this shaft could be a winner for me. I'm sure your AoA has something to do with that looking at the numbers but this is awesome to see! Thanks for getting those numbers up sir!
Yeah, my AoA with driver stays right in that 5 range. It lets me get pretty much all I can out of my modest swing speed.

@Tenputt where did you source the PVD version from?

@Tenputt where did you source the PVD version from?
I’d tell you, but then I’d have to silence you. Ha ha, JK. JDsclubs.com. Service was prompt and it is the only place I could find that had the Blue Small Batch. It’s still a bit early. I would highly recommend him.

I’d tell you, but then I’d have to silence you. Ha ha, JK. JDsclubs.com. Service was prompt and it is the only place I could find that had the Blue Small Batch. It’s still a bit early. I would highly recommend him.
Haha! Thanks! I did some searching online tonight and am having a tough time finding them up in Canada just yet.

Haha! Thanks! I did some searching online tonight and am having a tough time finding them up in Canada just yet.
You’re in the deep freeze by now, aren’t you?

Yeah, my AoA with driver stays right in that 5 range. It lets me get pretty much all I can out of my modest swing speed.
Modest swing speed my ___! I’d take those numbers without hesitation

You’re in the deep freeze by now, aren’t you?
Very much so. Next two months are the coldest of the year for us... So time to start summertime thoughts and what better way than to look at golf shafts for next year!

Actually, the ice roads just opened up this week too.

That’s true but you make it seem so easy
I was just thinking the same about you when you said you would take those numbers. Man, I was pretty intent on coming out there between Christmas and New Year, but now the Cali COVID numbers are blowing up to the point that I don’t know what to do. I’ll reach out privately. If I come out, you’ll have to swing this club. It’s pretty sweet.

It is interesting to me that according to their graph, the butt of the Blue is actually more stiff than the black. Yet they say aggressive loaders are suggested to use the black.

I also find that aggressive dip in the Blue's mid section to be a pretty dramatic bump off the general slope line.

It is interesting to me that according to their graph, the butt of the Blue is actually more stiff than the black. Yet they say aggressive loaders are suggested to use the black.

I also find that aggressive dip in the Blue's mid section to be a pretty dramatic bump off the general slope line.
As I understand it, that softer mid section makes it much more manageable for a wider spectrum of golfers. I can feel it load more than the Black.

Last edited:
Great comparison video. I definitely want to try the Smoke Blue RDX in my fairway now.

As I understand it, that softer mid section makes it much more manageable for a wider spectrum of golfers. I can feel it loaf more than the Black.

No doubt, just graphically represented, it seems to make a pretty dramatic dip off and back on trend. I wouldn't have expected that. I would have expected something a bit more subtle down and back up. Not saying that is bad in any way, just interesting when next to the more linear black profile.

So from that video, RDX Blue is the new smoke yellow.

Nice swinging @Tenputt ! That blue finish is sexy I appreciate your updates (y)

Awesome numbers @Tenputt , good carry and roll-out, I’d take those 7 days a week. I was just conversing with @DB TT on this shaft. I really hope it comes as an option on the ‘21 Epic Speed lineup 🤞.

Awesome numbers @Tenputt , good carry and roll-out, I’d take those 7 days a week. I was just conversing with @DB TT on this shaft. I really hope it comes as an option on the ‘21 Epic Speed lineup 🤞.
You were talking with the man and he did not tell you? JK

I’m starting to like the Black version more and more. While I like the smoother feel of the Blue, I did get a Black from a buddy and got a few swings in with it today and was very pleased with the launch and spin. Definitely going to give it some more time next week.

Back