proper backswing pivot

I like it because it has the feeling of the right hip turning low behind and the left hip turning high. In transition the left turns low and the right lifts . This is key for a rotational pivot.

This, this right here is the source of all my problems, swaying rather than turning - is so frustrating trying to ingrain it, every single shot needs to be thought about. We have a long winter ahead though, plenty of range balls to hit :LOL:

My biggest problem for sure.

I've been working on this for several years and am improving but Saturday found when I feel I need a long ball with my 5i or 3h I must loose my spine angle. I don't know what causes what but when I reverse pivot the right hand takes over at the top of the swing. I will have to practice indoors today. I wonder if I reverse pivot if fundamentally the left arm is unable to maintain control of the club. I will ponder that.

Thought this was worth sharing. A nice simple vid on the backswing pivot.

Don't take this the wrong way, but his turn is terrible, his SetUp is one reason he can't get a full turn and he is pushing from his left which moves his head way off the ball. He has no clue how to get people to have a good turn, or said differently, there's no way someone is going to get a good turn from watching this video. He also goat humps it a bit on the downswing. 😂

I'm not perfect, but there is no way anyone watching this is going to be able to have a better pivot. We have three feels that help golfers, and "Hip Around" is one of them, but he's missing two key aspects, 1) A Good SetUp allows you to turn, and 2) You need to pull back, not push from the left like he's doing.

Ask @MarMill8412 how hard this is, even if you have three options for how to do it perfectly.

I've been working on this for several years and am improving but Saturday found when I feel I need a long ball with my 5i or 3h I must loose my spine angle. I don't know what causes what but when I reverse pivot the right hand takes over at the top of the swing. I will have to practice indoors today. I wonder if I reverse pivot if fundamentally the left arm is unable to maintain control of the club. I will ponder that.
My guess is that you're pushing and have a poor SetUp. Take a look at our program, You need someone to take a look and give you some feedback.

Don't take this the wrong way, but his turn is terrible, his SetUp is one reason he can't get a full turn and he is pushing from his left which moves his head way off the ball. He has no clue how to get people to have a good turn, or said differently, there's no way someone is going to get a good turn from watching this video. He also goat humps it a bit on the downswing. 😂

I'm not perfect, but there is no way anyone watching this is going to be able to have a better pivot. We have three feels that help golfers, and "Hip Around" is one of them, but he's missing two key aspects, 1) A Good SetUp allows you to turn, and 2) You need to pull back, not push from the left like he's doing.

Ask @MarMill8412 how hard this is, even if you have three options for how to do it perfectly.
I will say that it is more difficult than you would think. I got three feels to look for when doing a proper pivot and I actually feel something different than the three. Or should I say I feel the same muscles engage but I focus on something different.

I will say that it is more difficult than you would think. I got three feels to look for when doing a proper pivot and I actually feel something different than the three. Or should I say I feel the same muscles engage but I focus on something different.
Text me that feel...will add it to our program.

Back