TMSHACKS

Bridgestone Staffer
Reaction score
So I look at pro's score and think well their good but wonder how they would do on the same courses most amateurs play. How good they would do.

Well I heard from my buddy who is a teaching pro at a semi private course down the road from me. Woody Austin who is not a premier pro at all plays the course once a year since his sister lives here and last time he was here played the course and shot 61. Disgusting thinking about that.

Anybody know any pro's that have played some courses near them and what they posted?

Dont know what he shot, but JB was telling me about when he played with Brian Gay and him just picking apart Windermere CC.

There is a course south of Indianapolis, Otter Creek in Columbus, that Jeff Overton shot a 64 (32-32)on the last round of the 2003 Indiana State Am. Won the next year at the Brickyard Crossing in Indianapolis.

Another unbelieveable round for you FL guys, noticed that at Eagle Creek close to the Orlando Int Airport, Chris DeMarco carded a 61.

There is a little golf course in Norfolk called Ocean View (by little i mean short only like 6000). Well Tiger did some type of fundraiser or something here back in like 2000. Not sure what the score was but there is a par 4 that is I think only 433. Well dead in the middle of the fairway is a plaque that reads "Tiger Woods drive." This plaque is sitting at around 375 yards!!!!!!!

There was an article in one of the big magazines about the same thing not too long ago, and I think that the pro played very well, but not as well as we'd expect. Can't remember which mag.

There is a little golf course in Norfolk called Ocean View (by little i mean short only like 6000). Well Tiger did some type of fundraiser or something here back in like 2000. Not sure what the score was but there is a par 4 that is I think only 433. Well dead in the middle of the fairway is a plaque that reads "Tiger Woods drive." This plaque is sitting at around 375 yards!!!!!!!

haha that stuff is neat and thats interesting some would say TW 2000 season was the best in history.

Also forgot to mention I played TPC deere run last year. How anyone much less paul goydos shoots a 59 is beyond me.

Vicky Hurst played a local course near me, Rockledge, and shot the course record, I think it was 61, last year. (I have to look up the score-maybe it was a 62). My pro is an ex tour pro and he shot 68 the other day at our course and he hardly plays anymore!

My home course was built sometime in the 1930's I believe and Sam Snead played it a few times. Uncertain of what he shot but I will be over at the clubhouse tommorow and his scorecard is hanging in there so I will have to check it out.

Most of the pro's are so far and above the rest of us, I always figured that if you gave them a practice round first, they would break a ton of course records around the world on the course's the rest of us play.

Back in December or January I remember Bubba Watson tweeting that he broke two course records at clubs in AZ within two days of each other.

At a course in Winnipeg here Mike Weir got 14 or 16 birdies in a round. Not sure what he shot but he just tore that course up.

I think about this a lot, it would be laughable to play with a pro on the courses I normally play, from my same tee boxes. They would probably be driving par 4 greens with irons.

I believe that when the so Cal qualifier comes to our course they shoot around 62-63. its a long track also.

There's a course here that opened up about 7 or 8 years ago. David Toms came out not long after it opened and shot a round in the mid 60s. I'm not sure what the exact number was. He still holds that course record today.

I played with Robbie Shaw from the Big Break in the fall of 2009 at a local here in Louisville and he shot 63 on a day that a high temperature of 41 and him talking while putting on just about every hole. It was amazing to be up close and personal and watch what seemed to be effortless golf for him.

Back