Protect Yourselves

c_ault

Reaction score
Just read this and it made me think of THP (even though it isn't that close to hq). This is the first I've seen this tactic.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/drivers-in-west-palm-delray-shot-in-bump-1484615.html

Anyone know of any other tactics out there to watch out for?

I can't remember the name of the insurance scam that was going on around here a few years back. It had to do with 2 cars forcing you to rearend one of them. One would zip in front of you and the other would pull up along side of you so you couldn't swerve when the one in front slammed on their brakes.

Thanks for sharing that, I would have probably stopped too, but not now.

Another one similar to the 2 car tactic that I read about is a car will slow down and then when you come up behind them they will pull the emergency brake to get you to rearend them. The emergency brake on most cars do not activate the brake lights, so you get no warning that they are stopping.

Nothing ever ceases to amaze me.Thanks for info.

Sooner or later the bad guys in this case will come across some guy that has a bigger gun than theirs. Until then, thanks for the headsup.

Always being alert is key. Florida is a shady state, especially down in that area. If you're in some sort of fender-bender go to a gas-station with people there or a police station before getting out of your car, especially late at night like that. Carjackings and such are commonplace in the Miami area. My mom works for a large insurance company and they spend tons of time and money trying to investigate and arrest people in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow thats crazy!

keep a gun in your car.
I used to be a liberal hippy kid from California. I used to believe violence was a faliure to communicate peacefully.

I now think: Keep a gun in your car/house/ on your body if your state allows it.

Back