PS5 & Xbox Series X

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone have one of these on pre-order yet? I'm a PlayStation guy, so imagine my dismay when I went to bed expecting to be able to wake up and order a PS5 the next day only to see that all of the retailers went rogue and posted them early. Then find out that they're already listed on eBay for ridiculous dollar amounts.

Trying to line one up after that point has proven to be extremely difficult. I had an opportunity to buy an Xbox, but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Any games that have you guys excited?

With the eye roll? Lol. I didn't expect you to be getting one. You didn't grow up with them. Did they have color televisions when you were a kid?

With the eye roll? Lol. I didn't expect you to be getting one. You didn't grow up with them. Did they have color televisions when you were a kid?
We could get a 4th channel if the rabbit ears where adjusted at just the right angle. ;)

I got one of each digital and disc preorder for PS5. Not sure which one I want to go for

Can't see myself purchasing either until they are cheaper. Probably a Nintendo guy for the next decade given the age of my kids, and my XB1 has barely been used in the 5 years I've owned it.

X Box ordered thanks to my fellow Grandaddy nerds and their tips.

stopped playing ps4 games other than old madden and some PGA.... online for a once in a while kinda guy is brutal.

My kids took over my PS4 so I changed to PC then they turned to Nintendo. As of right now I do not have one on pre-order. I had the chance to get one direct from Sony but chose not to use my pre-order code. Only game I want to play on the next gen is God of War Ragnarok and that won't be out for a while maybe a year or more. So when that game comes out if it is not on PS4 I will have to wait a while. Plus I don't think my wife will let me spend to much on electronics she wants a new car. :confused:

I plan on getting them both at some point but I don't have either preordered at the moment. Xbox was going to be day one but now that Halo is delayed, I will wait a little longer

Anyone have one of these on pre-order yet? I'm a PlayStation guy, so imagine my dismay when I went to bed expecting to be able to wake up and order a PS5 the next day only to see that all of the retailers went rogue and posted them early. Then find out that they're already listed on eBay for ridiculous dollar amounts.

Trying to line one up after that point has proven to be extremely difficult. I had an opportunity to buy an Xbox, but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Any games that have you guys excited?
Been a PS guy for a while. Given that Xbox has zero exclusives I see no reason to get it. Resale prices are always crazy at the beginning. I usually wait for a few months before buying anyways. I’m most excited for cyberpunk, largely because one of the few hills I will die on is that Witcher 3 is the greatest game of all time so I have high expectations for CDPR’s newest game.

I got one of each digital and disc preorder for PS5. Not sure which one I want to go for
Decisions decisions, lol. I went back and forth a bit on which one I would want. The digital is attractive for the fact that it's $100 cheaper. But, I do like the idea of buying discs that can be traded in or sold. I have purchased some games that I just didn't care for after a few weeks. If I had a disc, I could sell it and recoup some of the money. When it's digital, it kind of sucks that you are stuck with it. Hard drive space is also a concern. The way Sony does their updates currently, you need at least the size of the base install of any given game available in free space so the game can be essentially rewritten to the drive with the new update in place. Modern Warfare is just about 200gb in size now and due to that, I can only have one other game on my system. I have the launch version of the PS4. With these games being optimized for a lot newer hardware, I can see those files getting even bigger. If I had discs the reinstall would go quicker if I had to delete a game temporarily.

On the flip side. Most of my games are bought on a whim from the PS store. Lol, so I don't really have that many discs anyways. My laziness usually wins and I don't want to drive to the store to buy.

I haven't decided whether or not to make the jump as I never bought a PS4...the latest I have is my PS3 which I don't use that much - our grandson tends to play on it when they visit so I am not sure it is worth the money for me

I thought I would be pre ordering the Xbox but my son decided to go PC instead

I thought I would be pre ordering the Xbox but my son decided to go PC instead
I have pondered it myself. I am a couple years shy of 40 and have never played games on a PC. I think learning how to use a mouse and keyboard would be a huge learning curve for me.

I have pondered it myself. I am a couple years shy of 40 and have never played games on a PC. I think learning how to use a mouse and keyboard would be a huge learning curve for me.
It doesn't interest me at all honestly. I grew up with a controller and thats the only way I know. He is currently playing with a keyboard and mouse on his Xbox One to help him learn while we source parts to build his PC.

Xbox for sure. Starfield :love: Skyrim in space, sorry sony. Only cost Microsoft 7.5 billion to get Bethesda though, lol. Microsoft has quietly bought 48 new game companies, so they are serious this round. I don't think exclusives will win Sony anything as xbox will have just as many this round.
All xbox games can be played on PC if you have digital copy or gamepass, as well most games from the original xbox, xbox 360, and xbox one being backward compatible.

That being said I will probably buy the digital PS5 as well and get their game pass or whatever its called. I skipped the ps4 so I did miss alot of games, and that may be worth getting as well.

Last edited:
Xbox for sure. Starfield :love: Skyrim in space, sorry sony. Only cost Microsoft 7.5 billion to get Bethesda though, lol. Microsoft has quietly bought 48 new game companies, so they are serious this round. I don't think exclusives will win Sony anything as xbox will have just as many this round.
All xbox games can be played on PC as well, as most games from the original xbox, xbox 360, and xbox one being backward compatible.

That being said I will probably buy the digital PS5 as well and get their game pass. I skipped the ps4 so I did miss alot of games, and that may be worth getting as well.
I only typically play one, maybe two games at any given period of time through the year. I don't get into a lot of the exclusives, so that doesn't really get me. That Bethesda deal is pretty legit though. I have just always had a PlayStation. Have a lot of friends that play it. So, I don't see myself switching over this go around. At least not yet.

I have just always had a PlayStation. Have a lot of friends that play it. So, I don't see myself switching over this go around. At least not yet.
Ya I think I have like 230ish friends on xbox over last 15 years, and like 250 followers I believe. Hard to give that up. Some of my friends were on my world number 4 battlefield team on gamebattles, so have lots of friends that kick serious ass in games. Ya xbox for sure.

But like I said, will probably get both.

i wanna say it was about a month ago i received an email asking if i wanted to pre order the ps5, i declined. ill wait awhile..

i wanna say it was about a month ago i received an email asking if i wanted to pre order the ps5, i declined. ill wait awhile..
that is something to think about as well. Usually first gen of these machines have a few bugs/problems, so waiting for 2nd gen may be a good option.

that is something to think about as well. Usually first gen of these machines have a few bugs/problems, so waiting for 2nd gen may be a good option.
I get that 100%. I will say though that the PS4 that I casually walked into Target and bought on day one (doubt it will be that easy this go around), is still working like a champ. I don't own a 4K TV, so I didn't have any need to buy the Pro. This go around, I may end up buying a 27" gaming monitor though. I tested one out and my Warzone performance really improved.

Been a PS guy for a while. Given that Xbox has zero exclusives I see no reason to get it. Resale prices are always crazy at the beginning. I usually wait for a few months before buying anyways. I’m most excited for cyberpunk, largely because one of the few hills I will die on is that Witcher 3 is the greatest game of all time so I have high expectations for CDPR’s newest game.

That's not quite true with MS' acquisition of Zenimax - its a pretty safe bet you'll see a lot of things go exclusively to the Xbox Gamepass. And as of right now the only way to get them is via an Xbox or PC (if you have ultimate).

I'm an Xbox guy mainly because thats where my friends are. The launch lineups for both consoles are weak this pass around - especially with the Halo move. I've been a member of Gamepass for a while now and it's definitely been worth it for me. I'm glad to see it getting a significant upgrade with the addition of EA Play and the Zenimax portfolio.

I'm in the Xbox ecosystem (have been since the original release)and tried preordering one but couldn't get in. So I'll wait to physically get one if possible when they come out. I had ultimate since it was introduced since I play on the laptop when I travel. I do like that they bought Zenimax/Bethesda because I play a crap ton of those games. There's also still rumors about MS buying Bungie. That would be interesting and would give them a ton of exclusive content.

I'm in the Xbox ecosystem (have been since the original release)and tried preordering one but couldn't get in. So I'll wait to physically get one if possible when they come out. I had ultimate since it was introduced since I play on the laptop when I travel. I do like that they bought Zenimax/Bethesda because I play a crap ton of those games. There's also still rumors about MS buying Bungie. That would be interesting and would give them a ton of exclusive content.

Im a big Destiny fan so them acquiring Bungie would make my life! I've been following those rumors closely myself.

Back