PS5 & Xbox Series X

Nope. my Xbox One is probably the last gaming console I get for a long time.

I'm looking for a preorder. We have a ps3 but my kids want a 5 so guess its about time to upgrade.

I love Borderlands - but it just doesn't keep me like Destiny does (or did). I play BL through and any DLC but I don't go back and keep working at it.

I tried to play Borderlands 1 and 2, but the second part was a lot more interesting for me. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to finish it because our cat jumped on the laptop and broke the screen. So I had to switch to PS games.

Yeah, I have pre-ordered a ps5 Digital one. I don't think I am gonna go buy a disk to play games anymore. With high bandwidth and huge storage, disk doesn't seem to be all that necessary.

Yeah, I have pre-ordered a ps5 Digital one. I don't think I am gonna go buy a disk to play games anymore. With high bandwidth and huge storage, disk doesn't seem to be all that necessary.
I'm debating, with backward compatibility I think I might go full version though. I have a few disks from the PS4 that I'd like to keep playing. Then again I need to take another look, I saw something about upgrades to digital for those that were bought, I'm just not sure how that works.

Im making the jump to Xbox this release. Having every PlayStation previously, moving to the dark side. My brother games on Xbox and limited folks on PS anymore, going to try it out.

I'm debating, with backward compatibility I think I might go full version though. I have a few disks from the PS4 that I'd like to keep playing. Then again I need to take another look, I saw something about upgrades to digital for those that were bought, I'm just not sure how that works.
That's a good argument. Should I opt for a full version then?

Honestly, I have no idea. I read a bit into it and you still have to port game saves over (somehow?) and there was something about developers agreeing to update the games for the PS5. I think that may push me to wait a while until games really start coming out and just have both the 4 and 5 set up. I think I read that digital copies can be moved much the way save files are but as big as games are there really isn't that much storage on the device.

I know that's not an answer but I have no idea what I'll do nor do I feel comfortable or knowledgeable enough to make any recommendations.

I am going full version for one reason. If I buy a game that I just hate, I want to be able to either sell it or trade it in. Something about having the physical game on hand feels more comfortable to me. I do own some digital games but I like to have physical. I guess I am just old school to some degree.

I'm trying to find a reason to buy a PS5 and I just don't have one, weird.

The countdown begins! They're coming!

Can't wait for the new Xbox - although it's weird that there's really not a "release" game. Cyberpunk just got pushed three more weeks.

I love that literally everything I have will just .. slide over no problem. cloud saves, games on my external HDD, all of it. Nice and neat.

I won a demon's souls game from burger king the other week. So, I have something to play right away if I can secure a ps5.

Sounds like target will be limiting their in store sales to online ordering for pickup. There's a smaller target in the area that doesn't get a ton of traffic. I'll be on their site at midnight trying to do my curbside order. Hopefully I don't have much competition.

I've been a Playstation guy since the start, but am considering the switch with this release. Still haven't decided. I will for sure be grabbing one of them early next year though.

Snagged a PS5 directly from Sony last night. They shipped it overnight for delivery tomorrow! I wasn't going to be super bummed if I couldn't get one right away. But, I am pretty excited to get it in my hands.

I'm trying to decide when I want one & whether or not I was the disc player.

I'm trying to decide when I want one & whether or not I was the disc player.
The way I figure is that I won't really look back a few years from now and say, man I really wish I didn't have the disc drive. But, if I got one without it and regretted it later, there'd be nothing I could do short of buy another system.

The way I figure is that I won't really look back a few years from now and say, man I really wish I didn't have the disc drive. But, if I got one without it and regretted it later, there'd be nothing I could do short of buy another system.
I like your thinking.
The wife pointed out that my PS4 is the only movie player in the house. I forgot about it.

also, I've seen 2 live streams of Dark Soul on the PS5 & it looks really good even on my 1080 TV through Youtube

Was rapidly clicking Walmart's website yesterday for a PS5 and nothing but randomly checked Anazib

Buying the disk does not gain you any storage space vs digital but it does let you trade it in, give to friends, etc. I'm with you all digital...

I was able to get one ordered today direct from Sony. It is a Christmas gift for my son and I will get one sometime in the future. I got the disc version because I have quite a few ps4 discs already

Used the PS5 a few times over the weekend. So far, color me impressed. It seems to be a significant graphics upgrade even just using my 1080P TV. The best part is the faster load times and that controller. The controller is probably the most impressive thing so far. I love the haptic feedback in Black Ops Cold War. Really gives another level of feeling immersed in the game.

Couple of other improvements is the UI and the download speeds. The UI seems a lot more modern and a lot smoother than the PS4. With COD running on my PS4, I could barely navigate the PS4 menus. Now, there is essentially no impact. Also, my PS4 MAXED out at 60mbps on the speed test over my 200mbps bandwidth. Now, the PS5 is getting about 180mbps and the download times are significantly less.

A couple of issues, but not game breaking by any means. My controller will not charge using the front USB port while the system is sleeping. Easy fix is to just use the rear ports. Not sure if it's an issue with controller firmware or the PS5 itself.

The other issue seems to be more obscure and I am not able to find any other reports of it online. So, I am not sure if it's a PS5 issue or not. But, when downloading a game or large update, the PS5 seems to be hogging almost the entirety of our internet bandwidth. We stream almost all of our TV service. So, it was pretty easy to tell that there was an issue with our internet when I was downloading games. My phone tested at 160mbps on our wifi and once I started a download, it would test at around 5-6mbps. Sometimes much much less. Could be an issue with our ISP though. So, I have some more digging to do on it. Short term solution is to just avoid downloading anything during peak TV usage hours in the house hold.

Now I am on the hunt for a 4K monitor or TV. Not ready to make the spend yet. But, I am a lot more motivated now than I was before. My wife, on the other hand, is not. Lol. I may wait until HDMI 2.1 is more prevalent.

ive seen these being waffled anywhere from $1000-1500 omg..

Black Friday deals should help with a 4K TV/monitor.

Been checking all the sites several times a day for a PS5 and nothing. Walmart had them last week and they were gone in about 3 mins. Still trying but I'm losing hope I'll find one anytime soon.

Been checking all the sites several times a day for a PS5 and nothing. Walmart had them last week and they were gone in about 3 mins. Still trying but I'm losing hope I'll find one anytime soon.

This guy has been my go to. Helped me get mine. That and an extreme amount of luck.

Back