PS5 & Xbox Series X

I managed to get hold of a PS5 a few days after the UK release date, had to pay more than RRP for it, nut not too much more

They certainly don't make the game data transfer process very quick and painless. Thought I could do it overnight, doesn't help when you have your system set to auto turn off after an hour of inactivity. What's the bloody point of having these CD's if you still then have a 48gb install :cautious:

I think the discs are for the licence only, it still downloads the game from the store

I went for the digital version anyway

I copied over the games I wanted to keep onto an external drive, not plugged it in yet, as reports of issues with them at the moment

Demon Souls is brilliant

I think the discs are for the licence only, it still downloads the game from the store

I went for the digital version anyway

I copied over the games I wanted to keep onto an external drive, not plugged it in yet, as reports of issues with them at the moment

Demon Souls is brilliant
I haven’t played demons souls yet. Soon though. I’ve heard nothing but good things.

I didn’t have a ton of ps4 games installed on my OG 500gb system. Modern Warfare made sure I didn’t have enough space for much else. The faster download speeds and nvme drive has made installing much much faster. So, I haven’t really even considered using external storage yet.

Its really good, even better if you have never played the original

Man, I am absolutely loving Demon's Souls. @HarryPotter has been my tour guide through my first excursion through the game. I have cleared 3 of the 5 worlds at this point. I have worlds 2 and 5 left. A bunch of stuff that I still haven't unlocked. A lot of weapons that I still need to find. Will probably focus on getting some of those items. I have only used 3 of the boss souls for upgrades. Need to unlock some more items before I get to NG+. Once I beat it, I will likely take a break for a bit and focus on some other titles. Mainly Spider-Man remastered and Mile Morales.

Loving the new gen system.

Man, I am absolutely loving Demon's Souls. @HarryPotter has been my tour guide through my first excursion through the game. I have cleared 3 of the 5 worlds at this point. I have worlds 2 and 5 left. A bunch of stuff that I still haven't unlocked. A lot of weapons that I still need to find. Will probably focus on getting some of those items. I have only used 3 of the boss souls for upgrades. Need to unlock some more items before I get to NG+. Once I beat it, I will likely take a break for a bit and focus on some other titles. Mainly Spider-Man remastered and Mile Morales.

Loving the new gen system.
I watched all of Demon Soul's playthrough on the YT Channel Eurogamers It was fun to have on while I work.
I'll never play the game (I suck at this style of game), but I do like to watch them as if I'm watching a TV movie.

Once I get a PS5, I'm getting Assassin's Creed, Hitman 3, Cyberpunk.

I watched all of Demon Soul's playthrough on the YT Channel Eurogamers It was fun to have on while I work.
I'll never play the game (I suck at this style of game), but I do like to watch them as if I'm watching a TV movie.

Once I get a PS5, I'm getting Assassin's Creed, Hitman 3, Cyberpunk.
I don't really play these types of games anymore. For some reason, I don't find myself to be very interested unless there is a multiplayer aspect. It took me a little bit to get my bearings straight. But, as someone who hasn't played a game like this for at least 15 years, I highly recommend it. It's a gorgeous game. The only problem is I find myself getting sidetracked trying to do all of the side stuff. I could probably power through the rest of the game at this point. But, I want to savor it a little more.

I don't really play these types of games anymore. For some reason, I don't find myself to be very interested unless there is a multiplayer aspect. It took me a little bit to get my bearings straight. But, as someone who hasn't played a game like this for at least 15 years, I highly recommend it. It's a gorgeous game. The only problem is I find myself getting sidetracked trying to do all of the side stuff. I could probably power through the rest of the game at this point. But, I want to savor it a little more.
Since I've seen the whole game & all the bosses, etc.. I recommend savoring it.

Since I've seen the whole game & all the bosses, etc.. I recommend savoring it.
I am not typically big on replaying a game multiple times. But, I may spin up another character to build out differently. If this is my only play through, I will make it as complete as I can.

my ps5 came in yesterday. Holy crap this thing is massive.

I have heard there are lots of issues with these new gen consoles. Is that true?

my ps5 came in yesterday. Holy crap this thing is massive.
Haha, it is pretty big. It looks better in person than I was expecting. I watched the breakdown video a few months back. A lot of the real estate inside the unit is taken up by the heatsink which is a good tradeoff for having the larger console. Shouldn't be any thermal issues with it. The fan inside is pretty massive too.

I haven't had any real issues with mine.

Cool.. I bought my kids an oculus for christmas. I would be lying if I was not slightly excited for myself.. haha. "Kids!! its a school night, you have to go to bed early"!!

Haha, it is pretty big. It looks better in person than I was expecting. I watched the breakdown video a few months back. A lot of the real estate inside the unit is taken up by the heatsink which is a good tradeoff for having the larger console. Shouldn't be any thermal issues with it. The fan inside is pretty massive too.

I opened it and set it up yesterday afternoon. When I got home Jenn asked if it came(yes) and if I had set it up(also yes). I told her to go check it out....she came back and asked if it was overcompensating for something.

I opened it and set it up yesterday afternoon. When I got home Jenn asked if it came(yes) and if I had set it up(also yes). I told her to go check it out....she came back and asked if it was overcompensating for something.
Lol

So, my daughters got me Spider-Man for Christmas. Now I just have to convince my youngest to let me have a turn. Lol.

1609019299023.jpeg

REALLY want to track down one of the two, but I’m going to wait until Feb or so

REALLY want to track down one of the two, but I’m going to wait until Feb or so
Hopefully they’re a lot easier to get. Kids and I are having a blast with ours.

I've owned every release of Xbox from Gen1, I've learned avoid buying the first releases. They are usually plagued with issues. I'm really intrigued by the newest but definitely not interested paying the premium so I'll give it a bit to they are in stock everywhere for sticker price.

I've owned every release of Xbox from Gen1, I've learned avoid buying the first releases. They are usually plagued with issues. I'm really intrigued by the newest but definitely not interested paying the premium so I'll give it a bit to they are in stock everywhere for sticker price.
I still cannot believe how hard they are to get. Thankfully, no issues with my PS5 so far. I got my ps4 at launch 7 years ago and it ran like a champ that whole time.

So how do you get the Xbox x disc version and ps5 non disc, were wanting these two but of course can’t find them anywhere. Is there an email list with any stores? I can’t find shat.

So how do you get the Xbox x disc version and ps5 non disc, were wanting these two but of course can’t find them anywhere. Is there an email list with any stores? I can’t find shat.
I followed this Twitter account for updates. He posts updates whenever there are any. Just have to be ready to jump online and buy when the opportunity presents itself.

Back