PSA: Beware of Scammer PM's

If you are being asked to email someone because “they have what you need”, just stop.

The Nigerian Prince or Mike, Dave, James, Tito or anybody else sending you a PM, saying their friend has one for sale and to email them is just so weird.

Stop! Deal with Albatross Club members

If you are being asked to email someone because “they have what you need”, just stop.

The Nigerian Prince or Mike, Dave, James, Tito or anybody else sending you a PM, saying their friend has one for sale and to email them is just so weird.

Stop! Deal with Albatross Club members
Yes, right. These are the obvious ones That you get every time here after a posting within hours. Email or text my friend, dad, neighbor they have what you’re looking for. We get it. But lately they are worse. Mine had pictures, previous posts, messages. So it’s not that simple. Wish this forum could at least do something. How about no messaging unless ALbatross member or 20 plus posts.

How about no messaging unless ALbatross member or 20 plus posts.
The "Not an Albatross Member" might do it, but, then you'd prohibit a good number of legitimate members who contribute quite a bit to the forum. (IMO, anyway.)

The "20+ posts" will have little effect. On another forum I've seen scammers create accounts, let them sit fallow for months, years, in one case, show up, post several throw-away posts to look current, then scam a member that wasn't cautious enough.

The best defense is stick to Albatross members or members that are long-time, well-known members with a regular posting history--with meaningful content, and pay close attention for warning signs.

Guys this is becoming more frequent as of late, so I wanted to make a post about it to avoid anyone getting scammed if possible. Remember The Hackers Paradise website and it's staff take no responsibility for any personal sales that occur in this forum. It is done at your own risk.

This new form of scammer is responding in a FS thread or reaching out via PM typically. A few people have pm'd a mod about it and maybe a few have fallen victim but in either case please reach out to any moderator so we can do something about it!

Some clues that may tip you off are a low post count or new accounts. And don't forget the forums new feature the new marketplace rating system. Common sense guys!

Pm's that may look similar to this:
I've been getting some 4 in just a couple days!

Guys this is becoming more frequent as of late, so I wanted to make a post about it to avoid anyone getting scammed if possible. Remember The Hackers Paradise website and it's staff take no responsibility for any personal sales that occur in this forum. It is done at your own risk.

This new form of scammer is responding in a FS thread or reaching out via PM typically. A few people have pm'd a mod about it and maybe a few have fallen victim but in either case please reach out to any moderator so we can do something about it!

Some clues that may tip you off are a low post count or new accounts. And don't forget the forums new feature the new marketplace rating system. Common sense guys!

Pm's that may look similar to this:
Who do I report a scammer to?

Back