OITW

Reaction score
When you're playing in mid 40* weather and your ball lands in the red staked hazard, just take the penalty and play from there.

If the ball is sitting up on a clump of grass don't jump on the clump of grass and expect to play out of there thinking it is dry and can support a 190lb person.

Most likely you'll end up waist deep in heavy mud struggling to get out while your playing partners laugh at you and you end up tripling the hole.

Quick thoughts:

1) Save your phone - quick thinking I was able to fish it out and throw it on to dry land...

2) save your club or use it as a safety device to pull your self from the muck

3). Always carry your rain paints in your bag they will save you when it's not raining (hopefully a second pair of underpants)

4) take your medicine - that penalty stroke isn't worth it

5) waterproof shoes don't mean full submersion

6) shake shake shake it off and you'll be able to enjoy the rest of your round

All in all I was fine the round was lost after it, i was/am able to laugh it off, but don't let it ruin your round!

Stay safe out there!

(I think MBurnham will be able to post a pic in this thread if the after)

2f1120ea670afc430dbcbd1d28c60504.jpg

If I got there a second later I don't know if Alex would have been here today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahahaha, OOPS!

Oh silly man out of season unpostable round equals free drop lol

Ha good information

Can't say I haven't been in a very similar situation lol

Don't you know about winter rules?

Love the never give in approach Alex!!

Well you were golfing in November so you got that going for you.

#ColdWeatherGolfProblems

Glad all is ok! Adventures abound this off season thus far, that's for sure.

Looks good on you though hahaha

Lol, I've done that before and lost a shoe in the muck!

hahaha glad you are okay Alex

Oh man! I know exactly how you feel. New Years Day this year I went in up to my chest on number 10. It was about 30 degrees and raining. Fireball was involved but I could still drive the cart. Could not finish. It took three playing partners to get me out of there. Legs just seized up and while it's kinda funny now, I can barely see the terror people must feel when they fall through some ice. Wowzers!

Looks like you made the best of it too!

JM

That's nuts Alex, good on you guys for getting out there today though! Glad you're OK.

Yikes, good thing you had your hunting hat in to alert people around you! Lol glad you are ok

I needed a could laugh thanks

When you're playing in mid 40* weather and your ball lands in the red staked hazard, just take the penalty and play from there.

If the ball is sitting up on a clump of grass don't jump on the clump of grass and expect to play out of there thinking it is dry and can support a 190lb person.

Most likely you'll end up waist deep in heavy mud struggling to get out while your playing partners laugh at you and you end up tripling the hole.

Quick thoughts:

1) Save your phone - quick thinking I was able to fish it out and throw it on to dry land...

2) save your club or use it as a safety device to pull your self from the muck

3). Always carry your rain paints in your bag they will save you when it's not raining (hopefully a second pair of underpants)

4) take your medicine - that penalty stroke isn't worth it

5) waterproof shoes don't mean full submersion

6) shake shake shake it off and you'll be able to enjoy the rest of your round

All in all I was fine the round was lost after it, i was/am able to laugh it off, but don't let it ruin your round!

Stay safe out there!

(I think MBurnham will be able to post a pic in this thread if the after)

Oh boy. Did you pop one up on #7 and try to be a hero? Sorry bud glad you're okay

don't count that Danny, I was interfered with

Back