Ryan555

Reaction score
Handicap
So, a year ago or so I posted in here having trouble with a push slice. I was told that my swing was too flat. Well, I spent several months working on getting my swing more upright. It worked, for a while. Earlier this year I was getting some of the best ballflight I ever had. It was about a 10 yard fade. This is awesome for me. I knew pretty much where my ball was gonna go. Fast forward to middle of July. All of a sudden, I'm hooking everything. Not just hooking, but pull hooking it off the face of the planet. For example, yesterday, I pull hooked a shot 3 fairways over. I was told after a random round with a pro that my grip had moved too far left and that I was releasing too early. I have been working on not releasing too early, but, I don't think it's working. Now, I hate a hook. Not only a hook, but I hate a draw. Of the 8 or so courses I play regularly, only one doesn't have any trouble on the left, at least on the front side. Every other course I play calls for either a straight ball flight, or a fade to even keep the ball in play. What I'm wondering is if there are any drills to work on a body release, taking the hands out of the equation, and maybe a tip on keeping my grip from moving too far on top of the grip. Thanks

Back