Puma Amp Cell Fusion Shoes - Forum Testing Review

I was able to wear these when Howzat wasnt hoarding them.

So far I am very impressed. I know I keep saying it but for people who are familiar with the Adidas ATV then you will like these. They are very similar in feel and weight. I was very comfortable wearing these shoes. I came away very impressed. The spikes seem to be holding up very well.

I did notice that any sand or dirt seemed to sit on the shoe which I found VERY strange. it did wipe right off with a towel or your hand But it was almost as if it was attracted to the shoe. Anyone else notice this?

I have noticed it with sand when the shoes are wet - i think it has to do with the synthetic material over the leather. Wipes right off though.

I have noticed it with sand when the shoes are wet - i think it has to do with the synthetic material over the leather. Wipes right off though.
These were not wet. Hell it was so hot outside maybe it was humidity on the shoes.

These were not wet. Hell it was so hot outside maybe it was humidity on the shoes.

Yeah i think it's the slightest bit of moisture that turns the synthetic material into velcro.

I have just spoken to the store that were getting me some of these in to try and they have got them today, so I will be heading over after work to go and try them and will try to post later this evening with my thoughts on the ankle issue I mentioned previously

I will be interested to get your thoughts. These are the first pair of shoes that I even noticed anything about the ankle area because it just felt really comfortable.

Check out the new apparel thread and you will see I picked these up tonight

With regards to the ankle area, due to my prominent ankle bone this was the area that was going to decide whether or not I would consider them. All I can say is that the ankle area is cut slightly lower than the others I have tried and is so soft that there was no problem at all with them rubbing anywhere. In fact, I could probably take these straight onto the course and walk a full round without any problems

I am hoping to get a round this weekend so will post back with my thoughts afterwards

Check out the new apparel thread and you will see I picked these up tonight

With regards to the ankle area, due to my prominent ankle bone this was the area that was going to decide whether or not I would consider them. All I can say is that the ankle area is cut slightly lower than the others I have tried and is so soft that there was no problem at all with them rubbing anywhere. In fact, I could probably take these straight onto the course and walk a full round without any problems

I am hoping to get a round this weekend so will post back with my thoughts afterwards

Glad to hear it worked out for you and the comfortable ankle area was not my imagination.

Spent an hour at the range tonight after work to try these out and all I can say is they are so comfortable. They provide plenty of support for my feet, but don't restrict any movement. The spikes grip well and although I was only hitting from mats, I get the feeling they will provide plenty of grip on any surface out on the course

Bottom line, I would happily recommend them as an option for anyone considering new shoes

Well I just finished walking 18. Conditions were about 65 degrees and misting at the start and they only went downhill from there - temps were in the low 50s and a steady light rain was falling at the end of the round.

My hands were cold and wet. My upper body was cold and wet. My pants were wet.

My feet were bone dry.

Grass was soaking wet and the rain was falling but my feet stayed warm and dry - very impressive.

Also, they had just cut the grass so there were plenty of clippings, but somehow the spikes don't cake up with grass.

Had my first round with the new shoes today and I can honestly say that I am very impressed with them. I do have a slight blister on the back of my right ankle but I am not surprised as I would expect that with any new shoes I have just walked 18 in

First of all, comfort - once properly broken in I would suspect these are going to be like wearing your favourite slippers as already they have not caused any discomfort after the round and I feel like I could walk another round already

Support - around the ankle these provide plenty of support without being restrictive, across the top of the forefoot they do not feel like they are crushing the foot. The sole of the shoes grip very well, I experienced no slipping either during my swing or whilst walking. I know others have mentioned that the sole does not collect grass but I did find the back of the sole did clog up a little bit but the course looked like the fairways had recently been cut so there was quite a bit of grass lying around, but it may be the type of grass that we have here causing the spikes to clog slightly

Overall I am very impressed with the shoes and can't wait to get more time with them on the course as I am sure they contributed to the better swing today

Any updates on these?

I won't be able to provide anything as I have got a busy week, but will be having 2 rounds at the weekend so will post more when I get back

Just cleaned up my clubs and shoes and these babies still clean up like new. I took some pictures to show where the creases have developed and the severity (or lack thereof) of each crease

eratyjas.jpg

aqebupu4.jpg

by8enuhe.jpg

hegata3e.jpg

se3ydype.jpg

agydene8.jpg

ty7eheme.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

What color are you sporting, doc?

How many rounds have you played in them lukes? Would you say that the toe area has held up to your liking? And in terms of style would you considering picking up another pair of these haha

How many rounds have you played in them lukes? Would you say that the toe area has held up to your liking? And in terms of style would you considering picking up another pair of these haha

I've put on 4 rounds (2 walking), 1 range session, and one lawn mowing session. For me, the toe area has held up much better than I had imagined. The creasing is present but minimal, and there is virtually no wear on the toe of the right shoe (back foot) - and that is a fantastic sign, as I have a pretty aggressive pivot onto them toes of my back foot during my swing.

If I had some extra money lying around, I'd order the white/black/blue version of these in a heartbeat.

Got busy at work and forgot all about this thread coming up. I'm excited to browse through some of the review posts over the next day or so as I really want to pick up a pair of these!

What color are you sporting, doc?

The same colour as One-T got on the first page, the white ones with the orange accents and sole

How are people finding the back of the shoes for cleaning - the small area that seems to be a different material to the rest of the shoe? I get the feeling it might be a bit tougher to keep clean long-term?

For testers..... weird issue yesterday that I have never had before. My achilles tendon on my left leg was REALLY bothering me. It seemed to me that my shoes had something to do with it. I am currently wearing the Nike Lunar Control which up until yesterday I had enjoyed. Is there any issue with these pressing on the back of your heel or up near the achilles and have you ever had that happen before?

For testers..... weird issue yesterday that I have never had before. My achilles tendon on my left leg was REALLY bothering me. It seemed to me that my shoes had something to do with it. I am currently wearing the Nike Lunar Control which up until yesterday I had enjoyed. Is there any issue with these pressing on the back of your heel or up near the achilles and have you ever had that happen before?

None at all - in fact, normally that is exactly where I experience discomfort when breaking in new shoes, but there has been none to speak of with these. No chaffing, blistering, or soreness to speak of.

After walking 18 at the weekend, I have a blister on the back of my right ankle which has been caused by the shoes rubbing, BUT, my right ankle is a slightly different 'shape' due to an old injury so the shoe fits differently around that ankle which I am attributing to the cause of the shoe rubbing

My left ankle is absolutely fine, there has been no pressure on my achilles at all and no rubbing or blisters so I would say for people with 'normal' ankles you most likely wouldn't see any problems. I am hoping that after a couple of rounds I will find that the rubbing subsides as they break in more

None at all - in fact, normally that is exactly where I experience discomfort when breaking in new shoes, but there has been none to speak of with these. No chaffing, blistering, or soreness to speak of.

Awesome news man. Thanks.

After walking 18 at the weekend, I have a blister on the back of my right ankle which has been caused by the shoes rubbing, BUT, my right ankle is a slightly different 'shape' due to an old injury so the shoe fits differently around that ankle which I am attributing to the cause of the shoe rubbing

My left ankle is absolutely fine, there has been no pressure on my achilles at all and no rubbing or blisters so I would say for people with 'normal' ankles you most likely wouldn't see any problems. I am hoping that after a couple of rounds I will find that the rubbing subsides as they break in more

Thanks man!

The black and orange are really standing up, I thought I'd see more wear on those for sure!

Especially since the patent leather look seems to show wear on other shoes I've had in the past. I really like what others are seeing on these!

Back