Puma Amp Cell Fusion Shoes - Forum Testing Review

I may have skimmed, so sorry about that. But I have a feel question about these shoes.

In golf, and in many athletic activities, I prefer my shoes to fit like a glove. I've had sneaker style shoes before, and it was like wearing clogs or boots. They worked fine, sure, but they didn't feel comfortable when I was swinging. I didn't feel like it was just an extension of my feet, instead, it felt like a gigantic cloth and leather covering, that somehow prevented my feet from rotating properly on the follow through. It's always so hard to charactarize feel in golf shoes, but hopefully you understand what I mean by this.

At the same time, I need some support, and certainly some grip. So for instance, when I look at the Adizero shoe, I see a shoe that may fit like a glove on my narrow feet, but it just looks like my feet would be sore at the end of the day due to the ultra thin or total lack of rubber sole. It looks like the spikes are the only point of contact with the ground, and would bear most of my weight. (I've never tried on the Adizeros, so it's possible that it is not at all what the shoes are like, I'm just trying to describe the other end of the spectrum in shoe feel).

Where does this shoe fit in that spectrum of "shoe feel"?

~Rock

I can say that they fit me true to size. I wear 9.5 Under Armour running sneakers, 9.5 adidas golf shoes and these 9.5 puma golf shoes fit me perfectly.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

This is good to know. Nice job dude!

I may have skimmed, so sorry about that. But I have a feel question about these shoes.

In golf, and in many athletic activities, I prefer my shoes to fit like a glove. I've had sneaker style shoes before, and it was like wearing clogs or boots. They worked fine, sure, but they didn't feel comfortable when I was swinging. I didn't feel like it was just an extension of my feet, instead, it felt like a gigantic cloth and leather covering, that somehow prevented my feet from rotating properly on the follow through. It's always so hard to charactarize feel in golf shoes, but hopefully you understand what I mean by this.

At the same time, I need some support, and certainly some grip. So for instance, when I look at the Adizero shoe, I see a shoe that may fit like a glove on my narrow feet, but it just looks like my feet would be sore at the end of the day due to the ultra thin or total lack of rubber sole. It looks like the spikes are the only point of contact with the ground, and would bear most of my weight. (I've never tried on the Adizeros, so it's possible that it is not at all what the shoes are like, I'm just trying to describe the other end of the spectrum in shoe feel).

~Rock

Rock - i think we have similar needs when it comes to shoes. I need a shoe with good support or else my arches (and my shins and lower back) hurt. I have narrow feet as well, and hate when I feel like I am swimming in a shoe.

The Amp Cell Fusion, for me, is the best of both worlds. I have found that they allow me to lace up nice and snug to the point where my foot is one withe the shoe (without and pinch points) and the shoe does not bulky. The support that the shoe provides is 2nd to none. The chassis really provides the prefect amount of support on uneven terrain, yet it is flexible and rotates beautifully during the swing. I have a very aggressive rotation with my back foot, and the ACF does not prohibit or hold me back at all.

If I had to place it on the spectrum, it would definitely be towards the support end - however the design of the chassis makes it one of the most versatile and comfortable "support" golf shoes I have ever worn.

~Rock

I bought a pair of these about 10 days before our UK event so only managed a single range session and 18 holes before the event, followed by 2 days walking 18 on consecutive days

If you have been skimming you may not have seen my posts about the issues I had whilst looking for a new pair of shoes, but to put it briefly, I have a slightly odd-shaped right ankle due to an old injury, yet these shoes were the most comfortable and supportive shoes I tried on (and I tried a few pairs...)

Yes, I did have a blister on the back of my right ankle where they rubbed and I ended up with a blister on the sole of my right foot after the second day of our event, BUT my left foot was absolutely fine with no blisters and no rubbing so I put this down to the old injury and not anything to do with the shoes

They are a nice snug fit and provide plenty of support without being too tight, yet still grip the course like a limpet stuck to a ship and despite the limited time I was able to wear them, I am pleasantly surprised about how little discomfort the breaking-in period has caused to this point

Another 9 walked, and another round of comfort and stability. I can't say enough good things about the Amp Cell Fusion shoes. after a day of wearing dress shoes sliding on the ACFs and walking 9 actually feels good.

I think next time I go to the range I'm going to try to take video and then slow it down so you can see the chassis in action during the swing

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

After reading all the great reviews from all the testers about the new Puma amp cells I decided to give them a shot. I went the vibrant orange and white and wow I am really impressed so far! I have four rounds on them so far and have nothing bad to say! Glad I found this forum before I went out and bought a new pair of spikes. Again thanks for all the information provided about the shoes.

Soaked course at the NE Invitational today meant cart paths only which meant plenty of walking. Feet remained perfectly dry and and my feet felt hardly any fatigue. As I told everyone at the invitational, they are the most comfortable stability shoe I've ever worn.

Hey guys, I just picked up some Puma Amp Sports the other day and they look and feel awesome! I know this thread is for the Amp Cell Fusions, but I just had to comment on this model as this thread helped make my decision to purchase Puma shoes. I have yet to wear these out on the course as it has been wet and I want to keep them pretty, but these shoes just feel so comfy. I wore them indoors today and was swinging my training club with them on and they feel great. The Puma's feel very soft and they grip very well while swinging(on carpet). I feel these may be my main golf shoes and retiring my Footjoys. The price was a very reasonable $99.00 purchased at Dave Diricco's Golf shop in West Springfield,MA great shop BTW. Overall very pleased with these shoes.

Played again Sunday morning - weather was gorgeous but course was still water logged. It was no problem, as I sported my black and orange Amp Cell Fusions. My feet remained dry and comfortable for the entire round.

They did manage to cut the greens, so there were a lot of grass clippings. For as much mud and grass I got caked into my shoes, I did not once lose my grip or slip. Very impressive. Fairly simple to clean the grass out after the round.

Two other points I want to call out with the shoes:

1) The tongue. It is extremely comfortable and very well done. I noted in an earlier post that my main issue with my previous shoes were that the tongue what slide and rotate off to one side and I would need to constantly adjust it. This is not the case with the Puma's.

2) Laces. I have played about 10 rounds in these shoes and I have never had the laces come untied or even loosen to the point where I had to stop and re-tie them mid round. I don't know what I can attribute that to, but it is very impressive to say the least.

Two other points I want to call out with the shoes:

1) The tongue. It is extremely comfortable and very well done. I noted in an earlier post that my main issue with my previous shoes were that the tongue what slide and rotate off to one side and I would need to constantly adjust it. This is not the case with the Puma's.

2) Laces. I have played about 10 rounds in these shoes and I have never had the laces come untied or even loosen to the point where I had to stop and re-tie them mid round. I don't know what I can attribute that to, but it is very impressive to say the least.

With regards to the tongue on these, I think the elasticated straps on the inside of the shoe help a lot to keep it from rotating - it will be interesting to see how they hold up over time and if they start to lose their strength and eventually allow the tongue to move

I haven't been able to play as many rounds as you, but I too haven't had any problems with the laces working loose either

Have got a round booked for this Sunday so will have some more comments after that

Wore my Amp Cell Fusions to the range today (off the mat) an once again had no issues of slipping or over/gripping the range mats. This is the first spiked golf shoe I have worn that doesn't dig into the range maps and limit my foot rotation.

I want a pair of these. Badly.

By the way, way to keep on keeping on in here jlukes. Seriously.

I want a pair of these. Badly.

By the way, way to keep on keeping on in here jlukes. Seriously.

Appreciate the feedback, Jman. It being the first Forum shoe testing, I am trying to set the bar as high as possible.

These shoes are fantastic and would recommend them to anyone looking for a golf shoe that combines high performance with style, comfort, and stability.

Just a quick video I took today at the range. Wanted to show the shoes in action. It's effortless to transfer weight from back to front foot and spin up onto the toes of my right foot while the left foot remains perfectly stable

Whew, that was a lot ot catch up on! Great reviews so far gentleman! I realy like the looks of these, but I'm cautious with Puma's because they always seem to run narrow. I might have to see if the have a wider width somewhere around me to try.

Keep up the great work Jlukes!

Now the real question everyone wants to know, are you gonna be wearing these bad boys in December to take on the ZooCrew?

Keep up the great work Jlukes!

Now the real question everyone wants to know, are you gonna be wearing these bad boys in December to take on the ZooCrew?

These boots were made for stompin #zoocrew

Nice little video Joe! You guys want me really wanting a pair if I can find some colors that work well for me.

No one does tech + flashy better than Puma.

Like jlukes said, these shoes are very comfortable but also very stable and provide plenty of grip on every surface I have walked on up to now

I am not keen on the black with orange, but the white with orange is very smart without being too in your face

As I mentioned earlier, I have got a round booked for Sunday so will see what the ground throws at me and I will pop back with more thoughts after

Just a quick video I took today at the range. Wanted to show the shoes in action. It's effortless to transfer weight from back to front foot and spin up onto the toes of my right foot while the left foot remains perfectly stable

That left foot seems to be really stable.

Sweet video dude. I really love the looks of those!

Another round with these yesterday, the golf we will not talk about as it was absolutely horrendous......I couldn't put a swing on anything all day and only just managed to shoot under 100 on a course that I know I should be shooting mid-80s.....

After my early rounds with these I was a little concerned as to how long it would take for the shoes to break in and soften up a bit around the back of the ankle, but yesterday I had zero issues with any rubbing so I would say they are done now

Comfort - now that these appear to be properly broken in, I can honestly say they are as comfortable as the old shoes I used to wear, with no rubbing and no pinching of the feet anywhere. Once the laces are tied, I have had no issues with them working undone or even working loose - it is as if they have some sort of coating that prevents them moving once they are tied

Stability / Traction - I have yet to experience any slips with these shoes, despite playing on damp surfaces and having played a number of shots that were on sidehill lies, once you plant your feet, the soles of these shoes just cling to the ground. Just to give an example, I had to play one shot with the ball well below my feet on what was probably around a 45* slope and despite the grass being damp the shoes never moved during the swing allowing me to concentrate on trying to get a decent contact on the ball. Even walking down paths from tee boxes provided no worries about grip so I suspect the only surface that might give you problems would be ice....but I won't be playing if it is that bad so I will leave it for someone else to test them on ice :D

After the round yesterday, the soles of the shoes were free of any clogged grass in the front portion, but the heel area did have clogged grass although this had no effect on the traction provided. The upper part of the shoes are still very clean, just needing a quick wipe to remove any grass or other marks that were present - the only 'blemish' to the top of the shoes is going to be the creases caused by walking, which is something that can not be avoided

Another round with these yesterday, the golf we will not talk about as it was absolutely horrendous......I couldn't put a swing on anything all day and only just managed to shoot under 100 on a course that I know I should be shooting mid-80s.....

After my early rounds with these I was a little concerned as to how long it would take for the shoes to break in and soften up a bit around the back of the ankle, but yesterday I had zero issues with any rubbing so I would say they are done now

Comfort - now that these appear to be properly broken in, I can honestly say they are as comfortable as the old shoes I used to wear, with no rubbing and no pinching of the feet anywhere. Once the laces are tied, I have had no issues with them working undone or even working loose - it is as if they have some sort of coating that prevents them moving once they are tied

Stability / Traction - I have yet to experience any slips with these shoes, despite playing on damp surfaces and having played a number of shots that were on sidehill lies, once you plant your feet, the soles of these shoes just cling to the ground. Just to give an example, I had to play one shot with the ball well below my feet on what was probably around a 45* slope and despite the grass being damp the shoes never moved during the swing allowing me to concentrate on trying to get a decent contact on the ball. Even walking down paths from tee boxes provided no worries about grip so I suspect the only surface that might give you problems would be ice....but I won't be playing if it is that bad so I will leave it for someone else to test them on ice :D

After the round yesterday, the soles of the shoes were free of any clogged grass in the front portion, but the heel area did have clogged grass although this had no effect on the traction provided. The upper part of the shoes are still very clean, just needing a quick wipe to remove any grass or other marks that were present - the only 'blemish' to the top of the shoes is going to be the creases caused by walking, which is something that can not be avoided

Nice thoughts man. I am really fired up about these as I am now done with Nike. My achilles acted up again yesterday when I went back to another pair of Nikes. Looking to get some new ones at some point so these are right in my wheelhouse.

They might be expensive compared to what I was looking at paying, but I would say they are well worth a look and if these last me as long as the last pair I had (which was almost 10 years) then these will have cost me just over £10 per year.....can't really complain about the cost when you look at it that way

They might be expensive compared to what I was looking at paying, but I would say they are well worth a look and if these last me as long as the last pair I had (which was almost 10 years) then these will have cost me just over £10 per year.....can't really complain about the cost when you look at it that way

Very true. Thanks again!

Back