Puma Amp Cell Fusion Shoes - Forum Testing Review

Another round with these yesterday, the golf we will not talk about as it was absolutely horrendous......I couldn't put a swing on anything all day and only just managed to shoot under 100 on a course that I know I should be shooting mid-80s.....

After my early rounds with these I was a little concerned as to how long it would take for the shoes to break in and soften up a bit around the back of the ankle, but yesterday I had zero issues with any rubbing so I would say they are done now

Comfort - now that these appear to be properly broken in, I can honestly say they are as comfortable as the old shoes I used to wear, with no rubbing and no pinching of the feet anywhere. Once the laces are tied, I have had no issues with them working undone or even working loose - it is as if they have some sort of coating that prevents them moving once they are tied

Stability / Traction - I have yet to experience any slips with these shoes, despite playing on damp surfaces and having played a number of shots that were on sidehill lies, once you plant your feet, the soles of these shoes just cling to the ground. Just to give an example, I had to play one shot with the ball well below my feet on what was probably around a 45* slope and despite the grass being damp the shoes never moved during the swing allowing me to concentrate on trying to get a decent contact on the ball. Even walking down paths from tee boxes provided no worries about grip so I suspect the only surface that might give you problems would be ice....but I won't be playing if it is that bad so I will leave it for someone else to test them on ice :D

After the round yesterday, the soles of the shoes were free of any clogged grass in the front portion, but the heel area did have clogged grass although this had no effect on the traction provided. The upper part of the shoes are still very clean, just needing a quick wipe to remove any grass or other marks that were present - the only 'blemish' to the top of the shoes is going to be the creases caused by walking, which is something that can not be avoided

Great info, Doctor. Good stuff on the damn conditions, as most of my rounds are early morning rounds here in Florida and the conditions are often wet and soggy. Solid traction with my shoes is a must.

Also, I would like to say Thank You for your reviews in here. You were not an official tester for these, but since you have gotten these you have provided some incredible updates and reviews on these shoes. It is greatly appreciated.

Great info, Doctor. Good stuff on the damn conditions, as most of my rounds are early morning rounds here in Florida and the conditions are often wet and soggy. Solid traction with my shoes is a must.

Also, I would like to say Thank You for your reviews in here. You were not an official tester for these, but since you have gotten these you have provided some incredible updates and reviews on these shoes. It is greatly appreciated.

Totatlly true!

War, it is my pleasure to chip in with anything I can help with - like you said, I am not an official tester, but I just felt that since I had some of these shoes I would throw my thoughts into the pot with those that were chosen and if it helped others make a decision about them, or I provided something that hadn't been discussed then it could only be a help to everyone else

As well as the info, I am more than happy to try to answer any questions that people may want to fire my way

I mentioned this in the ZL testing thread, but I have attached a couple of pics showing the state of the soles following the round yesterday. It has been pretty much the same after each round whenever the ground has been damp, the heel of the shoe will show some clogging of grass but the rest of the shoe only tends to have a bit round each of the spikes. The gravel is from the walk back to the car park as it is a gravel path and car park

IMAG0087_zps1eaeb895.jpg

The top of the shoes, without any cleaning having been done to them

IMAG0088_zpsa23bfae3.jpg

I have also added another picture which I probably should have added earlier in the thread following my issues with finding shoes that didn't cause problems around the ankle area. I took this today as well, deliberately with bare feet so that you can see the problem I have got with finding shoes that don't put pressure on the prominent ankle bone I now have

IMAG0089_zps01eef40f.jpg

As you can see, my ankle bone protrudes quite a bit (and that picture was taken leaning slightly back) which a lot of shoes don't take into account so they put a lot of pressure on the lower side of the bone to the point that some shoes were very painful just standing up, but these are low enough around the ankle to avoid causing any pressure but still provide plenty of support for the foot

Doc - I have noticed the exact same thing RE: grass clumping only in the heel spikes. Not too shabby.

Played 18 in a scramble today and got a bunch of compliments on my shoes.

They stayed bone dry during the morning holes when their was tons of dew on the ground and I experience no slipping at all. Another flawless round as far as shoes can go: no slipping, no chaffing, new blistering, no excess sweating, no water inside the shoe, no needing to re-tie laces or re-adjust the tongue.

If anyone is in the market for a premium golf shoe, they would be foolish not to give the Puma Amp Cell Fusion a try.

Thanks to the testers in this thread, as well as TheDoctor who added a wealth of information after a purchase of these shoes. This testing is now complete, feel free to update this thread with your findings going forward.

Doc - I have noticed the exact same thing RE: grass clumping only in the heel spikes. Not too shabby.

Played 18 in a scramble today and got a bunch of compliments on my shoes.

They stayed bone dry during the morning holes when their was tons of dew on the ground and I experience no slipping at all. Another flawless round as far as shoes can go: no slipping, no chaffing, new blistering, no excess sweating, no water inside the shoe, no needing to re-tie laces or re-adjust the tongue.

If anyone is in the market for a premium golf shoe, they would be foolish not to give the Puma Amp Cell Fusion a try.

So your feet were the only dry part of your lower body after coming out of the jungle on Sunday at Lyman? If they were dry after that then they get my thumbs up.

I'm buying a pair of these off of the EvilBay this coming up Friday!

War, as said previously, it was a pleasure to drop my thoughts in here

For anyone else who has any questions, I will do my best to answer them, and I will continue to add any further thoughts as time goes on

So your feet were the only dry part of your lower body after coming out of the jungle on Sunday at Lyman? If they were dry after that then they get my thumbs up.

I'm buying a pair of these off of the EvilBay this coming up Friday!

Haha indeed they were.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

War, as said previously, it was a pleasure to drop my thoughts in here

For anyone else who has any questions, I will do my best to answer them, and I will continue to add any further thoughts as time goes on

It's been great being able to discuss these with you. Looking forward to seeing if they hold up for both of us over the long run.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Can anyone tell me how these compare to the TW line? (either '13 or '14) I'm looking to get a good pair of shoes to walk in, so any recommendations (these, TWs or anything else) would be great. I have a pair of True Tours that I love, but I'd like something with actual spikes.

Can anyone tell me how these compare to the TW line? (either '13 or '14) I'm looking to get a good pair of shoes to walk in, so any recommendations (these, TWs or anything else) would be great. I have a pair of True Tours that I love, but I'd like something with actual spikes.
Personally, I would think these would be more of a walking shoe than the TWs/

I only ever walk and have found these comfortable, stable and other than a couple blisters whilst breaking them in (I walked the second and third rounds on consecutive days at the Belfry about a week after I got them) they have given me no trouble at all

Grip has never been an issue on any surface and even with damp conditions I have not had wet feet either

I would say they are well worth considering but I can't offer any comparisons to the TW range as I didn't try them on

I wore these twice over the weekend, once walking and once riding, and neither time did they disappoint. It's hard to believe that they could be more comfortable, but now that they've been warn over a dozen times they feel even better!

I want the white/silver so damn bad, I just can't drop 140+ on golf shoes. Hopefully around December or so I'll be able to catch a deal.

I want the white/silver so damn bad, I just can't drop 140+ on golf shoes. Hopefully around December or so I'll be able to catch a deal.

I know exactly what you mean - I couldn't justify the price until Jen said she would pay half as an early birthday gift, but like I mentioned earlier in the thread, if they last me as long as the last pair it will have cost me very little per year which makes it easier to stomach

that's how I am too.

What are you getting for the MC?

haven't not heard yet. We were asked initially if we wanted spiked or spikeless. I asked for spiked because I really like these and the ZL shoes, but ultimately they are making the decision.

haven't not heard yet. We were asked initially if we wanted spiked or spikeless. I asked for spiked because I really like these and the ZL shoes, but ultimately they are making the decision.
My thought process as well!

Jonas rocking the silver and white Amp Cell Fusions during his round today

#jman

Might have to update this thread soon.... I found a pair of the white/orange ones for a song, may have to go back in buy them!

Not as loud as I was expecting them to be when I saw them in person. Love the style of them.

Nice Ryan! I still want a pair of Bmik-style baby blues... Any reason why you'd go after a pair of these over let's say the Faas Lites?

You should dude am then compare them to the ZL's

Nice Ryan! I still want a pair of Bmik-style baby blues... Any reason why you'd go after a pair of these over let's say the Faas Lites?
I like the Faas lites, but I just worry about the mesh in the early morning rounds I play when it is quite wet.

Back