Puma Amp Cell Fusion Shoes - Forum Testing Review

So has anyone that's owned these experienced any issues with the soles splitting where the shoe flexes? I have owned two pair of the 2012 model. The first pair that I bought in September 2012 split by April of this year. The second pair didn't last a month. After doing more research, I found other customers that experienced the same issue. Since they no longer manufacture the same model, Puma sent me the 2013 model as a replacement for the first pair (I got store credit on the 2nd pair), but the soles appear to be the same. Just wondering if they maybe changed the materials a bit to prevent that or if I'm just going to run into the same issue.

No issues at all. Checked for any signs of it on both my pair and nothing to see.

Thanks for the quick reply. Any idea on how many rounds you've played with them? I had about 25-30 in my first pair when I noticed them and around 10-12 on the 2nd.

I have probably 10 rounds in each along with multiple range sessions. Almost all rounds have been walking

Jman, those shoes are looking good - I didn't think it would be too long before you ended up with a pair of them :D

Dwolf - I don't have too many rounds in mine yet, but have had plenty of range sessions and I can't say I have noticed any kind of damage appearing, but I will check them later when I get home and if there is any sign of anything I will post back, and like jlukes, all walking which includes walking on gravel as well to and from the car at one of the courses

eja9yqu3.jpg

One HELL of a deal plus selling a driver to a member at my home course lead to these.
I'm super jealous man, those look awesome!

Glad you finally got them James, super sharp!!

Will be interested to hear your thoughts and if they match with mine - took me a couple of rounds for the rubbing to stop on my 'funny shaped' ankle but they are very comfortable, stable and loads of grip. I have never managed to lose my footing anywhere on the course yet

So they were pretty stiff for the first round out (walked the course). Quite a bit of chaffing on my heel but no blisters thankfully. Other than that they were super stable and my feet feel fine today. All said, they are a great shoe! Wish I could afford a second pair :D

So they were pretty stiff for the first round out (walked the course). Quite a bit of chaffing on my heel but no blisters thankfully. Other than that they were super stable and my feet feel fine today. All said, they are a great shoe! Wish I could afford a second pair :D

Yeah, the rubbing on the heel was the thing that caused me some bother but I have that solved with an ankle support strap and the shoes are so comfortable

If I could afford a second pair it would the white and silver ones that JMan has just picked up, they look great

Yeah, the rubbing on the heel was the thing that caused me some bother but I have that solved with an ankle support strap and the shoes are so comfortable

If I could afford a second pair it would the white and silver ones that JMan has just picked up, they look great

What is an ankle support strap?

Wore these on the course with my SeeMore Swiftwicks and MAN was it nice to be back in spikes that are COMFY. I'm impressed so far, no breaking in period needed.

What is an ankle support strap?

It is an elasticated dressing that I used during recovery from twisted ankles following football injuries. Due to the design it supports the ankle, but I used it to prevent the rubbing from the shoes - image below of the one I use

IMAG0167_zpsaabf5c3d.jpg

It is an elasticated dressing that I used during recovery from twisted ankles following football injuries. Due to the design it supports the ankle, but I used it to prevent the rubbing from the shoes - image below of the one I use

Interesting, I was thinking of just wearing thicker socks for the first few rounds. Seems like it would have a similar effect.

Well on the 5th hole yesterday the skies opened up and it became a complete downpour, unfortunately I didn't bring an umbrella as the forecast said there was only a 10% chance of rain.

Anyway, these shoes really are waterproof! We finished up the round and it was constantly raining the entire time and my feet were nice and dry. They are pretty much broken in now and super comfortable. Awesome shoes!

I have a pair of these arriving today. Can't wait to get them out on the course.

I have a pair of these arriving today. Can't wait to get them out on the course.
Which color did you get?

Nice one ddec, looking forward to seeing pics

Oh you do, do you!! Don't forget the deal that you said a pair would be thrown out if you got a new pair.

Oh you do, do you!! Don't forget the deal that you said a pair would be thrown out if you got a new pair.

you are lucky I only have 1 pair coming. But don't you worry. Man of my word

Look what arrived!

pe4e2eja.jpg
uqyzedyj.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377296202573.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377296202573.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 0
Back