Puma Amp Cell Fusion Shoes - Forum Testing Review

The Puma on the inside looks awesome.

Like the look of those ddec

Ok folks, for those of you who also have these, have any of you lost any spikes yet?

I went to clean my shoes today and found I was missing the front left spike from my left shoe - it has obviously come off during the round and I never noticed or lost any grip, but the fitting was filled with mud

So I decided to remove all of the spikes to give them a good clean and managed to break part of the fast fit system on the bottom of another spike, but I suspect it was because I had problems getting it out, so my advice would be to make sure the holes for the spike wrench are as empty as possible (as in you can see the red base) otherwise you will struggle to release them and will possibly damage the spikes. The shoes and fittings in the shoes are fine but thought people might want to know that these spikes can be a pit of a pain to remove if they are too clogged up with any dirt

Interesting. Have had no problems with either pair of mine. Haven't even tightened up any of the spikes since I got them

Never had to tighten mine due to the fast lock system, and it would seem that due to the difficulty I had in removing a couple of them, it is designed to either be completely locked or once you get them twisted to unlock they will pop out fairly easy

So once I get back in a couple weeks I will have to go out and get some replacements and might keep the spares in my bag in case I notice any going missing during any future rounds

So I can't even count how many rounds it's been between both pairs of my amp cell fusions but they have held up wonderfully. No spike issues and no excessive spike wear.

I know fine well I haven't played as many rounds as you have jlukes, but I can also state that other than the lost spike (and I still can't work out how I lost it other than it must have somehow twisted and dropped while I was walking??) I have had no problems with my shoes either

Cleaning the top of the shoes is so simple, a wet cloth and wipe them down and that is done. The soles can be a bit more fiddly with the number of grooves and the depth of a couple of them, but if I spent a little bit of time to really clean the soles I have no doubt that they would look almost new, with the only tell-tale sign being the crease across the toe-box where they naturally bend when walking

Unfortunately, due to the change in weather (could hardly see a thing on the motorway at times this morning due to the rain), I suspect that further rounds this year will be limited, so they will probably be confined to range time only for the forseeable months until next year now

One thing I have been meaning to do is take the laces off my white ones to wash since they've gotten a little brown-ish. Will post an update after I clean them.

One thing I have been meaning to do is take the laces off my white ones to wash since they've gotten a little brown-ish. Will post an update after I clean them.
I've always wanted to try that, let me know how it goes.

I had white shoe laces on my white and black tux lux. They lasted 1 round. I just went out and bought black laces and called it a day.

I've always wanted to try that, let me know how it goes.

+1 on letting us know how it goes - mine are fine still but no doubt it will be needed eventually

Have you got round to cleaning your laces yet? Just asking as after my round at the weekend I could probably do with taking mine off to clean so was wondering if you had done it yet and how you did it and the results?

Edit - Just thought I should add that despite how wet the course was at the weekend, I came off the course with dry feet still despite the soggy fairways and deep rough so I have to say they are 100% better at keeping my feet dry than my previous shoes were

Just cleaned them today! Took them off and put them in a bowl with with shout and a tiny bit of bleach. Let them sit for about 6 hours and then rinsed them off. Look as good as new!

vuzu8u9a.jpg

qezuqe2e.jpg

I snagged a pair of these on ebay for $60. My wife probably won't be happy with me when they arrive, since I really don't need more shoes. But sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Wore these to walk 22 holes on Tuesday and 18 today. Still the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn

I tried these on a couple weeks ago, since they were on clearance. This is based purely personal preference, but I was not impressed....in fact I was downright disappointed. They were large, clunky, and I felt like I might as well be wearing boxes or dutch clogs on my feet. I just had no feel with the ground while wearing these. But, that is also a personal preference. I have never been a fan of 'sneaker' style golf shoes for this reason, which is that I want my shoes to be like a glove, and just an extension of my feet.

On the positive side, they were lightweight, had a nice cleat/sole design, and appeared to provide better than average support to my foot.

~Rock

I need to pull the trigger on these already, I really do. NEED. They are just so badass.

I need to pull the trigger on these already, I really do. NEED. They are just so badass.

Last years? Or did you mean the Bio Cells?

Last years? Or did you mean the Bio Cells?

Last years, dirt cheap, I'd like to have a non white pair.

But let's face it, Bio Cell's too.

Back