Puma golf "excellent golf wear"

Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
I am not sure about this one.. I am not one that really cares about dress code. I pretty much only play public courses a few of those being muni's and the dress there covers the whole spectrum.

But this.. I am not digging it for golf. I think I could get it and be happy as lounge wear and going to the gym though. .

Its not too bad. Better than wearing jeans on the course.

LOVE Cobra/Puma and their two representatives but $85 sweatpant/jogger is not in my future!!

Dressier than what I see at my local course. Not really my thing. But then again, I went out in lightweight basketball warmup pants and a long sleeved t-shirt this past weekend. Sometimes I just don't want to take the time to put on a collared shirt and golf pants.

~Rock

Oh... @Canadan your closet must be getting so full!

I could go with cloud spun Henley shirt but nothing else. Wouldn’t call it golf attire.

The line is using the cloudspun tech so I’m sure each piece is incredibly comfortable to wear, just wouldn’t be my style on course. I may get down with some of the items off the course though

Why are these companies trying to make "regular" type clothes and call them golf attire? Just to spread into that market? I can't call this stuff golf attire either. Don't want to, and don't want to wear it on the course. Lounging around after, maybe......

Why are these companies trying to make "regular" type clothes and call them golf attire? Just to spread into that market? I can't call this stuff golf attire either. Don't want to, and don't want to wear it on the course. Lounging around after, maybe......

Because a few tour players wore shirts with no collar during some tour events. It is natural evolution to move away from the collared shirt now to what is essentially a t-shirt made of moisture wicking material. Not that it's new. Such t-shirts have existed for a long time. I have several I would wear while running. But now they put the word "golf" in front of it and tripled the price.

~Rock

As a 47 year old old 30 plus years golfer (bloody hell, that’s the oldest sounding thing I’ve probably posted in my life!!!!) not for me, and probably not aimed at me. I still have nightmares about wearing those ridiculous mock neck things Tiger made all the rage 20 odd years ago LOL. If I was in my teens again, then I’d probably wear the stuff.

Wouldn't fly at my course, collared shirt required so I don't think even the Henley would work. And I don't see the day coming that I'd spend $45 on a t-shirt, I don't care how comfortable it is (and pocket t-shirts? Really???). That whole line is a miss for me, but I'm sure a lot of the younger crowd playing on low-key munis will like it.

this release to me says "driving range appropriate"..... I would not wear anything from this line out on the course

What? I like the mock collar or blade collar or whatever it's called... and I wore it 30 years ago (10 years before Tiger made it famous) when they were made by Bugle Boy.:ROFLMAO: I liked the preacher collars then too... they were different at the time in my opinion.

But I'm not spending the dollars Puma is asking for golf clothing. And I like Puma... I just can't justify paying $80 and up for a polo.

I'm going to activate old man mode here, and comment it is a sad place we have arrived at where a $45 pocket crekneck tee is a thing. I should be able to buy those in three packs for $20 (and I do.). And $85 sweatpants. Like Jessica Korda said...

jessica-korda-witb-2020c.png

All of that would work on my home muni. The price is the only thing that I don't like for stuff that is supposed to be as casual as it is. But I would wear the crewneck sweater and the joggers on a chilly day on the course in a heartbeat. Though I would also know that a lot of this isn't acceptable at higher class courses and I also have no problem with that.

And $85 sweatpants.

Unless you get them from somewhere like Old Navy, that seems to be the sweet spot price right now. I get a load of ads on my Instagram feed from these new athletic companies, and all the sweats seem to be in the $85 price range. Seems a little over the top to me.

I thought they had signed Stenson for a minute. That guy looked so much like him.

Unless you get them from somewhere like Old Navy, that seems to be the sweet spot price right now. I get a load of ads on my Instagram feed from these new athletic companies, and all the sweats seem to be in the $85 price range. Seems a little over the top to me.

Stop buying fancy sweatpants, you won't see as many show up on your Instafeed! ;) :LOL:

1619547398744.png

Pretty expensive for me but I am sure are very comfortable, wouldn't pass though at my home golf course though as golf attire.

I golfed in track pants last weekend. The crew neck looks really comfortable and nice for this time of year.

Big pass from me. For people talking about comfort, I recently bought a 6 dollar pair of pants from Costco just to wear it while roofing so I can ruin them but dang are they comfortable! Price doesn't always mean comfort.

Pass from me.

Back