PUMA IGNITE PROADAPT Golf Shoes

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

PUMA Golf’s IGNITE PROADAPT footwear delivers Tour-proven stability, unparalleled traction and extreme comfort, in a superior, sophisticated package, designed with the world’s best golfers in mind. The PROADAPT shoe’s outsole utilizes Dual-Durometer Tornado Cleats which deliver excellent traction, along with torsional stability provided from the full length PROADAPT TPU outsole. The shoe also features a stable, full-grain leather upper design, preferred by PGA Tour professional Rickie Fowler. Fowler debuted PROADAPT earlier this season and relied on them during his recent victory at the Waste Management Phoenix Open.

“During the footwear design and creation process, we work with our Tour team, utilizing their feedback to deliver shoes that reflect the feel and performance desired by the best golfers in the world,” said Andrew Lawson, Footwear Product Line Manager at PUMA Golf. “Rickie was involved from the earliest stages of design, expressing his desire for an upper that provides a ton of support with premium styling. Better players will love these shoes as they offer comfort, maximum stability, ground traction and motion control through your golf swing.”

The IGNITE PROADAPT footwear comes equipped with a one-year waterproof warranty and utilize key PUMA technologies including:

Pro-Fit Insole – This ultra-soft, yet supportive PU insole provides excellent fit, performance and long-lasting comfort on the course.
Adaptive Fit System – Dual-layer, decoupled collar construction utilizes premium full-grain leather materials and a molded comfort collar to provide the comfort of a running shoe, but the look of a high-end leather shoe.
Atlantis Leather Upper – Ultra-premium, full-grain leather upper delivers soft feel, enhanced quality and sophisticated look.
IGNITE Foam – Revolutionary and proprietary PU foam provides ideal energy return, responsive comfort, stable cushioning and superior step-in comfort eliminating typical new footwear “break-in period.”
Pro-Form TPU – Premium TPU Outsole compound delivers high performance, grip and abrasion resistance on all surfaces
Tornado Cleat – a dual talon, low-profile cleat provides excellent traction and long-lasting abrasion resistance, and is easy to change out using the Fast Twist 3.0 system.

The PROADAPTs are available in three eye-catching colorways (White/Gray Violet, Black/Dark Shadow and Gray Violet/White) and feature a retail price of $200. In addition to the core PROADAPT collection, PUMA Golf will introduce several limited edition PROADAPT shoes throughout the year. Keep an eye out for the first two at the 2019 Arnold Palmer Invitational and PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP, respectively.

The PUMA IGNITE PROADAPT’s are available now for pre-sale on PUMGAGOLF.com and at select retailers. They will hit stores on March 13, 2019.

ignite_proadapt_white_gray_violet-min.jpg
ignite_proadapt_black_dark_shadow-min.jpg
ignite_proadapt_gray_violet_white-min.jpg

ignite_proadapt_rickie_inspired-min.jpg

Really dig these versions. i was a fan of the ignite spiked shoes, looking forward to trying these ones out.

Super excited for the Arnold Palmer ones

I’ve been waiting for an update on their spiked shoes that are leather.

Look solid. Very solid.

The Titantour Ignute was too narrow for me - wonder if this will prove to be the same. Nice looking !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very excited to see these come out. Have been a fan of this style more so than last years model. The gray will need to be had.

Curious as to why the Titantour nomenclature was dropped for the *ADAPT naming as they're pretty much the same thing. Do these use the same pods as on the PWRADAPT?

edit: nevermind they're standard non-pod cleats

I want the black pair.

Was told by the rep two years ago that they were thinking about dropping the tour leather shoe because of low sale, really glad to see that they didn't go through with that thought.

Yes! I've been wondering when an update to their leather shoes was coming. Like the looks a lot.

The Titantour Ignute was too narrow for me - wonder if this will prove to be the same. Nice looking !

More proof my feet are unique. TitanTour lines have been the best fitting and most comfortable tour shoes I’ve owned.

Happy to see an updated version

I love the look and really only play golf now in my four pairs of 2017/18 TitanTour Ignites. They are the most comfortable leather golf shoes I’ve ever owned which is why I picked up 3 more pairs in the 6 months after buying the first pair. These new ones will definitely be added to the collection, in black first. I hope the fit is on the narrow side like the old ones.

Wonder when the website will update with them. Still just shows NXT being the new shoe. I really liked the green ones he wore at the waste management.

Love the look of the shoe, just a no go for me due to my fat feet not being able to squeeze into the narrow width of them.

Another pic from the website;

676a58b570e774fe971f4997ca54efbe.jpg

Awesome profile but that heel portion material is definitely concerning to me when it comes to waterproofing. If I am buying a full leather shoe it's purely for the waterproofing benefits, and that hits as a red flag.

Really like the looks of the white and gray pairs.

I like the looks and dig the violet.

Another pic from the website;

676a58b570e774fe971f4997ca54efbe.jpg

Awesome profile but that heel portion material is definitely concerning to me when it comes to waterproofing. If I am buying a full leather shoe it's purely for the waterproofing benefits, and that hits as a red flag.

Sounds like you need hi tops lol

PUMA IGNITE PROADAPT Golf Shoes

I think the grey and orange colorway will be headed here on 3/13. I hope they end up actually being waterproof

I think the grey and orange colorway will be headed here on 3/13. I hope they end up actually being waterproof

The prior generations of these have been superb in that dept

these look pretty nice to me. i do share Dan's concern about waterproofing in the heel.

i wonder if there will be a spikeless version...we need a new biodrive leather.

Those look great !

I will definitely look into those when they hit the shelves.

@jman, your wallet is so screwed. From Golf Galaxy's website:

9b38aa20953bc89626afa5bd04547574.jpg

Back