PUMA Ignite PWRADAPT CAGED

I’m not seeing the caged disc in a wide only the laced version. Can anyone confirm that? Looking for a 13 wide. Prefer the disc if available.

Grabbed a pair of these over the weekend. In all honesty I picked them because they were the only black shoes that fit me at DSG & I thought they looked pretty good. Gamed them in league on Tuesday and man they are comfortable. Only nit would be that I can feel the spikes when I'm walking on the cart path, but I've been wearing a lot of spikeless lately so it may just be me. On the grass though they were great. Didn't notice any slippage issues other than me walking out of a few because I don't fully trust my back right now. Great shoes that will probably get another round this weekend. If these end up working out for me, I could totally see getting into a colorway collection issue.

EDIT: I wasn't sure about the sock like upper, but after playing 9 in them I'm definitely a fan.

I have really enjoyed this pair of shoes. The colorway is just fun. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the spike system will hold up.

C8846018-6943-4F1A-A69C-98142B194CD1.jpeg

Sizing question. I have never worn Puma golf or running shoes before, my running shoes are Asics and golf shoes are FJs. How do these shoes fit long ways (narrow/medium width)? I've read in this thread where a couple people have said the inner sock is a bit snug and some product reviews on various retail sites have noted that they sized down. Can't seem to find a pair in store around me to try on. My running and golf shoes are 10.5.

How are these holding up? I got a pair but am terrified to break them out.

I am not wearing them a ton, because I have a pretty good rotation. I am not thrilled with how hard it is to keep the textured top clean. However, so far, so good on the spike system.

I am not wearing them a ton, because I have a pretty good rotation. I am not thrilled with how hard it is to keep the textured top clean. However, so far, so good on the spike system.
The good news is that the spiked seem to be rock solid this time. I'm finding mine look a lot dirtier than I'd have thought they would. I have the disc system on mine. If they were laces, I wouldn't hesitate to throw them in the washing machine. Don't know how the disc ones would hold up in there.

Still my most comfortable pair of shoes though.

The good news is that the spiked seem to be rock solid this time. I'm finding mine look a lot dirtier than I'd have thought they would. I have the disc system on mine. If they were laces, I wouldn't hesitate to throw them in the washing machine. Don't know how the disc ones would hold up in there.

Still my most comfortable pair of shoes though.
Haven't had any issues with mine. Spike pods are solid and haven't noticed any cracking at all.

I’ve had a similar set before and the white turned brownish fast but that’s the nature of the beast.

Unfortunately, this happened to my shoes on Saturday after only having them since April this year - went to tighten them and heard a snap :cry:
Luckily I had taken a spare pair of spiked shoes with me as the weather forecast was for wet weather, otherwise I would have been trying to find somewhere to purchase some new shoes for the rest of the weekend away

Puma shoes.jpg

I dropped the company I purchased them from an email on Saturday evening and got a reply back early Monday morning asking for some further details, but due to the fact we were away I wasn't able to provide everything they needed until yesterday
This morning I have had an email stating that the information and pictures have been forwarded to their accounts team at Puma, and the guy I have been dealing with says he thinks it should be pretty straight forward and he will get back to me as soon as he hears from Puma

Unfortunately, this happened to my shoes on Saturday after only having them since April this year - went to tighten them and heard a snap :cry:
Luckily I had taken a spare pair of spiked shoes with me as the weather forecast was for wet weather, otherwise I would have been trying to find somewhere to purchase some new shoes for the rest of the weekend away

View attachment 8962603

I dropped the company I purchased them from an email on Saturday evening and got a reply back early Monday morning asking for some further details, but due to the fact we were away I wasn't able to provide everything they needed until yesterday
This morning I have had an email stating that the information and pictures have been forwarded to their accounts team at Puma, and the guy I have been dealing with says he thinks it should be pretty straight forward and he will get back to me as soon as he hears from Puma
Yikes. No bueno.

the guy I have been dealing with says he thinks it should be pretty straight forward
Worst case scenario should it be necessary, it's a simple fix if you can find the right size and length replacement wire.

Worst case scenario should it be necessary, it's a simple fix if you can find the right size and length replacement wire.
According to the guy I have been dealing with, he gives me the impression it will be a simple replacement of the shoes, he just needs the go-ahead from higher up

Yeah, I saw the thread that popped up on here a while ago about how to replace the wire, so assuming I don't have to send these shoes back I may well give that a try at some point if the wire has snapped in such a way that I can still thread the remainder through, or alternatively I will look for some replacement wire and give it a go

Just had an update from the company regarding my shoes - Puma have asked me to destroy the faulty shoes, so I need to take a picture to prove that has been done and then the replacements shoes will be sent out to me

All in, I sent the first email on Saturday evening to which they responded Monday morning, and a couple emails later (including a delay due to me being out of contact whilst on the course and an issue with my email) asking for certain bits of information and proof of the issue and once I send the final picture this evening to prove the faulty shoes have been destroyed, a replacement pair will be shipped out possibly tomorrow or Friday

Certainly can't fault the customer service of the company, which is called Function18

Puma have asked me to destroy the faulty shoes
Such a shame that this is easier and/or more cost-effective than just stocking some replacement wires.

Just had an update from the company regarding my shoes - Puma have asked me to destroy the faulty shoes, so I need to take a picture to prove that has been done and then the replacements shoes will be sent out to me

All in, I sent the first email on Saturday evening to which they responded Monday morning, and a couple emails later (including a delay due to me being out of contact whilst on the course and an issue with my email) asking for certain bits of information and proof of the issue and once I send the final picture this evening to prove the faulty shoes have been destroyed, a replacement pair will be shipped out possibly tomorrow or Friday

Certainly can't fault the customer service of the company, which is called Function18

Have fun with that haha

Such a shame that this is easier and/or more cost-effective than just stocking some replacement wires.
After doing what I needed to do I actually had a go at redoing the wire and it was quite simple although I suspect it could be a bit more fiddly doing it with it attached to the shoe
Have fun with that haha
Haha, they asked me to cut the tongues out of the shoes so not too drastic a destruction

After doing what I needed to do I actually had a go at redoing the wire and it was quite simple although I suspect it could be a bit more fiddly doing it with it attached to the shoe

Haha, they asked me to cut the tongues out of the shoes so not too drastic a destruction

that is a bit of a letdown haha

What great timing. Heard a noise while on the range before men’s league tonight. Looked down and...

2AE8C471-EC59-4702-9429-4E49C00422FF.jpeg

I have only had these since the end of May. The 2 pair of ignite nxt with the disc haven’t had any issues.

Pods last year. Disc wires this year.

I love the disc. I got a spikeless non disc pair and haven’t worn them only because I love sliding the disc ones on and hearing that sound.

What great timing. Heard a noise while on the range before men’s league tonight. Looked down and...

I have only had these since the end of May. The 2 pair of ignite nxt with the disc haven’t had any issues.
That sucks, but I don't know whether to be pleased someone else has had an issue or not...

Update on my shoes - I have had a notification to say my replacements will be delivered at lunchtime today, so it has taken less than a week since I sent the original email Saturday evening to getting the matter resolved

With how easy I found it to redo the wire in the original pair, I am wondering how feasible it would be to get something along the lines of badminton racket string to use as a replacement in case this was to happen again at some point in the future after the shoes are out of warranty? I was thinking badminton racket string as I played a lot, and it may be possible to get some thin enough to work with the DISC system - my only question is how much torque do the shoes put on the system and whether or not the racket string would be able to cope with it?

This is all assuming there isn't somewhere online where you can purchase the wire used in the system already?

Sizing question. I have never worn Puma golf or running shoes before, my running shoes are Asics and golf shoes are FJs. How do these shoes fit long ways (narrow/medium width)? I've read in this thread where a couple people have said the inner sock is a bit snug and some product reviews on various retail sites have noted that they sized down. Can't seem to find a pair in store around me to try on. My running and golf shoes are 10.5.

My I'm a bit narrower than normal but not narrow enough to wear a narrow shoe. Puma's fit me great and I currently rotate three pairs of Proadapt and one pair of Pwradapt Caged all in size 10.5. Footjoys don't really fit my feet very well, 10.5 are just a tiny bit short in length and 11's are too sloppy. My three pairs of Asics running shoes are size 11 and the 10.5 Puma's have a very similar fit in length and width, FWIW.

@jfrigo1003 has he gotten the chicago version? I'm strongly considering it even with no ties to the city.

Back