bgammill

Reaction score
Handicap
Here are some pictures I took at a course I played in Dominican Republic. The course is Punta Espada Golf Club and is ranked #1 in the Caribbean. I played it with a bunch of old buddies, one who is a PGA teaching pro, and his father who also teaches and played some on the senior tour, both who said it was the most beautiful course they have ever played. They've played Pebble, Skyglass, and many other great courses so it says a lot about this course. Very very hard course.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0822.jpg
    IMG_0822.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0825.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0826.jpg
    IMG_0826.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0827.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0828.jpg
    IMG_0828.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0830.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Those are some great pics, I bet that was a fun filled trip!

Beautiful course! It does look like it would be a tough course, some great looks off the tee on some of those holes.

Wow what a beautiful looking course

Great pictures of a beautiful course.

Wow, absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing with us.

Beautiful pictures. Beautiful course.

That looks fantastic, thanks for putting them up here for us!

It was beautiful and I'm sure it will be one of the nicest courses I ever play. It was a very hard course! I'm a 4 at my home course and shot a 79 here. Not bad but when the caddie told me Freddie Couples shot 62 here in an event. Here are the course statistics... 7,396 yards 137 slope and 77 rating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow what an awesome looking course!

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing

Those are some great pics, and with some local wild life to boot..

This thread takes me back, I played this course a couple of years ago, it was one of the best golfing experiences of my life! The conditions are amazing, and the views are really nice as well.

What tees did you play 13 from? That's the par 3 where you basically hit over a cliff to a green that is slightly elevated, I played it from about 210 yards. I have a thread about that course somewhere on here.

Embedded photos.

This thread takes me back, I played this course a couple of years ago, it was one of the best golfing experiences of my life! The conditions are amazing, and the views are really nice as well.

What tees did you play 13 from? That's the par 3 where you basically hit over a cliff to a green that is slightly elevated, I played it from about 210 yards. I have a thread about that course somewhere on here.

We played the course from the tips. The course is pretty long at almost 7400 yards and 13 played 253 yards from the tips. It was by far the most intimidating shots I've ever hit. The fifth picture in is on the tee box of 13 from the tips. Great golf hole.

That is a beauty , Looks like more sand than grass though which leads to a high score for me .

What a beautiful course! Thanks for the pics.

That is a beauty , Looks like more sand than grass though which leads to a high score for me .

There was a ton of sand, or waste bunkers. Greenside and some fairway bunkers had the good sand everything else was rocky and very hard to hit out of.

This course looks absolutely amazing. It may be vacation time... great pictures

We played the course from the tips. The course is pretty long at almost 7400 yards and 13 played 253 yards from the tips. It was by far the most intimidating shots I've ever hit. The fifth picture in is on the tee box of 13 from the tips. Great golf hole.

You are a beast! I played it from the 6800 yards tees and thought it was a pretty stern test from those tees. Playing 13 from 253 yards seems ridiculously hard.

Gorgeous scenery. I'd almost not care how I shot, so long as I could keep enjoying those views!

I played this course back in April when I went to Punta Cana and this was my favorite course I have ever played. The views on the course and the overall conditions were just fantastic. I have been very luck to play some other great courses, such as; Bethpage Black, Bulle Rock, Mystic Rock, Wolfe Creek, Old Corkscrew, and this was by far the best for overall experience and layout.

It isn't cheap, but if you get down there, it is a most play!

Back