Push cart etiquette

Only courses I know of that allows pushing a cart across the greens are at Bandon Dunes Resort.

Yeah firm fescue on sandy soil that drains you can roll it anywhere.

Lots of good stuff here. One note I have about a push cart is using an umbrella. First, the stretchy cords with the holder that come with most carts will pull apart at the plastic fastener with minimal force. Catch some wind and boom there goes the umbrella. It is also not always easy to use those cords to hold down the umbrella. I can tell you from experience that when an umbrella flies off a push cart and hits you, it can actually hurt. It is also comical trying to catch one tumbling in the wind.
What's the answer to keep the umbrella in place if the supplied bungee cord isn't sufficient?

No greens or bunkers. Off to the side of tees. Stay in bounds. Use brake, face cart sidehill to keep from rolling, I have retrieved mine from swimming twice.
Twice? What's the story with those? just a little wet or completely submerged?:eek:

I have to ride due to knee issues. But i will walk as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the answer to keep the umbrella in place if the supplied bungee cord isn't sufficient?

I knot it. Pulls out of plastic fastener that they all seem to use. But at some point I haven't found a good solution in bigger winds other than to hold onto the umbrella.

I knot it. Pulls out of plastic fastener that they all seem to use. But at some point I haven't found a good solution in bigger winds other than to hold onto the umbrella.
Ok cool. I've yet to use mine and never considered that. I'd rather not chase mine across the course.

In England they are called trolleys too. I think most here would not expect you to put on the tee box ... I’ve never seen that happen in the UK. For speed of play, when you get to the green, park the trolley off the green on the side nearest to the route to the next tee. Enjoy the walk ... I always walk with an electric trolley or, if trolleys are banned due to very wet ground, walk with carry bag.

I am walking tomorrow for the first time in about 3 years. I remember liking the walk, just lazy, and avoid the crotch chaffe like crazy however I can.
I did find this stuff called chamois butter (designed for cyclists) and use it for work (wear a tuxedo) it works. Probably use it tomorrow to be safe.
Important to keep the cart where you need it. Good part is you can take the walking cart where the riding cart can’t go!

Haha you mentioning the chafe cracks me up! I’m a mountain biker and use it for that. Never used it for golf, but planned to on my trip to Bandon Dunes for walking multiple rounds a day for a few days in a row. It’s good stuff!

To the OP, not much etiquette to know about for pushing a cart. Maybe don’t park it right on top the tee box. You will also figure out times when you can leave the cart near the next tee box and take your putter/wedges to the green and not have to huff it up/down any further than necessary.

No go on greens and tee boxes. I would avoid standing water and very soggy turf too.

Back