HOW TO Push Notification Now Available

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Push Notifications are now available if you use Chrome, Firefox or have an Android device. Apple apparently hates push because it's not available on any of their iOS devices, however if you use Chrome on a Mac it does work.

To get Push Notifications, go to your avatar/username at the top right and click preferences. Then scroll down and you will see a bit box that says Enable Push Notification. Push that and you should be good to go. You may have to adjust settings in your browser or phone, but you are set from the forum side.

Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 9.26.27 PM.png

I was just given this notification when I turned on the Chromebook (y)

Bringing updates to the masses!

Awesome!!!! Would it work if I use chrome app on my iPhone?

Push it real good

Awesome!!!! Would it work if I use chrome app on my iPhone?

From what I can tell, there are no notification options for the chrome app

Doesn’t work with Firefox on iPad. It’s an iOS thing, not an app thing. I may be wrong, but I think Apple blocks browsers from being able to send push notifications.

Yea that would make sense for me

I have this same question

Dumping tapatalk would be ideal

you can do that now...trust me. You will never look back.

60473b150aa8851a5c474e27bc77e2cd.jpg

Hopefully they’ll change it soon!!!

Lately I just use Tapatalk as my notifications and just go straight to safari app to get to the forums. Good workaround for now.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Doesn’t work with Firefox on iPad. It’s an iOS thing, not an app thing. I may be wrong, but I think Apple blocks browsers from being able to send push notifications.

correct. Apple is blocking it.

06257F75-9624-4697-A604-6F41B4B98724.png

Lame

you can do that now...trust me. You will never look back.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. #NoRagrets! I don’t miss tapatalk at all. Notifications aren’t a driving factor for me to open the forum. So I just check in when I can and hit my notifications first.

Nice. This was the last thing tethering me to Tapatalk.

Yet another strike on the iPhone, albeit a minor one. Haven't used Tapatalk pretty much done the last forum upgrade.

Sent to you from Chrome on my Pixel 3

This is a game changer. Goodbye Tapatalk?
...as I type from Tapatalk... hopefully for the last time.

Back