KZG Golf

Long Shot

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Could you elaborate more? What portions of the swing?
I try to feel/focus on rotation in my core to start the swing and in the downswing, and not feel any push or pull. I feel a pull or push it usually translates into me doing it with my hands and bad things happen.

Reframmellator

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
"How do you expect me to think and swing at the same time?" - Yogi Berra

For me, yours could be the most paralyzing question since "Do you inhale or exhale on your backswing?" My swing thoughts/worries these days focus on the position/path of my arms and hands during the downswing and post-impact. I try to swing the club and make sure the ball gets in the way.

cbaker2882

Ohio - not as cold, now just wet
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I guess you are technically pushing on the backswing, but I feel it more of a rotation if that makes sense? As for the downswing or through impact, I want to feel like I'm pulling down into it. That way I know I'm getting lag in the swing.

millsan1

I love me some me
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm a pusher. Pulling becomes slicing for me

Gman79

I'm Chris and I'm a golf addict
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I worked with someone that basically held the club up and told me to rotate and pull with the body. It was a strength exercise and teaching me I cannot pull without rotation.

ddstanford

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
yeah, its not like i'm good at this stupid sport :ROFLMAO: probably shouldn't be taking advice from me.
I agree with you totally. My swing thoughts are about proper rotation and starting down with my hips, I guess

Parrot

I can play a lot better than this but I never do
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Next time I have a bet on a match, this question is getting asked.

RetiredBoomer

Reaction score
I PULL the butt end of the grip right to the ball with both hands, a little bit inside-out on a full shot and outside-in on a cut lob..

Desmond

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
When you swing do you feel more pushing or pulling? Or is it all pulling but from lead or trail side feel?
Asked my instructor that question a few years ago. He said, whatever works for you. Some pull, others push. Personally, I think it's both working together.

MarMill8412

#Paradise2020
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8-9
"How do you expect me to think and swing at the same time?" - Yogi Berra

For me, yours could be the most paralyzing question since "Do you inhale or exhale on your backswing?" My swing thoughts/worries these days focus on the position/path of my arms and hands during the downswing and post-impact. I try to swing the club and make sure the ball gets in the way.
I guess you are technically pushing on the backswing, but I feel it more of a rotation if that makes sense? As for the downswing or through impact, I want to feel like I'm pulling down into it. That way I know I'm getting lag in the swing.
I agree, The golf swing is more of a rotational swing. I was just wondering what people felt during the swing. I have started just rotating to make sure I have a full backswing and then feel the lead shoulder drop in downswing. Pushing/pulling thoughts don't work well.

93civiccpe

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I agree, The golf swing is more of a rotational swing. I was just wondering what people felt during the swing. I have started just rotating to make sure I have a full backswing and then feel the lead shoulder drop in downswing. Pushing/pulling thoughts don't work well.
I feel like I leave my hands at the top and turn through.. It's a different feeling but let's me drop the club from the inside

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in