"How do you expect me to think and swing at the same time?" - Yogi Berra

For me, yours could be the most paralyzing question since "Do you inhale or exhale on your backswing?" My swing thoughts/worries these days focus on the position/path of my arms and hands during the downswing and post-impact. I try to swing the club and make sure the ball gets in the way.

I guess you are technically pushing on the backswing, but I feel it more of a rotation if that makes sense? As for the downswing or through impact, I want to feel like I'm pulling down into it. That way I know I'm getting lag in the swing.

I'm a pusher. Pulling becomes slicing for me

I worked with someone that basically held the club up and told me to rotate and pull with the body. It was a strength exercise and teaching me I cannot pull without rotation.

yeah, its not like i'm good at this stupid sport :ROFLMAO: probably shouldn't be taking advice from me.
I agree with you totally. My swing thoughts are about proper rotation and starting down with my hips, I guess

Next time I have a bet on a match, this question is getting asked.

I PULL the butt end of the grip right to the ball with both hands, a little bit inside-out on a full shot and outside-in on a cut lob..

When you swing do you feel more pushing or pulling? Or is it all pulling but from lead or trail side feel?

Asked my instructor that question a few years ago. He said, whatever works for you. Some pull, others push. Personally, I think it's both working together.

"How do you expect me to think and swing at the same time?" - Yogi Berra

For me, yours could be the most paralyzing question since "Do you inhale or exhale on your backswing?" My swing thoughts/worries these days focus on the position/path of my arms and hands during the downswing and post-impact. I try to swing the club and make sure the ball gets in the way.
I guess you are technically pushing on the backswing, but I feel it more of a rotation if that makes sense? As for the downswing or through impact, I want to feel like I'm pulling down into it. That way I know I'm getting lag in the swing.
I agree, The golf swing is more of a rotational swing. I was just wondering what people felt during the swing. I have started just rotating to make sure I have a full backswing and then feel the lead shoulder drop in downswing. Pushing/pulling thoughts don't work well.

I agree, The golf swing is more of a rotational swing. I was just wondering what people felt during the swing. I have started just rotating to make sure I have a full backswing and then feel the lead shoulder drop in downswing. Pushing/pulling thoughts don't work well.
I feel like I leave my hands at the top and turn through.. It's a different feeling but let's me drop the club from the inside

Back