Push Cart Mafia member?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 289 58.7%
  • I have a part time membership.

Votes: 159 32.3%
  • Hard pass.

Votes: 44 8.9%

• Total voters
Before moving from CA I had credit to use at Golf Mart so I bought one of the sunshade umbrellas, similar to this:
G4Free 54/62/68 Inch Extra Large Windproof Golf Umbrella UV Protection

But the tube for holding the umbrella on my Bag Boy Quad is too large a diameter and the thing flops around. There is no adjustment clamp or anything, so I have only used it once so far. I need to work on that before summer comes.
My clic gear has a little bungee there but it still flops around so I don't use it

Can you find a PVC pipe that is in between in diameter to use as a sleave?
If you can’t find a PVC tube in between in diameter get one that is the same diameter as the mounting tube, cut the tube lengthwise removing just enough material so you can then squeeze it and slide it into the mounting slot.

Last edited:
Btw, am I the only one who uses the umbrella in the summer as a sunshade? And know I look ridiculous but don’t care? Maybe it’s just me 😂
Not the only one. I probably use my umbrella more for shade than in the rain

I have not made it a priority to figure out a better fit, but the PVC is a good suggestion. I will be making a trip to the local hardware store soon for other reasons and will see what I can do.

Played 18 on Friday with my new nitro and was extremely happy with the experience. Little chilly so it wasn’t crowded and got in 18 in 2 hours and 45 this way. Was an awesome time to do it.

Attachments

• IMG_1407.jpeg
    IMG_1407.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 8
How can I change my vote 🤦‍♂️ Joining the mafia full time with a Bag Boy Nitron incoming.

Working on something a little better than this for stability. The bag legs kinda want to let it slip around on the cradle. I’ll figure it out…..

AF1088ED-C952-4794-B8DB-6779F6166C35.jpeg

Working on something a little better than this for stability. The bag legs kinda want to let it slip around on the cradle. I’ll figure it out…..

View attachment 9252105
For this very reason I took my cart into the store once I’d narrowed down my bag shopping to three finalists. Testing it on my cart eliminated one of those three and saved me a lot of grief!

For this very reason I took my cart into the store once I’d narrowed down my bag shopping to three finalists. Testing it on my cart eliminated one of those three and saved me a lot of grief!

👍

I can’t part with stand bags!

Looking forward to seeing how the new Callaway bag aligns with the Nitron.

Anyone have experience with Vessel Lux cart bags and Sun Mountain push carts? Or comments in general about Vessel's fitting in push carts? I'm excited to use the lux 2.0 but am nervous about wear/damaging it with the arms of the cart.

👍

I can’t part with stand bags!
My new bag IS a stand bag. Just because it is a stand bag doesn’t mean all the stand bags have the problem yours does.

View attachment 9252105
New Callaway stand bags address this with the lowrider legs, but I know that isn't everyone's preference (the Fairway+ is a solid bag). That doesn't look like a Clicgear, but they do make this bag cozy. It just Velcros over the arms so it might fit. I have one sitting in my basement unused. Happy to pass it onto you if you're interested in trying it.

Clicgear_Accessories_Bag_Cozy_a_1200x.jpg

I am on the fence for a push cart. It would save me $15 per round and makes good sense if I am going to walk early mornings like I did today. Roughly 20 rounds would pay for it. Makes it worth it. Clicgear 4.0 vs Bag Boy Nitron is where I am presently unless another company slips my mind... push me in a direction everyone.

I am on the fence for a push cart. It would save me $15 per round and makes good sense if I am going to walk early mornings like I did today. Roughly 20 rounds would pay for it. Makes it worth it. Clicgear 4.0 vs Bag Boy Nitron is where I am presently unless another company slips my mind... push me in a direction everyone.
IMO, you can't go wrong either way with Clicgear vs. Nitron. I have a Clicgear and it's a great push cart that is built well and has lasted me forever, but if I was going to buy one today I'd actually be leaning toward the Nitron.

Both of them have features I like and dislike more than the other, and to me the folding/unfolding wouldn't be a huge deciding factor. The Nitron is a one step process that's virtually immediate, the Clicgear takes three steps but they're quick and easy. The difference in opening/closing them is about 3 seconds once you know how to do it. The Clicgear is a manual process involving two levers and a button, the Nitron is automatic and involves a gas charged cylinder. I know the Clicgear's moving parts will last virtually forever, I'm not sure what the life is on the gas cylinder of the Nitron.

As a push cart they are really similar. The 3 things that sway me for the Nitron are as follows.

1. The storage bin under the console is amazing. You just toss things in there and it makes things quicker instead of finding a spot to put your rangefinder or even iron covers. :ROFLMAO:

2. Top Lok is a game changer for stand bags. I had the booster and bag cozy for clicgear and they didn't work as well as Top Lok

3. Look how close the bag sits to the front wheel on both. The stand bag without the booster would tilt up and be closer to the wheel. There is a lot of water and mud that can get flung from the front wheel onto the bag.

1711898418104.png

I have a clicgear but just encountered my buddy to buy the nitron. The storage bag on the nitron is much more convenient than the net on the clicgear. The cup holder is built in on the nitron and an add on on the clicgear.

Played 18 on Friday with my new nitro and was extremely happy with the experience. Little chilly so it wasn’t crowded and got in 18 in 2 hours and 45 this way. Was an awesome time to do it.
My brother lives in Naperville. I was just there last week!

Putting in my $.02...

Out family has a fleet of four two-wheel carts, and we have less than $40 invested in the four of them - best purchases ever. My kids (6 1/2 yo twins) love that they have their own carts and it keeps me from carrying their stuff. Thrift shops and FB marketplace are the go-to for cheap, old-style two wheel carts!

I've got a bagboy quad XL. It's nice except when its wet and swampy it becomes a b*tch to push

The wind really took it out of me yesterday. Electric cart just keeps more intriguing.

The wind really took it out of me yesterday. Electric cart just keeps more intriguing.
I watched @jmix18 use one with follow mode and I'm so very intrigued by that. It was pretty awesome that it would just follow behind him on the right all around the course.

I watched @jmix18 use one with follow mode and I'm so very intrigued by that. It was pretty awesome that it would just follow behind him on the right all around the course.
It’s the best dang gadget I’ve ever purchased! Very few issues with it overall. Love it and definitely makes walking 18 easier!!

Follow mode is 🔥 as well!!

Back