Push Cart Mafia member?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 288 59.0%
  • I have a part time membership.

Votes: 156 32.0%
  • Hard pass.

Votes: 44 9.0%

• Total voters
I have a push cart, old and not so great. Been looking for a clic gear in eBay and OMG these prices are ridiculous! I see some for $800 and some used ones for $500
Come on, really?

I wanna join the #clicgearmafia...that's where all the cool kids are.

I wanna join the #clicgearmafia...that's where all the cool kids are.
But those prices are out of control
Are they REALLY that much better?

I don't think so but I like the 3.5 vs my caddytec 4-wheel...

I’m sure the pandemic is driving those prices up. Maybe take a look at older models? My 3.5 has to be at least 6 years old and is in great shape.

They are £180 / $225 new over here In the UK. Most retailers will ship to the US for a small fee.

Curious if ClicGear is better than this one...

View attachment 8942271View attachment 8942272

Curious what the selling points would be... difference major or minimal?

That is very cool looking. I think someone would need to own and use a number of models side by side to provide unbiased insights then it could still be biased because of a feature they liked. I for example push using only my left hand and like to put my hand right in the center of the grip. Many carts prevent that so I dismissed them. Does not mean they are not great carts. In fact, maybe I could control them from a side hand position but I did not want to risk that.

Prices are up right now because of the situation and supply/demand.

Are they better? They’re the best carts on the market imo, Big Max is next.

My back was pretty tired today by the end of the round. It has me thinking about joining the mafia. Of course I don’t think you can find a push cart right now.

I have a push cart, old and not so great. Been looking for a clic gear in eBay and OMG these prices are ridiculous! I see some for $800 and some used ones for $500
Come on, really?
That's scumbags taking advantage of the demand right now. New ones retail for $259.99 during normal times.

That's scumbags taking advantage of the demand right now. New ones retail for $259.99 during normal times.
Not thinking they are scumbags... If they have a product everyone wants good luck selling it for 2X. Maybe someone really needs it and has cash. Or maybe they want to be a part of push cart mafia, and they have to let it out of their hands... Local economy S&D...

Had my own powercart before I moved and retired. Tough with powercarts where I live now, especially in winter where most of the time they are path only and you end up walking back and forth lots, plus they won't let you use your own so you do an annual seat rental. I have iffy knees so bought myself an E wheels/Rovic setup 2 years ago. I think walking is one of the better things I have done for myself, healthwise. Was tough when I first changed as I play 3-4 times a week but don't even think about it anymore. The only downside is I go through shoes now.

Not thinking they are scumbags... If they have a product everyone wants good luck selling it for 2X. Maybe someone really needs it and has cash. Or maybe they want to be a part of push cart mafia, and they have to let it out of their hands... Local economy S&D...
I look at it the same way as the guy who bought up all the hand sanitizer and was selling it for 10x the cost or whatever it was - or the places who jacked up the price of bottled water because it's hard to get ahold of right now. I get S&D, but it still just doesn't seem right to me.

I see it as the commodity or rare item that is way overpriced and everyone knows it... Watch that ad on eBay guarantee he Lowers it orndoesnt sell similar to that company with rare headcovers... Get outta here with rediculous pricing... Now back to #pushcartmafia

A markup for getting it?
Ok.
A RIDONKULOUS MARKUP?
No, I'm not giving respect for that...NOONE cares but me, but nothing else matters at that point.
Just a personal viewpoint, nothing more.

Slows the game down and allows focus. Actually spaces people out much better on the course!
ALL. IN!

Have played for 40 years, when did pull carts become push carts? Spent too many years in an electric cart, I guess.

Have played for 40 years, when did pull carts become push carts? Spent too many years in an electric cart, I guess.
I think when they realized push was easier than pull... I always had a negative connotation for push carts until i tried it.

Curious if ClicGear is better than this one...

View attachment 8942271View attachment 8942272

Curious what the selling points would be... difference major or minimal?

That’s the original SM microcart. Solid, great over rolling terrain, and folds up nice and small. I am also a fan of the more upright clubs over 3-wheels. Lots of them around here — SM is Montana based — and I used the microcart for the last 5+ years, my golf tenure. I just broke the yellow latch this weekend and bought the new version, SM pathfinder 4. I am very happy with it so far. I will also look to get a replacement latch for the old one.

That’s the original SM microcart. Solid, great over rolling terrain, and folds up nice and small. I am also a fan of the more upright clubs over 3-wheels. Lots of them around here — SM is Montana based — and I used the microcart for the last 5+ years, my golf tenure. I just broke the yellow latch this weekend and bought the new version, SM pathfinder 4. I am very happy with it so far. I will also look to get a replacement latch for the old one.
It's my daily "pusher" Craigslist deal for a steal of a price. $25

As living in FL we don’t get to walk much anyways (wish we could) but lately I’ve been walking a course. Buddy lent me his sons Clicgear 3.5 with the seat. Such an awesome cart. Will probably get one for sure if they are finally back in stock. For the few times that I do walk it was such nice to use. View attachment 8941619

How compact are those when folded up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Sometimes I prefer the leisurely pace of riding, but we end up waiting forever anyway, so walking doesn’t slow me down that much. However, I definitely get worn out which leads to more haphazard play on the back 9.

Not sure of true origin but my first introduction to a push cart was the SunMountain Speedcart. I think that came out in 1997 era. I first got one in roughly 2003. Much better then my pull cart. that 2003 speedcart is now used by my best friend and he loves it.

How compact is the Clicgear 3.5 when folded? I fit mine in the trunk of my 2011 Taurus along with by bag... my bag has to go catty corner in and the clicgear goes straight in on the side. I still have room for a Diet Pepsi Cube or 2 without moving things around too much.

The seat is removable and I think it needs to be removed to fold. I don't have the seat.

Hope this gives you an idea of the size.

The one I used was a 3.5 with the seat attachment. He had to take the seat off but was quick and easy. Fit into the back of a corolla hatchback with clubs no problem. Seemed pretty compact for what it is. Was solid and easy to use.

Back