Push Cart Mafia member?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 288 58.9%
  • I have a part time membership.

Votes: 157 32.1%
  • Hard pass.

Votes: 44 9.0%

• Total voters
H to the Y. Walk 99% of my rounds and have had numerous surgeries from other sports, so don't want to carry as much as that would be.

I never understood this... why design a course that requires you to ride to reach the holes.
They believe it makes for a faster round and do not want to hold up anyone when busy ...

They believe it makes for a faster round and do not want to hold up anyone when busy ...
Sure, but don't know what data they have on that. In my experience walking is faster or certainly fast enough. Played my Saturday round in 3:05 which included our "not walker friendly" 9. Got lucky I was first one out, so no waiting on other, but played at laid back pace. If i'd wanted to hustle I probably could have played in 2:30-2:45. That kinda pace certainly isn't slowing down the pace for the rest of the course.

Sure, but don't know what data they have on that. In my experience walking is faster or certainly fast enough. Played my Saturday round in 3:05 which included our "not walker friendly" 9. Got lucky I was first one out, so no waiting on other, but played at laid back pace. If i'd wanted to hustle I probably could have played in 2:30-2:45. That kinda pace certainly isn't slowing down the pace for the rest of the course.

I'm not arguing - one course I enjoy playing will not allow walking, maybe because of the hills. I asked, they said "no."

When i played with a daily group on another course, we walked and finished in 3-3:15 hours. That was a relaxing round.

Push carts need a spot for umbrellas when its not raining.... might have lost mine the last time out...

Push carts need a spot for umbrellas when its not raining.... might have lost mine the last time out...

I don't have the same cart as you but my CG has an umbrella loop on the bottom and a velcro loop up top for holding an umbrella once the cart is unfolded. Guessing other than that you'd be left with whatever's on the bag, which I could totally see being annoying and very bag/cart dependent on how useful it is.

I don't have the same cart as you but my CG has an umbrella loop on the bottom and a velcro loop up top for holding an umbrella once the cart is unfolded. Guessing other than that you'd be left with whatever's on the bag, which I could totally see being annoying and very bag/cart dependent on how useful it is.
pretty sure i was irritated taking it off the bag... not user friendly as it was stuck.loaded bag n cart got distracted and left it on the ground as i pulled out... my fault🤞🤞🤞 club still has it tomorrow...

i hate when im an idiot:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I’m gonna hijack this thread slightly. I’ll walk whenever I can, but pushing a cart and my back don’t agree. You see electric push carts on every course back home. Here, I’ve only ever seen one, and it belongs to my father in law and resembles a moon lander rather than a golf cart. Anyone use electric and point me in the direction of a decent power cart here? I’m toying with the V2 ewheels for my cliches, but if anyone has any other recommendations, I’m all ears.

I actually walked a course of over 5,000 yards for the first time in many years with my cart on Saturday, and it was actually a much better experience than when I ride. My big concern was fatigue on the back 9. But we kept a steady leisurely pace and it was okay.
:golf2:

I have joined up. During quarantine I had been telling the wife I was wanting to find a cart so like everyone else, have been looking on local for sale sites etc. Not much popped up around here, so, since I was back getting some rounds in and having my own cart to ride in per course rules, I put the search for one on back burner.

Wife comes home from work yesterday and says that she had a surprise for me in the back of her vehicle.

Open up the back of her suv and to my amazement I see this folded up there. :eek::love:

B38E5FB9-C4C9-4C3E-925A-BF936F37B646.jpeg

One of wife's coworkers, her father in-law manages a course at a Dallas country club and had this that they didn't use anymore.

This will be getting used today. Rained over night so I am sure the course will be cart path only. :ROFLMAO: Not for me. (y)

I have joined up. During quarantine I had been telling the wife I was wanting to find a cart so like everyone else, have been looking on local for sale sites etc. Not much popped up around here, so, since I was back getting some rounds in and having my own cart to ride in per course rules, I put the search for one on back burner.

Wife comes home from work yesterday and says that she had a surprise for me in the back of her vehicle.

Open up the back of her suv and to my amazement I see this folded up there. :eek::love:

View attachment 8946077

One of wife's coworkers, her father in-law manages a course at a Dallas country club and had this that they didn't use anymore.

This will be getting used today. Rained over night so I am sure the course will be cart path only. :ROFLMAO: Not for me. (y)
That's a great wife. Good for her, and lucky you.

View attachment 8946077

Keep her.

View attachment 8946077

WOW! I can honestly say I will be trading in the SunMountain Micro Cart after all this COVID when everyone returns to their carts. This just looks sooo good. Love the stealth black coloring.

I’ve been a long time member but I think I’m jumping into an electric push cart very, very soon. I haven’t decided the model yet but I’m leaning MGI Zip Nav based on a @Tenputt recommendation.
I have been doing a lot of research lately. Had a question about the Stewart Golf X9 yesterday, emailed them and had a response back in less than 2 hours.

Here ya go, just don't go into sticker shock.

I almost bought a Stewart. However, as I looked more and more, it seemed like the MGI Zip Navigator gave me everything I really wanted/needed for a thousand bucks less. The follow me feature certainly looks fun, though.

Having used the Zip Navigator for over a year now, I do not have a penny of buyer remorse.

I almost bought a Stewart. However, as I looked more and more, it seemed like the MGI Zip Navigator gave me everything I really wanted/needed for a thousand bucks less. The follow me feature certainly looks fun, though.

Having used the Zip Navigator for over a year now, I do not have a penny of buyer remorse.
It is that kind of statement that makes me think it is a good decision.

As a walker already, looks like I’ve joined the power cart posse! Had one in the U.K., it’s driven me mad they aren’t much of a thing over here. After going back and forth on several different models, decided to check FB marketplace, and I’ve just agreed to buy a lightly used QOD for around half price. Look a little funky, but get great reviews.

View attachment 8946077

NICE!!! Hope you enjoy it. I'm hoping to upgrade this year.

My cart continues to make me happy. I’ve only ridden a single round in the last month and a half.

Back