Push Cart Mafia member?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 289 58.7%
  • I have a part time membership.

Votes: 159 32.3%
  • Hard pass.

Votes: 44 8.9%

• Total voters
Walked 18 Saturday, just a little over 8 miles on the course we played.

I feel I'll be joining this full time once companies have inventory again. Used one over the weekend and despite the course being a brutal walk, the push cart was way nicer on the body than carrying it would have been. Even in the heat, all it took was an umbrella and I had zero issues.

Learned real quick that I should have packed snacks, my energy was real low by the 17th hole!

Joined full time last summer, best decision for my golf game (and back). My bag always had 'some' extra 12 oz cans in it so pushing is much easier

With heat indicies easily eclipsing 100°, my use of the push cart will dwindle. If at all, it'll probably only be 9 hole games after work. Its also time to make sure the batteries are charged for the fan that's going to be riding in the cart with me.

Timely that this thread just popped-up in the "Latest Posts" view. I was just looking at golf bag carts last night. I want to walk, but I suspect a 69-year-old guy trying to hump a golf bag over an 18-hole course is probably asking a bit much of one's self :)

Thing is: I don't like pushing things. Probably because I'm tall and have a long stride, pushing things is just not comfortable for me. Feels awkward. Even in grocery stores or whatever I'm as likely to be seen pulling a shopping cart from the front as pushing it from the back--particularly if it's lightly- or un-loaded.

So I think I probably want something more like the young man in this post: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...mafia-are-you-in.8918660/page-12#post-9321261 is using.

More economical, too.

Problem is: How do you know what's well-built and what's just going to lead to more grief than it's worth?
The only thing I can think of to suggest is to search for golf pull cart reviews... or 2 wheeled golf pull cart reviews...

The only thing I can think of to suggest is to search for golf pull cart reviews... or 2 wheeled golf pull cart reviews...
Problem there is I'm more interested in quality and value, whereas many people base their reviews primarily, or only, on the latter.

CaddyTek carts in stock at Costco for not $300!

So after... a lot of stalking, I've narrowed it down to either the Cliqgear 3.5 or 4.0 (let's be real, whichever is in stock), the Sunmountain Pathfinder 3 or the speedcart GX, or the CaddyTek 15.3, 11.5, whatev.

I don't like the fact on the Cliqgear that there's no dedicated cell phone/GPS holder, and that every accessory seemingly attaches where the umbrella holder would be. I also don't like the fact I feel like I'm buying a stock model for a lot, and have to add on all the things that should already kinda come standard.

The Sunmountain two are nice. Little worried about storage, don't seem to have a lot of accessories, but it may not need them. Does the umbrella holder move or is it just at that 30 degree angle or whatever it is on the side there?

The CaddyTek seems to just have all the bells and whistles. But, foot brake instead of hand brake. I'm not sure if that's really a major deal or not in the scheme of things.

I like storage, I like places for things, but I don't want to have to sacrifice something important, like shade from an umbrella, just to have a cell phone or GPS holder. Any thoughts from those who have any of those X brands?

Clic, Clic, BOOM!

So after... a lot of stalking, I've narrowed it down to either the Cliqgear 3.5 or 4.0 (let's be real, whichever is in stock), the Sunmountain Pathfinder 3 or the speedcart GX, or the CaddyTek 15.3, 11.5, whatev.

I don't like the fact on the Cliqgear that there's no dedicated cell phone/GPS holder, and that every accessory seemingly attaches where the umbrella holder would be. I also don't like the fact I feel like I'm buying a stock model for a lot, and have to add on all the things that should already kinda come standard.

The Sunmountain two are nice. Little worried about storage, don't seem to have a lot of accessories, but it may not need them. Does the umbrella holder move or is it just at that 30 degree angle or whatever it is on the side there?

The CaddyTek seems to just have all the bells and whistles. But, foot brake instead of hand brake. I'm not sure if that's really a major deal or not in the scheme of things.

I like storage, I like places for things, but I don't want to have to sacrifice something important, like shade from an umbrella, just to have a cell phone or GPS holder. Any thoughts from those who have any of those X brands?

For the price and the accessories they come with, Caddytek is tough to beat. I've put mine through the paces the past two years and have had no issues with it.

ClicGear.
There is a little net infront of the top storage, perfect place for a phone or GPS unit. Pretty easy to pull the phone out or GPS out and look at it. What accessories do you really need? One guy I play with has a seat on his. Easy to add the cooler pouch. It's very well build with solid materials. I have over 300 rounds on mine with no issues at all. Definitely paid for itself by now on what I would have paid for cart fees.
Just my thoughts.

Love my Bag Boy 4 wheeler. It's effortless to push. I ride when it's too hot because I carry a lot of water/electrolytes, or if I'm playing in a tournament.

ClicGear.
There is a little net infront of the top storage, perfect place for a phone or GPS unit. Pretty easy to pull the phone out or GPS out and look at it. What accessories do you really need? One guy I play with has a seat on his. Easy to add the cooler pouch. It's very well build with solid materials. I have over 300 rounds on mine with no issues at all. Definitely paid for itself by now on what I would have paid for cart fees.
Just my thoughts.

I feel like the swivel umbrella holder is kinda nice so you can move the umbrella to the side to block the sun, or if you have a light rain that's being aided with some wind. The seat is cool and all, but I feel like if you sit on that, you'll just stiffen up and feel even worse haha. Cooler pouch, ehh.. I have plush coolers, I feel I could just toss that down below and accomplish the same thing?

I feel like the swivel umbrella holder is kinda nice so you can move the umbrella to the side to block the sun, or if you have a light rain that's being aided with some wind. The seat is cool and all, but I feel like if you sit on that, you'll just stiffen up and feel even worse haha. Cooler pouch, ehh.. I have plush coolers, I feel I could just toss that down below and accomplish the same thing?
I think you should go all out and get this:

I think you should go all out and get this:

That’s one of the only ones in stock and I just can’t figure out why! :ROFLMAO:

That’s one of the only ones in stock and I just can’t figure out why! :ROFLMAO:
I showed my wife and she was like you could by a good used riding cart for that much.
I did see one a couple weeks ago. Talked to the guy and he said he has had zero issues with it. Looked nice and well built, but ya that is some coin to drop.

I took Troy's 3.5 off his hands when he wasn't using it years ago and its still going strong. I had the GPS mount on it for a while, but its just as easy to grab it out of the net in front of the handle area and doesn't take up the umbrella spot anymore. Also, I'm almost certain I've seen a GPS/phone holder that mounts to the handle or flat storage area or some such thing. Point being, there's usually always a way to make the Clicgears work for you. I don't have any experience with the others you mentioned, but I've never had a reason to look at any others.

I showed my wife and she was like you could by a good used riding cart for that much.
I did see one a couple weeks ago. Talked to the guy and he said he has had zero issues with it. Looked nice and well built, but ya that is some coin to drop.

That price, yeah I could buy my own golf cart. I don’t like walking that much haha

That price, yeah I could buy my own golf cart. I don’t like walking that much haha
If I got one of those, I can guarantee my wife would never let me leave the house with out it.

Bought the wife and I a couple of Caddytek 3 wheelers two years ago when they were on sale. They are great for us and have held up well. Came with the essentials we needed.

Has anyone tried something like a motorcycle phone mount? I’m thinking that could work for my clicgear and keep the umbrella space free.

I chose a Bag Boy C3 cart for my 25 year work anniversary gift and just love it. It opens and folds up easily to a compact size. The guys in our group all ride in carts, so I do that on our Tuesday night golf league. I walk when I'm playing alone - and find this cart to be just perfect for my needs.

Almost fell off the wagon last weekend. 18 holes on a hilly course in 88 deg temps with 90+ humidity and a very light breeze was a killer. AFter the front 9, sweating so much I couldn't hold on to the club. Almost considered jumping in a cart for the back 9. Ended up pulling out the umbrella and running the rest of the round with it up as a sun shade just to give some relief. Helped out immensely. Was able to finish out the round. Well that and the 3 quarts of Gatorade I drank. :)

Back