Push Cart Mafia member?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 288 58.9%
  • I have a part time membership.

Votes: 157 32.1%
  • Hard pass.

Votes: 44 9.0%

• Total voters
I’m torn. During the early walking only days I was lucky enough to pick up a nice TGW Players 3 wheel cart. Used it a couple of times but discovered that my back and pushing don’t get along well. Prior to the push experiment, I carried a partial set of whatever clubs tripped my fancy that day. And oddly, my best round came carrying just four clubs, no bag and a few balls in my pocket. (Kept it under 40 for nine holes.)

So while I still don’t want to give up my Push Cart Mafia status, I’m wondering if I might just be better off in the Minimalist Mafia instead. Would that be like being both a Shark and a Jet in West Side Story?

Anyway, I’m thinking of picking up one of these for walking:

Mine is a ClicGear 3.5....love it!

Anyone here using the Callaway Org14 bag and if so, cart fit suggestions?

Anyone here using the Callaway Org14 bag and if so, cart fit suggestions?

The guy I used to play with has that bag.
He used a Bag Boy Push called Nitron which was really good.

Summer of 2019 I was 100% in... but that was the last hurrah as my wife was pregnant and I was playing 36 holes a day 4 days a week with some 9’s sprinkled in the weekend. The life of a teacher!

Yup, imo still the pinnacle of push carts.
Wait are you saying pinnacle of push carts or Pinnacle of push carts?

Anyone have any cart mitts they would recommend? Would prefer them to be the type that you can fix to the handle of the cart, but it's not a necessity.

Anyone have any cart mitts they would recommend? Would prefer them to be the type that you can fix to the handle of the cart, but it's not a necessity.
I don't know of any of the companies that make them but someone must. Worse case you could find a snowmobile dealer online and maybe modify them.
How cold are you golfing that you need mitts?

I don't know of any of the companies that make them but someone must. Worse case you could find a snowmobile dealer online and maybe modify them.
How cold are you golfing that you need mitts?

Not super cold, but I'm a wimp! I'm more than comfortable golfing in the 40's as long as the wind isn't bad. I'm a morning golfer, so I'll only usually have to deal with lower temps on the front nine or so. I know that Clicgear makes some, but their accessories tend to be pricey when there are equal quality items for much less money.

Not super cold, but I'm a wimp! I'm more than comfortable golfing in the 40's as long as the wind isn't bad. I'm a morning golfer, so I'll only usually have to deal with lower temps on the front nine or so. I know that Clicgear makes some, but their accessories tend to be pricey when there are equal quality items for much less money.

Why not just grab some of the larger golf mittens and use those? Can usually find them at Dicks or GG.

Why not just grab some of the larger golf mittens and use those? Can usually find them at Dicks or GG.
I'd prefer something that is fixed to the cart similar to how the Clicgear ones are. I'm a mitten amateur though as I have no use for them outside of golf, but didn't know if anyone had any specific recommendations.

hoping for a clicgear upgrade this offseason, maybe someone is cleaning out garage... Otherwise - sunmountain will be making more rounds during December - March... cold weather and walking to keep blood pumping.

Cart path only yesterday so I grabbed the ClicGear 3.5 and loaded up and went out to walk the course. Was a cloudy and slight drizzle on a few holes, but not too bad. Enjoyed my round and got close to 14k steps in for the day. 🔥

SunMountain and Cliqgear are the higher end push carts but stalk Costco and grab the Caddytek three wheel ones. Under 130 and it’s an awesome one. I would have gone with them had they been available during the spring.

I got a CG 4 last Christmas and I just managed to get a 3 Wheel Caddytek from Costco for the wife the other week. Honestly there is not a huge difference between them. It does appear that the "fasteners" on the sides for options are exactly the same so you can use CG options, if I had to do it again (so to speak) I'd probably save $200 CDN and go for the Caddytek.

I am also waiting for another CG 4 to turn up for my BIL for Christmas as I managed to find one to backorder. It's been sat at the delivery hub for 4 days with no movement. Apparently it should be delivered in 2-3 days now. It shipped Nov 12th..

my caddytek is nice but i prefer to carry...

The old bag boy express 120 been getting some miles, 9 rounds this month (y). Cooling off and Wednesday is the next go around, hope to get many more rounds in December...

View attachment 8977017
This is the easiest cart to push of all the carts I have owned!

the cart looks similar to my old Sunmountain cart that lasted me over 20 years. Wheels never did wear out so I gave it to a friend and bought me a new bagboy Nitro. a year later my friend is still pushing the old Sun Mountain. that cart may outlive me

Played a course yesterday and had planned to walk since it was CPO. They told our group that if we used a push cart, then we had to even keep those on the cart paths. Made no sense to us at all.

Played a course yesterday and had planned to walk since it was CPO. They told our group that if we used a push cart, then we had to even keep those on the cart paths. Made no sense to us at all.
I have never heard of that or had it happen.

I am looking to join the Mafia in 2021. More walking, less riding. Going to be on the lookout for deals post-Christmas.

Back