Push Cart Mafia member?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 288 58.9%
  • I have a part time membership.

Votes: 157 32.1%
  • Hard pass.

Votes: 44 9.0%

• Total voters
I snagged a push cart this week. An employee of mine buys abandoned storage units and asked me if I wanted a cart he found. He only wanted $75 for a Bagboy Nitron so I couldn’t refuse. I used it nine holes today before I got too hot and rode on the back. I liked it a lot; my last cart was 20 years ago and a two-wheel pull cart. View attachment 9006756
That's a heck of deal on a great cart! Walking 9 is a great way to start a round. My body moves really well when I do that.

I really want to be, but I'm not willing to spend the money on one quite yet.
Take a look at Craigslist and OfferUp. Carts pop up on my local CL quite often and they're like good used cars...plenty of miles left on them but the sticker shock is gone. I've seen nice ones listed between $40-80 recently. Lot of people seem to buy them hoping to walk more, try them once or twice, then decide they'd rather ride a cart so they sell the push cart for cheap.

Love my ClicGear 3.5 -- just wish it was motorized. :cool:

I have played a few rounds up here in Virginia while up here for the Navy and have really wished I had my push cart. Walking for the round is much more relaxing and enjoyable than riding in a cart.

I have played a few rounds up here in Virginia while up here for the Navy and have really wished I had my push cart. Walking for the round is much more relaxing and enjoyable than riding in a cart.
How long are you in VA and what part?

Since getting my Clicgear 4.0 earlier this year I have walked every round except one. It makes the round more enjoyable and I do not seem to play any better or worse than riding in a cart. Its about to get stupid hot and humid here in Houston so I am not sure if I will be able to walk rounds in the dangerous heat. I am going to keep walking rounds unless I start feeling overheated.

I get stiffness and pain mid-back under the shoulder blades when I play. I think it is exacerbated from pushing the cart. Picked up a hoofer craz-e-lite bag and have started carrying it for 9-hole rounds with 12-13 clubs and minimal extras. Glorious. I can maybe play with 10-11 clubs with a more creative setup. I stay fit but walking 18 with a carry bag does stiffen up the back enough that I feel it in the swing late in the round. This minimal setup might just be a nice compromise.

D, 4hy, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, 52, 58, P should work well on the home course. The other much longer course I frequent would play better with some extra punch at the top.

Always walking the course....so much better for the game and get exercise

Strong ponder mode right now on the Nitron. My course isn't exactly the easiest to walk and carry, plus I'm getting old and decrepit.

my back issues have kept me out of the mafia for the last month...hopefully, i'll be back in soon

The wife and I bought ZTECH two wheelers for $55 each. We are into year four. Still walking 18.

I'm thinking I might get a super light walking bag next year, for those days I don't need to pack for rain, sleet and snow.

Strong ponder mode right now on the Nitron. My course isn't exactly the easiest to walk and carry, plus I'm getting old and decrepit.

I am thinking about joining the mafia also. On hilly courses I find the push cart to be kind of a pain. My course is extremely flat so it isn't as big an issue. I generally walk and carry but I do have a bit of a wonky back.

I am thinking about joining the mafia also. On hilly courses I find the push cart to be kind of a pain. My course is extremely flat so it isn't as big an issue. I generally walk and carry but I do have a bit of a wonky back.

I made the switch from carrying to a push cart full time two years ago. I have a herniated and bulging disc. I had always preferred to walk and carry. A few years ago I missed 5 weeks of golf because of back spasms and related issues. Once I got better, I switched to a push cart. I have had no back issues since using the push cart. As far as hilly terrain, my course is not that hilly but I have used the push cart on hillier courses without any issues.

I ended up getting the push cart and would recommend it, especially if you have back issues. I have been dealing with back/knee issues the last 4 or 5 years and having a push cart makes life a little easier in the heat.

I've come full circle with how I play these days. I was a full time carrier then picked up a Clicgear. Used it for many years then went through a minimalist phase where I played with 7-8 clubs in a Jones bag. Living in the PNW I eventually went to a Sun Mountain Swift X with legs just to keep the clubs dry during the fall/winter months. This past year I injured my achilles and it was difficult to play. Walking was tough and carrying didn't help. Earlier this summer I was able to pick up CaddyTrek electric cart on Craigslist for fairly cheap so I've been using that. Like others have said, it's much easier on my back, and more importantly so much easier on the walk. At the end of the rounds there was a significant difference in energy from not having to push. The novelty hasn't worn off yet. It took me a couple rounds figuring out how to "drive" it and using the "follow" function has been great.

Maiden voyage today with the Bagboy Nitron. So much better than carrying. This is my new favorite way to play golf. And most importantly….makes it easier to enjoy an adult beverage or two!

Attachments

• 432F977E-EAB2-4CDD-847A-1166A6BB6D5F.jpeg
    432F977E-EAB2-4CDD-847A-1166A6BB6D5F.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 23
Clic Gear is in the truck already for tomorrows round.

Is a three wheel cart worth it from a mobility standpoint? Been eyeing the Nitron but found a deal on a lightly used Quad XL. Trying to weigh it out.

Is a three wheel cart worth it from a mobility standpoint? Been eyeing the Nitron but found a deal on a lightly used Quad XL. Trying to weigh it out.

QuadXL’s don’t seem to handle side hills very well, after a lot of reviews when I was between 3 or 4 wheel.

I have a quad cart. I had to alter it a bit because not all bags fit well. Outside of that I e had no issues. That said I would have preferred a 3 wheels as I think they are a little easier to maneuver.

Still walking just not pushing. Love this thing. 1D538D8F-B30B-4322-AA44-65510D5ED120.png

Back