Putt off at lunchtime - the winner......

scott.french3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I decided to take both my Vons SS398 and mySpiderX to the putting green at lunchtime. I took both through their paces on uphill, downhill, sidehill and relatively flat putts and varied distances. While the results were good with both, I am going to put the mySpiderX into play this weekend. It felt a little smoother on my putting strokes. Less chance of head twist with the thicker grip and mallet shape and weighting. Will report back after this weekend.

...I am going to put the mySpiderX into play this weekend. It felt a little smoother on my putting strokes. Less chance of head twist with the thicker grip and mallet shape and weighting. Will report back after this weekend.
It’s all about confidence - here’s to a solid weekend on the greens!

It’s all about confidence - here’s to a solid weekend on the greens!
Had a great day putting. 36/41 = 77 with par 71. The putter definitely made a huge difference.

Had a great day putting. 36/41 = 77 with par 71. The putter definitely made a huge difference.
Sounds like a great day for sure! Some nice scores!

Sounds like a great day for sure! Some nice scores!
On the front 9, I only hit 2 greens in regulation. Got up and down 6 of 7 times. On the back 9, I yanked my approach left which left me a 40 footer that was slightly uphill then pretty fast downhill and left to right to the hole. Had to barely get it to the beginning of the downhill then let gravity take over. Lagged to a foot. That was amazing.

On the front 9, I only hit 2 greens in regulation. Got up and down 6 of 7 times. On the back 9, I yanked my approach left which left me a 40 footer that was slightly uphill then pretty fast downhill and left to right to the hole. Had to barely get it to the beginning of the downhill then let gravity take over. Lagged to a foot. That was amazing.
That’s some decent putting for sure!

I had a Vons putter it seems like a million years ago. Is he still making putters?

I had a Vons putter it seems like a million years ago. Is he still making putters?
No, I think he stopped awhile ago. I ordered mine to my specs.

Back